News Forum - Move Forward Party dissolved, leaders banned for 10 years (video)

Thaiger

The Constitutional Court of Thailand today announced a verdict to dissolve the Move Forward Party (MFP) over their efforts to reform the lese majeste law, also known as Section 112 of the Criminal Law, and ban the managing executives of the party for 10 years. In April, the Election Commission of Thailand (ECT) requested that … …

The story Move Forward Party dissolved, leaders banned for 10 years (video) as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Thanks 1

Popular, led by a young presentable businessman, orange party logo, utterly unacceptable to the long-established vested interests.

This is simply rinse and repeat of what happened in 2020 to the Future Forward Party led by Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit.

I don't think they can keep doing this for ever, no matter how many rounds of digital wallet sweeteners they hand out.

• Like 3

I really don't see why not?

Particularly when these idiots say the same things and expect a different result. Pita is a cretin.

Need a new party for next time. Move Forward. Future Forward. What about Center Forward?

"“Dissolving the party merely for advocating legal reforms constitutes a serious violation of the rights to freedom of expression and association against lawmakers who were simply performing their duty of proposing laws."

Since when did that ever stop the Military and the elite from circumventing democracy in Thailand. There has never been ANY true democracy in Thailand nor will there ever be until control and power is wrestled from the army and there is no way the army will go without a fight.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Poolie said:

I really don't see why not?

Particularly when these idiots say the same things and expect a different result. Pita is a cretin.

The issue is not whether or not Pita is a cretin, nor is the issue about the merits of democracy. It is that the elections were called under the guise of a democratic process. No doubt to demonstrate to the international community that Thailand is committed to democratic principles. Elections, where the results were preordained, that as it turned out, to be a waste of everyone’s time and money. A farce in other words.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SnapDragon said:

Need a new party for next time. Move Forward. Future Forward. What about Center Forward?

How about:

Forward, reverse, neutral Party? 

or

Automatic Party? 

But please not New Moon Party! 

I couldn't face that 

download.jpg.6312b40ad9e99297f539d0d14434f5f0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, hughcow said:

Constitutional court. There's an oxymoron if ever I 've seen one.

More than that, a constitution is supposed to be an overarching agreement as how a society is supposed to organize itself. It acts as a rock of stability, an established and agreed-upon set of principles.

That requires that a Constitution will be a fairly long-lasting document. The Thai constitution is rewritten about as regularly as a dolphin comes up for air.

If there is no stability in the Constitution, yet it is seen as the supreme arbiter of the political process, then you are virtually guaranteed political chaos and paralysis. Which may be what the incumbent powers want.

11 hours ago, Khunmark said:

The issue is not whether or not Pita is a cretin, nor is the issue about the merits of democracy. It is that the elections were called under the guise of a democratic process. No doubt to demonstrate to the international community that Thailand is committed to democratic principles. Elections, where the results were preordained, that as it turned out, to be a waste of everyone’s time and money. A farce in other words.

Ok. I agree. I don't care, having no involvement whatsoever.

But Pita is still a cretin.

• 4 weeks later...

hopeless,

a farce,

Thailand can't move forward with the current constitution created by the military for the military

• Like 1

7 hours ago, butterfly said:

hopeless,

a farce,

Thailand can't move forward with the current constitution created by the military for the military

Endorsed by people we aren't allowed to mention.....

• Like 1