News Forum - Thai transwoman nabbed in 26 million baht scam targeting Japanese nationals

Thaiger

Metropolitan Police Bureau officers arrested a Thai transwoman yesterday after she scammed 73 Japanese nationals over a ten-year period. The total losses amounted to nearly 26 million baht. The 49 year old Thai transwoman, Uthai “Amy” Nantakhan, was arrested yesterday, August 4, at her condominium in the Bangkapi district of Bangkok. Her arrest followed a … …

The story Thai transwoman nabbed in 26 million baht scam targeting Japanese nationals as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The penalty is imprisonment of up to three years, a fine of up to 60,000 baht, or both.

Thailand typically lay one charge per instance of fraud, not one charge for the whole lot. And sentences are typically served consecutively. So the sentence will probably be the maximum 25 years permissible and be out after 10 years. 

I note that in the OP the perpetrator is said to be a she. This is part of the problem we face worldwide; especially in the west. Now in Thailand. 

BR

He is surely a geezer wearing a dress.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ChrisS said:

When will people learn, Ladyboy in Thailand = trouble!

My wife and I were with friends and their Thai cousins in Ao Nang

We ended up in a very busy Thai disco filled with ladyboys 

And I just don't like being around them

I think they are jealous of regular Thai girls and have a rage about them

So I had a drink and got out of there

• Like 2