News Forum - Pattaya rebranding as family-friendly destination to boost tourism

Thaiger

Pattaya’s tourism operators have put forth a proposal to the tourism minister, aiming to transform the city’s image into a family-friendly destination, distancing it from associations with sex tourism and illegal gambling. The Association of Chon Buri Tourism Federation (ACTF) recently convened with Tourism Minister Sermsak Pongpanit to discuss the initiative. The meeting also included … …

The story Pattaya rebranding as family-friendly destination to boost tourism as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Can please someone tell me that this is not a joke of the century....

• Like 3

When I was last there 15 years ago, there were rats as big as cats feeding on food leftovers along Beach Road.

BR

Need to do a lot of house-cleaning to make it suitable for families.

Russian Families regard Pattaya as Family Friendly you should see the delight on the Russian Kids faces when they're parents wheel them up and down Soi 6 and they get approached by the girls in their novelty costumes it like a poor man's Disneyland .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Everything south of Jomtien is family-friendly, Pattaya is a multi-faceted city.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SnapDragon said:

When I was last there 15 years ago, there were rats as big as cats feeding on food leftovers along Beach Road.

BR

When I was working in Baghdad (Iraq) they too had large rats. 

You'd see the cats at the communal rubbish collection area, until the rats turned up.  It was the cats that scarpered sharpish.  

I also remember feeding rats at the patio in Sembawang, Singapore back in the 80s.  Waiting for your food order over a few beers and a steak banjo (Bread roll).  Might have seemed a bit dodgy but no one ever got food poisoning in the 2 years I was there. 

In regards to Pattaya, I'm sure there are some family orientated places somewhere.  Not that I've looked.  The few times I've been there it's been pretty much full on adult entertainment! 

Edited by NonThaiKiwi
  • Like 1

And todays headlines

"Five teens arrested after violent Pattaya Beach birthday clash"

I guess the 'rebranding' hasn't started yet🤣

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, NonThaiKiwi said:

When I was working in Baghdad (Iraq) they too had large rats. 

You'd see the cats at the communal rubbish collection area, until the rats turned up.  It was the cats that scarpered sharpish.  

I also remember feeding rats at the patio in Sembawang, Singapore back in the 80s.  Waiting for your food order over a few beers and a steak banjo (Bread roll).  Might have seemed a bit dodgy but no one ever got food poisoning in the 2 years I was there. 

In regards to Pattaya, I'm sure there are some family orientated places somewhere.  Not that I've looked.  The few times I've been there it's been pretty much full on adult entertainment! 

I seen a massive Rat running around an LK Metro Agogo (which I won't name) a couple off months ago it was  hilarious watching  the screaming and laughter of the pissed up Agogo Dancer's and the service staff trying to direct it out the front door with brushes and mops.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, SnapDragon said:

BR

I live in what many cosider one of the best cities in the world

Family tourists walking down every street

I walk to work at 5:30am and see so many rats every morning 

Rats aren't an indication of anything 

But Pattaya is a dump with or without rats 555

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Head south of Pattaya starting from Jomtien and there are very nice, quiet and beautiful seaside places, Najomtien, Bangsaray, Sattahip… Lots of schools and hospital choices for different budgets, waterparks and activities, an easy drive to Bangkok and Rayong… I would argue that on lots of metrics, the Pattaya area is quite family-friendly.

I am, of course, not talking about Pattaya city center.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Indeed!

BR

But we don't want rats jumping up and snatching food out of kiddie's hands do we?

BR

Pattaya needs a big clean up if families are to feel safe and secure.

• Like 1