News Forum - Olympics sabotage: French trains targeted in coordinated attack

Thaiger

Hours before the much-anticipated opening ceremony of the Paris Olympics, French rail company SNCF revealed that its high-speed network has been deliberately targeted by malicious acts intended to cripple the system. Several high-speed TGV lines to the west, north, and east of Paris have been hit, leading to significant queues at Montparnasse station, which serves … …

The story Olympics sabotage: French trains targeted in coordinated attack as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

3 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Why would they do this? And who are they? 

The Radical Left/Islamic Alliance 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 23RD said:

The Radical Left/Islamic Alliance 

Your Islamophobia is well documented here - but what scares you so much about anything more liberal than fascism? It could be either of those groups - or it could just as easily be the extreme right - but nobody has stepped forward to claim responsibility yet. 

27 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

Your Islamophobia is well documented here - but what scares you so much about anything more liberal than fascism? It could be either of those groups - or it could just as easily be the extreme right - but nobody has stepped forward to claim responsibility yet. 

I'm not Islamophobic Grumpish Bud I just detest 85% of Muslims 71% of Jews 99% of Liberals and being a  Swansea Boy 100% of Cardiff folk.

As to who's responsible for these Terrorist attacks on French Railway lines it doesn't take the brains of an Archbishop to figure it out. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 23RD said:

I'm not Islamophobic Grumpish Bud I just detest 85% of Muslims 71% of Jews 99% of Liberals and being a  Swansea Boy 100% of Cardiff folk.

As to who's responsible for these Terrorist attacks on French Railway lines it doesn't take the brains of an Archbishop to figure it out. 

Being Welsh, there's obviously no need to ask if you're a rugby union fan BUT did you watch the England game in a New Plaza bar pre-epidemic? I think we met.

7 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Being Welsh, there's obviously no need to ask if you're a rugby union fan BUT did you watch the England game in a New Plaza bar pre-epidemic? I think we met.

No Poolie  Bud I  normally watch the Wales games in The Metro or The irovers in LK Metro definitely never seen a game of Rugby in New Plaza in my time here.

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

No Poolie  Bud I  normally watch the Wales games in The Metro or The irovers in LK Metro definitely never seen a game of Rugby in New Plaza in my time here.

OK mate, wrong taffy! 😉

17 minutes ago, Poolie said:

OK mate, wrong taffy! 😉

Yes Bud there's always a few of us out during the Six Nations. 

On 7/27/2024 at 12:56 AM, Fanta said:

Why would they do this? And who are they? 

Good question. Doubtful it is "Islamic" since Iran, Pakistan and Bangladesh all have contingents attending.

Most likely income equity activists protesting  the financial waste of the event. Doubtful it is radical environmentalists protesting the carbon footprint since train travel is favoured by environmentalists and the games have brought environmental cleanup to Paris (e.g. Euro 1 billion cleanup of Seine River).  Oddest thing is that no one has claimed responsibility. Due to the multiple attacks and the co-ordination there was a sophistication, so it can't be  random.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

On 7/27/2024 at 4:39 PM, 23RD said:

Great movie from Wales:

image.png.df14c9ca3a9caf997d0539487bc2ccb3.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NonThaiKiwi said:

Great movie from Wales:

image.png.df14c9ca3a9caf997d0539487bc2ccb3.png

Love that film reminds me off my youth back in Swansea in the 80's before I joined The Army it's hilarious. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2024 at 7:17 PM, 23RD said:

Yes Bud there's always a few of us out during the Six Nations. 

You have reminded me of a very 'sad' event in my life.  My Father was Welsh - born on the West coast. The Mother was English and I was born in England.  We all moved to Australia when I was 6.  The Parents went for a visit to England and Wales, and Dad bought me a woolen jumper at Cardiff Arms Park - the old one - and it had the old logo on it. I loved that jumper - both for style and looks, and also because it was very warm in winter. Then one day my first wife decided to wash it - in hot water - it became about 3 sizes too small. To say I was unhappy was an understatement. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Vigo said:

Doubtful it is radical environmentalists protesting the carbon footprint since train travel is favoured by environmentalists

You write as though you consider environmentalists to be rational actors, when in reality they will glue themselves to almost anything for the weirdest of reasons.

Look at those two Just Stop Oil girls who threw soup over Van Gogh's Sunflowers painting and were convicted last week. I know it's an oil painting, but I think its environmental impact is likely to be rather small in the scheme of things compared to, say, a container ship.

I don't think they really thought this one through, a common fault with these groups.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ikariotiko said:

You write as though you consider environmentalists to be rational actors, when in reality they will glue themselves to almost anything for the weirdest of reasons.

Look at those two Just Stop Oil girls who threw soup over Van Gogh's Sunflowers painting and were convicted last week. I know it's an oil painting, but I think its environmental impact is likely to be rather small in the scheme of things compared to, say, a container ship.

I don't think they really thought this one through, a common fault with these groups.

It makes no sense to damage a transportation method that they would support.  And when they do sabotage, they are quick to take ownership of the event as it gives them publicity. To date all of the environmental protest vandalism has been low tech. These attacks were sophisticated and  caused tens of millions of Euros in damage.  Perhaps extortionists looking for a quick payoff.

1 hour ago, Vigo said:

It makes no sense to damage a transportation method that they would support.  And when they do sabotage, they are quick to take ownership of the event as it gives them publicity.

Environmentalists rarely do make sense.

I agree 100% with your second point, though. They certainly do love the publicity, more for themselves than the 'cause' they are promoting, most of the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ikariotiko said:

Environmentalists rarely do make sense.

I agree 100% with your second point, though. They certainly do love the publicity, more for themselves than the 'cause' they are promoting, most of the time.

I’m always disappointed that no-one smacks them in the mouth when they are splashing paintings or blocking roads etc. They want it, they need it, they just don’t realise it yet. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Fanta said:

I’m always disappointed that no-one smacks them in the mouth when they are splashing paintings or blocking roads etc. They want it, they need it, they just don’t realise it yet. 

Their main motivation is to be seen as noble warriors for The Cause, being punished for bravely standing up against an evil system.

This is rather absurd given that climate change, in particular, is an absolutely mainstream government position, so in reality they are standing up for the system and against ordinary citizens ....

Their narcissism is usually too extreme to enable them to comprehend that.

• Like 1