News Forum - Thai beauty queen sparks online drama over airline seat

Thaiger

A misunderstanding involving Thai beauty queen Nampech Teeyapa and renowned YouTuber Spin9 has sparked significant online drama. Nampech criticised an airline for providing a lower-grade seat than she expected despite paying nearly 400,000 baht, which she believed would secure her a Qsuite seat. However, her ticket was for a standard business class seat on a … …

The story Thai beauty queen sparks online drama over airline seat as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Another entitled tosser mouthing off before checking her facts or engaging brain.

• Like 3

Can  it be just click bait?

Not unusual, that people try to generate clocks on their , eh, blogs or what ever that is, by creating "controverse" contend. 

Just "saying"

400k is double what a regular business class seat would cost

And I do have a bit of Business Class gripe

I wish I could know the age of the airplane

I've booked business class and the plane was so old it wasn't worth it

My last flight back to Vancouver in May I was on Japan Airlines 

Thankfully I didn't book Biz because the plane was ancient and the Biz class looked horrible 

She has a valid point.  Qatar does sell BKK-DOH flight 837 as having as offering Q Suites. The Qatar website shows;

If you will fly in Business Class, see when you can enjoy Q suite during your trip

BKK - DOH 7 hr in Business - Qsuite       DOH - BRU 6 hr in Business

Q Suite flights are priced higher than regular business class seats. The seat maps shows a basic business class seat and 2X2X2 configuration rather than the individual 1X2X1 configuration.  If the airline sold a Q Suite product  but only provided its basic regional business class seat, then she paid for a product that was not provided. Qatar got called out for an inappropriate selling practice.

4 hours ago, Vigo said:

She has a valid point.  Qatar does sell BKK-DOH flight 837 as having as offering Q Suites. The Qatar website shows;

If you will fly in Business Class, see when you can enjoy Q suite during your trip

BKK - DOH 7 hr in Business - Qsuite       DOH - BRU 6 hr in Business

Q Suite flights are priced higher than regular business class seats. The seat maps shows a basic business class seat and 2X2X2 configuration rather than the individual 1X2X1 configuration.  If the airline sold a Q Suite product  but only provided its basic regional business class seat, then she paid for a product that was not provided. Qatar got called out for an inappropriate selling practice.

I have not travelled on Qatar for a while, but remember that the Qsuite availability did vary quite a lot even on the same route. 400,000 baht seems pretty pricey, as well, more than a first class fare. 

14 hours ago, Grumpish said:

I have not travelled on Qatar for a while, but remember that the Qsuite availability did vary quite a lot even on the same route. 400,000 baht seems pretty pricey, as well, more than a first class fare. 

That is expensive. During the peak season,  I can book business classes from IAD to BKK for less than 400,000 baht on United or half the price on Singapore Air.