The Olympics' Leaves Me Cold = No Interest In It At All

Pinetree

Some background here;

https://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/articles/cye0ex43k63o

what leapt of the page for me here is that the athlete in question has a record of 50 fights and 9 loses. Even more compelling is that in the 41 victories only 6 were by knock out. Hardly the results you would expect from a bloke fighting women. I’m no boxer, but I could do better than that.

On 8/2/2024 at 10:02 AM, Marc26 said:

But we don't have "100's"

We literally have 2

And I compare it to something as simple as weight classes

A 100kg fighter can't fight a 70kg fighter 

Someone with the wrong heightened chromosome can't fight a women

But it isn't the same as "woke" trans playing in women's sports

This person is a female, people been falsely calling them a male......

I still don't think they should be allowed to fight, unfortunately for them....

Many years ago I recall someone once suggesting that they implement a standardised 'test' in order to validate that a person can compete as a female. They were attacked as sexist and homophobic etc etc and the issue died on the vine.  Clearly it is the only answer. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Khunmark said:

Secondly, gender is not binary as some would have you believe.

Gender is indeed binary, intersex is a mutation from the normal two genders. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

Many years ago I recall someone once suggesting that they implement a standardised 'test' in order to validate that a person can compete as a female. They were attacked as sexist and homophobic etc etc and the issue died on the vine.  Clearly it is the only answer. 

That's why you can't believe anything that a Leftie says or take them seriously anyone who believes a bloke in a frock is a real woman needs to be locked up and the key thrown away. 

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

Of course, society does not allow the correct words  to be used for many conditions, situations and processes, just in case it upsets someone, or gets misused. We would rather, lazily, brand someone as racist, homophobic, Islamophobic, misogynistic, far right, far left, and any other words, instead of recognizing and debating, unfettered, an underlying fact or truth.  The UK is suffering just this kind of mangling of the English language as I write this, as politicians and the mainstream media twist themselves into knots trying not to say what is self evident.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 23RD said:

That's why you can't believe anything that a Leftie says or take them seriously anyone who believes a bloke in a frock is a real woman needs to be locked up and the key thrown away. 

On a broader note, it is exactly why we discriminated against them in the past - for thousands of years. It is why Thais in general dislike the Chinese and the Blacks and the Arabs - they intuitively know that although many are OK, they are much more likely to be a problem.  Allowing people who are 'fringe dwellers' into senior roles in organisations like IOC or of a company, will inevitably lead to problems - they always try to change things to make them more 'suitable' for people like themselves. The woke liberals are worse - they are virtue signalers doing things to benefit the fringe dwellers, and therefore punish the majority, purely for their own misguided self interest. 

• Like 2