News Forum - Homeless Thai couple caught having sex in temple in Isaan (video)

Thaiger

A Thai monk caught a homeless couple having sex in a temple in the Isaan province of Surin and called the police to the scene to stop them from continuing the dirty deed. Officers from Mueang Surin Police Station were called to the temple in the middle of the night after the monk found the … …

The story Homeless Thai couple caught having sex in temple in Isaan (video) as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"A Thai monk caught a homeless couple having sex in a temple in the Isaan province of Surin and called the police to the scene to stop them from continuing the dirty deed."

Whilst I appreciate a temple is not the ideal place for sex I guess as a homeless couple their options are somewhat limited and it seems they were at least hidden away, not sure how having sex which is a perfectly normal thing for couples to do is a 'dirty deed' except maybe in the mind of very narrow minded. Maybe just telling them to leave rather than calling the police would have been the more charitable thing to do. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ChrisS said:

"A Thai monk caught a homeless couple having sex in a temple in the Isaan province of Surin and called the police to the scene to stop them from continuing the dirty deed."

Whilst I appreciate a temple is not the ideal place for sex I guess as a homeless couple their options are somewhat limited and it seems they were at least hidden away, not sure how having sex which is a perfectly normal thing for couples to do is a 'dirty deed' except maybe in the mind of very narrow minded. Maybe just telling them to leave rather than calling the police would have been the more charitable thing to do. 

Totally agree.  It wasn't in public, so leave them be.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

Totally agree.  It wasn't in public, so leave them be.  

But to a Buddhist monk, this is highly inappropriate behaviour and disrespectful. And this is not something that normal Thais (even homeless) would ever do, so calling the authorities was the right call IMO as these people were either very intoxicated or they could be suffering from some kind of psychiatric problem.

2 hours ago, ChrisS said:

It says in the article that the monks felt sorry for them and didn't press charges. Seems fair to me that they should call the authorities (you never know who you're dealing with) and regardless of our beliefs, we should acknowledge and respect that to a monk, fornication in a temple is highly inappropriate.

11 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

But to a Buddhist monk, this is highly inappropriate behaviour and disrespectful. And this is not something that normal Thais (even homeless) would ever do, so calling the authorities was the right call IMO as these people were either very intoxicated or they could be suffering from some kind of psychiatric problem.

As a good number of monks are there to avoid going to Jail, or are caught out doing unmonk stuff, they are in no position to  claim any kind of moral superiority about anything 

• Like 1

It wasn't the apple, and the snake, that started the problems. It was the pear on the grass. Or in the temple.

Very sad!

12 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

we should acknowledge and respect that to a monk, fornication in a temple is highly inappropriate.

Unless they are doing it

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pinetree said:

As a good number of monks are there to avoid going to Jail, or are caught out doing unmonk stuff, they are in no position to  claim any kind of moral superiority about anything 

I don't think they are very representative (though I would be interested in knowing the stats, if any). It's just that, unfortunately, monks gone bad get covered by the media.

56 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

I don't think they are very representative (though I would be interested in knowing the stats, if any). It's just that, unfortunately, monks gone bad get covered by the media.

In the West, its sometimes Jail, or the Army.  In Thailand, its jail, or the Monkhood. Like you, I have no stats to back this up, but there seems to be a lot of anecdotal evidence to support this contention. 

• Like 1

How were they caught?  Was the monk watching re runs on cctv?   Wouldn't surprise me! 

But yes,  time and place.