All You Cooks Out There - What are you Preparing Today?

Pinetree

I enjoy cooking, one of my all time favorite leisure activities.  Today's  attempt at excellence is a Indian style, seafood Curry. Prawns, salmon, squid, scallops, in a Korma type source. I add peas, baby carrots and half cream to give it a little more 'depth' of flavor, served with rice or pasta. Total cost of ingredient's was 1,200 Baht, but it will serve 4, or last 4/5 days for one. My mouth is watering already. 😆

• Like 1

Sounds impressive I’d say. I used to cook years ago, but my missus learned all the dishes I cooked, made them better and now I’m no longer a welcome presence in the kitchen…

• Haha 2

The dish needed some pepping up, so a squeeze of lemon, some Green Curry Paste and a sprinkle of Turmeric did the trick.  Wife said that it was 'okay' which means not to her taste.  But what does she know, she doesn't even like fish and chips, with mushy peas. You can't trust the judgment of anyone who doesn't like traditional English slop. 

Wasn't today and not a great picture 

But I think I got a good compliment from my stepson on my shrimp tacos I made last week

The next day he asked me how much you think he could sell that taco in Thailand for 555

I guess he thought they were good enough that Thai people in Thailand would like them!

1721920686209.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pinetree said:

I enjoy cooking, one of my all time favorite leisure activities.  Today's  attempt at excellence is a Indian style, seafood Curry. Prawns, salmon, squid, scallops, in a Korma type source. I add peas, baby carrots and half cream to give it a little more 'depth' of flavor, served with rice or pasta. Total cost of ingredient's was 1,200 Baht, but it will serve 4, or last 4/5 days for one. My mouth is watering already. 😆

I'm not a fan of seafood in curry but it sounds great 

I already cook quite a bit but once retired and the months we spend in the village I will have plenty of time to get a bit more adventurous!