News Forum - Father takes daughter hostage in Bangkok, police officer killed

Thaiger

A father wielding four firearms took his daughter hostage, leading to a dramatic rescue of four family members and a tragic police shooting. The incident occurred yesterday, July 20, at 11.30pm in the D.K. Village, Soi 2, Phraya Monthon Road, Bang Bon District, Bangkok. Police Lieutenant Colonel Thanyathon Rasamee of Tha Kham Police Station received … …

The story Father takes daughter hostage in Bangkok, police officer killed as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"In the ensuing confrontation, Lieutenant Colonel Kitchon Janyarom and Police Sergeant Major Chaiwat Atsophonwatana attempted to intervene but were met with gunfire. Kitchon was critically injured and succumbed to his wounds at Mali Multispecialty Hospital. Chaiwat sustained injuries from shrapnel."

Whilst in general I do not have a lot of respect for the Royal Thai Police my sympathy goes out to the family of this dead officer. R.I.P. Lieutenant Colonel Kitchon Janyarom and I wish a speedy recovery to Police Sergeant Major Chaiwat Atsophonwatana.