News Forum - Ubon Ratchathani melts hearts with divine candle creation to win ice sculpting world title

Thaiger

Ubon Ratchathani province clinched the world ice sculpting championship title, showcasing its skill by carving a candle into the figure of Phra Mae Thorani squeezing her hair. This reflects a Buddhist narrative, blending the identity of the ancient cave paintings of Pha Taem with symbols of prosperity and success. The masterpiece will be displayed at … …

The story Ubon Ratchathani melts hearts with divine candle creation to win ice sculpting world title as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Confused 1

Only the Thais can win ice  sculpture contest with a wax sculpture.

I only even clicked here because I think  ice carving contest  in summer is a great idea 

Maybe in a skating rink.

They are always at Snow festivals in winter

• Like 1

Total khrapp.  This event in Harbin is massive, but is only 1 of several big similar events worldwide, and Thailand won nothing more than a 'participation trophy' in a non-important category - world championship title my rear end.  

Xinjiang team shines at international snow sculpture competition - Global Times

"The four-day competition, held at the picturesque Sun Island scenic area in Harbin, Northeast China's Heilongjiang Province, concluded on Tuesday, bringing together 29 teams from 12 countries, including Russia, Canada, Spain, South Korea, India and Mongolia.

More than 100 snow sculpture artists showcased their talents during the world's largest snow sculpture event. China sent five teams to participate, representing Harbin, Yingkou, Changchun, Altay and ­Shijiazhuang.

The first prize went to a team from South Korea, whose artwork titled Intersection of Love and Technology, depicted the judges and spectators. "