News Forum - Thailand ranks 32nd globally for Muslim travel

Thaiger

Thailand secured the 32nd spot globally among popular destinations for Muslim travellers, as revealed in the Mastercard-Crescent Rating Global Muslim Travel Index (GMTI) 2024. The Thai Prime Minister’s Office, through its spokesperson Chai Watcharong, highlighted this achievement, noting that Thailand also ranks 5th among non-Muslim countries (Non-OIC) in the same index. Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin … …

The story Thailand ranks 32nd globally for Muslim travel as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Achievement??  They are Muslim people crossing the Malaysian border for effs sake. The only genuine Muslim tourists to Thailand are those visiting Phuket - where all the Mosques are located. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

The only genuine Muslim tourists to Thailand are those visiting Phuket - where all the Mosques are located. 

And let's not forget the many arriving at BKK from the Middle East, in their proud National Dress, getting changed into T shirts and jeans in the airport toilets, and heading off to Walking Street and Soi 6 bars in Pattaya, to drink and sxxg their way through their holidays, and in their hundreds.  I just love  religious hypocrites.  I just wish they wouldnt then return home and start to criticize, mouthing off, about western decadence. Let's at least  have a bit of honesty in this debate. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

And let's not forget the many arriving at BKK from the Middle East, in their proud National Dress, getting changed into T shirts and jeans in the airport toilets, and heading off to Walking Street and Soi 6 bars in Pattaya, to drink and sxxg their way through their holidays, and in their hundreds.  I just love  religious hypocrites.  I just wish they wouldnt then return home and start to criticize, mouthing off, about western decadence. Let's at least  have a bit of honesty in this debate. 

You'll see many occasions in Pattaya where the Muslim Man is walking in T-shirt, shorts and a baseball cap the wife is 10 yards behind in full Burka managing the kids and shopping bags. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, 23RD said:

You'll see many occasions in Pattaya where the Muslim Man is walking in T-shirt, shorts and a baseball cap the wife is 10 yards behind in full Burka managing the kids and shopping bags. 

and your point is?   🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

and your point is?   🤣🤣🤣

Act like Roman when in Rome

8 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Achievement??  They are Muslim people crossing the Malaysian border for effs sake. The only genuine Muslim tourists to Thailand are those visiting Phuket - where all the Mosques are located. 

Plenty of non-Malaysian Muslims in BKK

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pinetree said:

And let's not forget the many arriving at BKK from the Middle East, in their proud National Dress, getting changed into T shirts and jeans in the airport toilets, and heading off to Walking Street and Soi 6 bars in Pattaya, to drink and sxxg their way through their holidays, and in their hundreds.  I just love  religious hypocrites.  I just wish they wouldn't then return home and start to criticize, mouthing off, about western decadence. Let's at least  have a bit of honesty in this debate. 

Yep they do the same in London. Back home it is 'kill people for drinking and shagging' hit London and it is get drunk and sh*g for a month! Bloody hypocrites.

• Like 4

Isn't being the biggest hypocrite version of yourself the whole point of religion? Or are all the hard-line Christians voting for Trump getting it wrong?

Asking for a friend

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Wackamole said:

Isn't being the biggest hypocrite version of yourself the whole point of religion? Or are all the hard-line Christians voting for Trump getting it wrong?

Asking for a friend

Religion, in all of its forms, is mind and societal control for the deluded, the scared, the simple minded, the gullible, the people who are cognitively challenged. I would attest that religion of any colour or creed, is the most dangerous evil faced by humanity.    

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Religion, in all of its forms, is mind and societal control for the deluded, the scared, the simple minded, the gullible, the people who are cognitively challenged. I would attest that religion of any colour or creed, is the most dangerous evil faced by humanity.    

I would say that is false. Communism/Fascism has been the cause of more deaths in the last 100 years than anything else.  Certainly before 1900 Religions caused a lot of deaths, but since then - not so much. But I guess that to many people it is a 'religion', because it seems to me that most left-wing or right-wing nutters become like members of a religious cult - and they believe everything they are told as if it was 'religious text'. 

I read a book many years ago that surmised that humans were attracted to being in a 'religion' or any other form of tightly controlled group-think, because humans instinctively believe that there is something else 'above them' due their inherent knowledge that they will one day die. 

• Like 2

On 7/9/2024 at 12:46 PM, Pinetree said:

You’re only a hypocrite if you subscribe to the practices of your country origin. Not everyone is in lockstep with the laws it’s government administers.

Back on topic...

This "achievement" isn't much to crow about.

The Thai Prime Minister’s Office, through its spokesperson Chai Watcharong, highlighted this achievement, noting that Thailand also ranks 5th among non-Muslim countries (Non-OIC) in the same index.

Even so, it's really much ado about nothing.

4 hours ago, AussieBob said:

because humans instinctively believe that there is something else 'above them' due their inherent knowledge that they will one day die. 

Only the deluded ones.  There is absolutely zero evidence for any existence after life. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AussieBob said:

I would say that is false. Communism/Fascism has been the cause of more deaths in the last 100 years than anything else.  Certainly before 1900 Religions caused a lot of deaths, but since then - not so much. But I guess that to many people it is a 'religion', because it seems to me that most left-wing or right-wing nutters become like members of a religious cult - and they believe everything they are told as if it was 'religious text'. 

I read a book many years ago that surmised that humans were attracted to being in a 'religion' or any other form of tightly controlled group-think, because humans instinctively believe that there is something else 'above them' due their inherent knowledge that they will one day die. 

I'd call raping kids a dangerous activity and so many religions are guilty of doing so

• Like 2

On 7/9/2024 at 9:53 AM, Marc26 said:

Plenty of non-Malaysian Muslims in BKK

Refugees from the intolerance.

5 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I'd call raping kids a dangerous activity and so many religions are guilty of doing so

No other established religion has clerics who justify it though.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Vigo said:

No other established religion has clerics who justify it though.

Uhhh....pretty much every religion justifies it and certainly covers it up when it does happen 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Uhhh....pretty much every religion justifies it and certainly covers it up when it does happen 

Not in the current era. Are you able to provide any examples of sanctioned justification? Despite all the  criminal activities involving various Christian faiths, the abuse has never been justified. There are muslim clerics to this day who teach that sexual relations with a child is permissible. No western religious group other than certified cults or deranged sects has attempted to justify such activity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vigo said:

Not in the current era. Are you able to provide any examples of sanctioned justification? Despite all the  criminal activities involving various Christian faiths, the abuse has never been justified. There are muslim clerics to this day who teach that sexual relations with a child is permissible. No western religious group other than certified cults or deranged sects has attempted to justify such activity.

You say it was "never justified" but it was known and covered up to the highest levels,  I would call that justifying it.....although I understand your point 

But there are even Republican Christian politicians that argue for child marriage and younger consent ages

And of course, he's Christian 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/mike-moon-gop-missouri-lawmaker-defends-childs-right-to-marry-2023-4%3famp

And when large amounts of Christians condone child sex abuse, I'd call that justication as well 

2 hours ago, Vigo said:

No western religious group other than certified cults or deranged sects has attempted to justify such activity.

A Catholic Archbishop has been excommunicated just last month for stating that The Pope and his Church has done exactly that. Who would you believe? 

18 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Only the deluded ones.  There is absolutely zero evidence for any existence after life. 

Religious - God created everything and everything came from God.

Atheists - The Universe spontaneously came into existence from nothing (Big Bang).

R - God did that.

A - Prove it.

R - Nothing can start from nothing.

A - Proves nothing.

R - Proves it started it from nothing.

A - Nothing proved.

Agnostic (Me) - Draw. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Illogical rubbish. Far more non-religious people have raped children than those Priests.  Teachers and Coaches just for a start. 

So much for trying to bring this discussion back to the topic of the article.

Geez, you people try a soul, sometimes.

7 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Illogical rubbish. Far more non-religious people have raped children than those Priests.  Teachers and Coaches just for a start. 

So I guess the 100's of thousands raped by the Catholic Church and covered up don't count then!

• Like 1