News Forum - Buriram locals spooked as possessed medium pigs out on raw pork

Thaiger

Villagers in Buriram held a traditional ceremony at an over 100 year old shrine, offering various foods to honour ancestral spirits. During the event, an 80 year old medium, believed to be possessed, startled attendees by eating raw pork. A video posted by a Facebook user named Khun Chai Khun Chai Nimsuwan captured the unusual … …

The story Buriram locals spooked as possessed medium pigs out on raw pork as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Naive foolish village mentality - clearly mentally damaged and should be committed for medical treatment. 

A few years ago I ate at a restaurant in Phuket Town and was told the owner is a medium who can reveal his demon at any time on demand, and the demon is a trickster who likes to scare people. Intrigued, I asked if he'd do it now since we're captivated by the story. The man rolled his eyes back in his head, made a goofy smile, gestured something goofy with his hands, then shook his head after maybe 4 or 5 seconds and closed his eyes to show us he had suppressed the demon.

A bunch of nearby Thais all applauded and cheered loudly. I gather they truly believed this man's goofy act was actually real, and if not they were at least encouraging him to continue.