News Forum - British couple outraged over price of Heinz Beanz in Thailand (video)

Thaiger

A British couple holidaying in Thailand discovered that home comforts come at a shocking price abroad. Mark and Nadine, originally from the UK and Ireland but residing in Australia, embarked on their tropical getaway only to be floored by the cost of a simple can of Heinz Baked Beanz. While perusing a local supermarket, the … …

The story British couple outraged over price of Heinz Beanz in Thailand (video) as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 2

Did anyone force them to buy? What is the big fuss about it? When you travel and if you still need your local stuff, then better carry along with you while travelling. If not, just enjoy the local food. But still feel that you need your home food, then pay for it. Simple as that. Nothing is free in this world mate. 

Not that Makro is the best for "foreign" products, and I'm not sure where this one is, but I think the pricing is a mistake, as Makro online shows a grand total of 119 baht for a 4-pack of cans, 415g each.

What an absolutely bizarre thing to be outraged about.  Canned beans?

I've seen canned beans at Big C for 60B or so.  Although they're swimming in some awful tomato sauce but that can be discarded, making them edible.