Non-o spouse visa process

micpul97

Hi guys,

I was just wondering what is the  process to getting my spouse visa. I just got marriage to my Thai husband and am now looking into the visa process. 

What do I need to do, I find that all the information I find is for a foreigner marrying a Thai woman, I heard it is different for a foreigner marrying a Thai man.

I heard you have to leave and go to an embassy in a neighboring country, but I am also currently 6 months pregnant so I would really like to avoid having to do this, is there an option to stay in Thailand and just pay more money?

Any advice is good advice!

One - and an important - difference between a man marrying a Thai woman and applying for a Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage, and a woman marrying a Thai national and applying for same, is that in the latter case there is NO need for any funds on a personal Thai bank-account to meet the Immigration requirements when applying for the initial Visa and its subsequent 1-year extensions.

So that saves you parking +400.000,- THB on a personal Thai bank-account in the 2 or 3 months preceding your application for subsequent 1-year extensions.  And if you do not have a Thai bank-account yet, it also saves you the hassle of having to open one in order to meet the Immigration requirements.

I stand to be corrected but believe that the above is the ONLY difference between male/female application for a Non Imm O Visa or its extension based on marriage to a Thai national.

50 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

One - and an important - difference between a man marrying a Thai woman and applying for a Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage, and a woman marrying a Thai national and applying for same, is that in the latter case there is NO need for any funds on a personal Thai bank-account to meet the Immigration requirements when applying for the initial Visa and its subsequent 1-year extensions.

So that saves you parking +400.000,- THB on a personal Thai bank-account in the 2 or 3 months preceding your application for subsequent 1-year extensions.  And if you do not have a Thai bank-account yet, it also saves you the hassle of having to open one in order to meet the Immigration requirements.

I stand to be corrected but believe that the above is the ONLY difference between male/female application for a Non Imm O Visa or its extension based on marriage to a Thai national.

@micpul97  You can also apply for citizenship after 3 years.  1 year if you have a kid together. 

Sucks for those of us married to Thai women as that perk is not offered to us as we are considered to be "national security risks" to Thailand.  I've been married for 16 years to a Thai women and every year I need to prove I'm not faking the marriage and have money in the bank - otherwise we get kicked out of the country as the Thai government doesn't give a damn for our wives - or us for that matter.  They treat foreign men married to Thai women like garbage.

But I don't resent you foreign gals who marry a Thai guy.  You are offered citizenship, take advantage of it when you can.  Then you get free health care, you can work any job you want in Thailand, and you're here to stay - unlike us guys who are quite literally labeled "Temporary guests visiting our wives" on an a year-to-year provisional basis.

You'll have no issues at Immigration like the hell they put us men though.  Heck, they want pictures of my wife and I in bed - it's pretty disturbing is a sick sort of way.  It's quite demeaning. I guess it's meant to be. 
You should have no problems.

• Like 1

You don't state where you are based, and your nationality would be helpful.

If you're already in Thailand, then how are you managing to stay here, with or without a visa and which type.

4 hours ago, Captain_Yossarian said:

You can also apply for citizenship after 3 years.  1 year if you have a kid together. 

Link!

Then you get free health care,

False. Even Thais don't get 'free' healthcare.

you can work any job you want in Thailand,

With a work permit.

You'll have no issues at Immigration like the hell they put us men though. 

What 'hell' is that?

Heck, they want pictures of my wife and I in bed

Absolute BS!