Julian Assange is Free

rattlesnake

Good that he is out of the monkey. Pity he had to plead guilty to anything. But at least he is out.

The Oz, and UK governments should hang their heads in shame. International bullying at its worst.

As for the Americans. Look what happened to Bobby Fischer and Paul Robeson. Evil country.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, SnapDragon said:

Good that he is out of the monkey. Pity he had to plead guilty to anything. But at least he is out.

The Oz, and UK governments should hang their heads in shame. International bullying at its worst.

As for the Americans. Look what happened to Bobby Fischer and Paul Robeson. Evil country.

You know the system is totally screwed up when you go to prison for reporting crimes and the criminals in question remain free.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

You know the system is totally screwed up when you go to prison for reporting crimes and the criminals in question remain free.

And most of what they leaked happened on Obama/ Biden's watch.

Points to note Assange wasn't a hero he was a narcissist and he put lots of lives of rank and file folk at risk.

Yes it was good off him to expose Democrat malpractice but the head sheds were embarrassed assets on the ground were put in harms way.

Bradley Manning is a Gimp questions need to be asked in The US Military why someone so Junior in rank had access to such sensitive material similar to Air National Guardsmen Jack Teixeria leaks last year The US Military needs to review they're security clearance procedures. 

The biggest losers from Assange and Gimp Manning are everyday People because of the restrictions placed on various security agencies as a result of their leaks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

Points to note Assange wasn't a hero he was a narcissist and he put lots of lives of rank and file folk at risk.

Yes it was good off him to expose Democrat malpractice but the head sheds were embarrassed assets on the ground were put in harms way.

Bradley Manning is a Gimp questions need to be asked in The US Military why someone so Junior in rank had access to such sensitive material similar to Air National Guardsmen Jack Teixeria leaks last year The US Military needs to review they're security clearance procedures. 

The biggest losers from Assange and Gimp Manning are everyday People because of the restrictions placed on various security agencies as a result of their leaks.

assange put lives at risk. Yawning.

Did the American politicians who started these illegal wars of aggression in the mideast put lives at risk? What was gained?

Edited by Mamachigawa

1 hour ago, Mamachigawa said:

assange put lives at risk. Yawning.

Did the American politicians who started these illegal wars of aggression in the mideast put lives at risk? What was gained?

I wouldn't defend those Politician's either however the only thing those Politician's were at risk of was embarrassment unlike the rank and file Service Personnel that were left exposed due to Assange and The Gimp Bradley Manning. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SnapDragon said:

The Oz, and UK governments should hang their heads in shame. International bullying at its worst

Assange was guilty and, imo, served enough time. He deserved punishment for his encouragement of the gimp to betray its country. The gimp is the traitor, Assange is the persuasive profiteer. Edward Snowden… now there’s an argument to be had over treachery/whistle blowing. 

• Like 1

The UN rapporteur who handled the Assange case found that there was no evidence that lives were put in danger, due to his actions; which was the US government’s justification to prosecute. On the other hand the defence of Assange’s actions; he was only doing what journalists do every day of week, neglects to acknowledge that it was a document dump with no oversight as to what would end up in the public domain.

And there are circumstances when information needs to be withheld from the public. His actions were reckless, however in this instance there was a strong argument for the public’s right to know.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SnapDragon said:

The Albanese government has made the release of Assange a priority since gaining office.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 23RD said:

I am glad they finally made a deal to get this closed and release him. But I also agree that what he did was wrong - but they handled it very badly - and those he exposed that committed crimes are still 'free'. I think the word best used to describe this whole episode is FUBAR. 

2 hours ago, Khunmark said:

The Albanese government has made the release of Assange a priority since gaining office.

True enough.

Oz could have got him out of that embassy twelve years ago. If they had had the will. But they didn't. Too busy sniffing the US's backside.

7 hours ago, 23RD said:

The man is a trator and for me, should have been charged with treason and executed. 

46 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I am glad they finally made a deal to get this closed and release him. But I also agree that what he did was wrong - but they handled it very badly - and those he exposed that committed crimes are still 'free'. I think the word best used to describe this whole episode is FUBAR. 

I would rather have seen him executed as a terrorist and murderer, but there you go.  He lived a crap life for the last 14 years and I will have to be content with that. There may well be something coming his way down the line, many Military guys compromised by him have long memories.  If I was him, I would take the table in restaurant's in the far corner, with his back to the wall.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

The man is a trator and for me, should have been charged with treason and executed. 

I would rather have seen him executed as a terrorist and murderer, but there you go.  He lived a crap life for the last 14 years and I will have to be content with that. There may well be something coming his way down the line, many Military guys compromised by him have long memories.  If I was him, I would take the table in restaurant's in the far corner, with his back to the wall.  

I have seen no evidence to state that what he did directly resulted in any security or defence being in direct danger, but please correct me if that is the case. If that is true, then I agree about jail for life (not execution).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AussieBob said:

I have seen no evidence to state that what he did directly resulted in any security or defence being in direct danger, but please correct me if that is the case. If that is true, then I agree about jail for life (not execution).

The reason we haven't heard the full details is that making them public would, in itself, be a compromise of strategies and the brave people involved.  I know that is an unsatisfactory explanation, but I firmly believe that the general public does not have an absolute right to all information  and sometimes has to be kept in the dark on all kinds of 'black ops' that are carried out to keep us safe and free.  What we do know is that he was instrumental in the compromise of such operations, although when, how and which ones we may never know in detail for certain. People like him , Manning, and a few others are naive, gullible fools who believe in some kind of fairytale World,  where everything should be known by everyone , hence WikiLeaks.  It was never like that and some pretty dark stuff is done in the name of freedom and democracy.  Right or wrong in people's eyes, just look to repressive regimes to see the alternative. See where openness, criticism and 'free speech' gets you in North Korea, Iran, Russia, China etc. Secret things need to remain secret.  I for one am happy with that.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

I know that is an unsatisfactory explanation, but I firmly believe that the general public does not have an absolute right to all information  and sometimes has to be kept in the dark on all kinds of 'black ops' that are carried out to keep us safe and free

Because of these two Muppets Assange & Mannings leaks The Obama Administration put restrictions on Intelligence Agencies and coalition Troops on the ground in Iraq & Afghanistan had their ROE"s (Rules of Engagement) severly restricted which in turn hampered their ability to 1. Defend themselves 2.Conduct offensive operations. 

I'd like to see the Families of deceased and wounded Servicemen take a civil lawsuit against Assange but the do gooders and tree huggers would fight it all the way.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pinetree said:

The reason we haven't heard the full details is that making them public would, in itself, be a compromise of strategies and the brave people involved.  I know that is an unsatisfactory explanation, but I firmly believe that the general public does not have an absolute right to all information  and sometimes has to be kept in the dark on all kinds of 'black ops' that are carried out to keep us safe and free.  What we do know is that he was instrumental in the compromise of such operations, although when, how and which ones we may never know in detail for certain. People like him , Manning, and a few others are naive, gullible fools who believe in some kind of fairytale World,  where everything should be known by everyone , hence WikiLeaks.  It was never like that and some pretty dark stuff is done in the name of freedom and democracy.  Right or wrong in people's eyes, just look to repressive regimes to see the alternative. See where openness, criticism and 'free speech' gets you in North Korea, Iran, Russia, China etc. Secret things need to remain secret.  I for one am happy with that.

I hear you and understand - and I tend to agree. What I would say is that without giving away any details, the authorities should have been able to state the damage that was done by the leaks, rather than saying that 'leaks causes deaths'  Yes - it is a serious crime to release secret information, but surely it should not be a death sentence if the information leaked was of no real consequence to the safety or personnel or any operations.  That is the thing and the reason why most people are against sending all people who leak defence secrets 'to the chair'. There should be a 'degree' of damage factor - not the death sentence for leaking that the General's daughter screwed someone who was a foreign agent - but yes for leaking the name of an under-cover operative in Iran. How that can be ascertained, without giving away the details, is what this Assange situation has highlighted - there is no degree of guilt examination - it is guilty and death, or not guilty.

Assange exposed the globalist warmongering establishment and that is why he was persecuted, and why Hillary Clinton wanted to drone strike him.

photo_2024-06-28_11-01-03.thumb.jpg.dbe9c03d1b831c412b6d18115bb18826.jpg