News Forum - 88 year old Thai man killed after tree branch falls on his head

Thaiger

An 88 year old Thai man lost his life yesterday after a tree branch fell onto his head while he was sitting under it at a temple in the Mae On district of the northern province of Chiang Mai. Officers from Mae On Police Station were alerted to the death of the old man, Boonma … …

The story 88 year old Thai man killed after tree branch falls on his head as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

There are many such old trees especially around temple establishments. May be the temple management and community around should prune the tree and remove all the dead branches to avoid such incidences from happening as normally people will shelter under the shade of greens during hot sunny days. 

There was a similar incident at Jomtien beach a few years ago  an elderly foreigner was walking along the promenade when suddenly a tree branch fell on his head and sadly killed him..the local authorities quickly executed the tree  by cutting its head off !!!

How to insert images  not from a url ???

I cringe driving down the Chiang Mai - Lamphun highway (which I try to avoid) as all those old trees are not healthy, and they are huge.  I'm surprised that more people aren't killed around that stretch of road by falling branches.  Give it time.

Coconuts are apparently far more dangerous. I have been repeatedly warned by some of my Thai friends to not walk under coconut trees. 

14 hours ago, Vigo said:

Coconuts are apparently far more dangerous. I have been repeatedly warned by some of my Thai friends to not walk under coconut trees. 

You are correct there Vigo. Every year approximately 150 people meet their demise from a falling coconut.