News Forum - Police target tourist scammers in major Pattaya cleanup

Thaiger

To make Pattaya safer for tourists, the Tourist Police Bureau has joined forces with the embassies of five countries to combat tourist scams and dismantle 10 criminal gangs operating in the bustling resort city. Bureau Commissioner Police Lieutenant General Saksira Phuek-am led a crucial meeting on Thursday to establish robust safety measures for tourists in … …

The story Police target tourist scammers in major Pattaya cleanup as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

Bushwa!  Nothing but hot air.  How many times over the last decade have we heard about campaigns to make Pattaya "safer for tourists" and that some bigwig "patrolled" Walking Street?

There are (at least) ten know criminal gangs operating in the city?  WTF are the Boys in Brown doing?  They have a limited time campaign, this one for a total of 6 days, and then those brown envelopes will start moving around again.

The lack of self respect of the officials who pose this garbage, merely so that it gets press and pictures, without actually accomplishing anything stated, is just amazing.

• Like 2

" As part of this initiative, Pol. Lt. Gen. Saksira patrolled Walking Street, engaging with officers and instructing them to apprehend members of the 10 criminal groups known to be active in the area."

May one ask if these 10 criminal groups have known to be active in the area for so long why they haven't been dealt with by the police without a headline grabbing photo opportunity before now? No answer? Thought not, just another load of hot air a few photos to keep people quiet and then the police go back to business as usual (doing nothing).

• Like 2

Can the Pattaya Police also have a talk with the road construction mobs that have totally stuffed up Pattaya and its surrounds?  For years and years they start and rarely finish construction in time, and the work is shoddy and incompetently managed. I am sure the negativity experienced by traffic delays has had more of a negative impact on 'quality tourists'.  Just like I am sure the Sexpats dont give a rat's rear about delays getting to and from places.  We lived in Rayong for a while and I met a few Expats shopping in Sattahip Makro (coffee while wife takes trolley and shops), because getting to and from Sattahip was quicker and easier than the Pattaya Makro, even though it was half the distance. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Can the Pattaya Police also have a talk with the road construction mobs that have totally stuffed up Pattaya and its surrounds?  For years and years they start and rarely finish construction in time, and the work is shoddy and incompetently managed. I am sure the negativity experienced by traffic delays has had more of a negative impact on 'quality tourists'.  Just like I am sure the Sexpats dont give a rat's rear about delays getting to and from places.  We lived in Rayong for a while and I met a few Expats shopping in Sattahip Makro (coffee while wife takes trolley and shops), because getting to and from Sattahip was quicker and easier than the Pattaya Makro, even though it was half the distance. 

True the road to Sattahip is more straightforward. I would sometimes go to the Big C there as well.

• Like 1