Police and protesters clash at increasingly aggressive protests

Thaiger

Just now, Poolie said:

Catch covid?

You jest but unfortunately for most of Thailand I'm afraid that there is an element of certainty in that

5 hours ago, AussieBob said:

- leave the Monarchy alone you idiots.

Nothing changes until that is dealt with.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, gummy said:

You jest but unfortunately for most of Thailand I'm afraid that there is an element of certainty in that

This I know. I believe its known as 'the elephant in the room.'

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cmsally said:

. However the economy has been effectively crushed, so what are the options now for the youth of today?   

Zero, and a bunch of other people who would not be usually politically active but are on their ass economically with months of lockdown ahead will start getting very angry. And what have they got to lose? Zero.

• Like 3

I believe the international community should start putting serious pressure on the present military government to relinquish power. It is after all a military dictatorship where 250 out of the 750 seats in parliament are appointed directly by the military and any opposition that makes to much noise is immediately taken out. The government have given themselves special laws like article 44, which basically enables Prayut to bypass any oversight and enact dictatorial measures. And if as this was not enough, the lese majeste laws and corona rules are also used as an oppression tool against those that dare to protest. And then we have a number of comments here that dare to question the Thai's people rights to protest. also using the corona argument. Be assured, many more people are  killed by the measures this government has taken, the consequent destruction of livelihoods and suicides then by the virus.

https://www.nbc26.com/news/coronavirus/cdc-estimates-covid-19-fatality-rate-including-asymptomatic-cases 

updated survival rate covid.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Donald said:

I believe the international community should start putting serious pressure on the present military government to relinquish power. It is after all a military dictatorship where 250 out of the 750 seats in parliament are appointed directly by the military and any opposition that makes to much noise is immediately taken out. The government have given themselves special laws like article 44, which basically enables Prayut to bypass any oversight and enact dictatorial measures. And if as this was not enough, the lese majeste laws and corona rules are also used as an oppression tool against those that dare to protest. And then we have a number of comments here that dare to question the Thai's people rights to protest. also using the corona argument. Be assured, many more people are  killed by the measures this government has taken, the consequent destruction of livelihoods and suicides then by the virus.

Thats American. How does it count for anything in Thailand?

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

8 minutes ago, Donald said:

And how do you think they should do that ?  More to the point who could do it ? The British are no more than just a talking shop who most countries ignore these days. The EU is an irrelevance to most of the world and as for the US well they have lost all credibility. Leaves only 2, Russia and China. Russia is backing Thailand's next door neighbour Mynamar with arms and Thailand is simply China's  proxy so really I don't think it will happen.

I am not saying it shouldn't happen as you rightly suggest , but just highlighting that the world order has changed with toothless tigers left to chase the tales of the Russians or Chinese, the latter already having an influence here.

7 hours ago, AussieBob said:

I have said it before and I will keep saying it - they are being stupid and playing into the Junta's hands.  It is one thing to protest against an allegedly corrupt and proven incompetent Government, but to protest against the Monarchy and demand reform is a totally different thing and is stupid and is illegal.  Because it is illegal the Govt can take legal actions, and because it is in the middle of the pandemic when infections are at their highest also means the Govt can take actions. Stupid on those 2 points.  But to also protest against the Monarchy only divides the Thai community and forces most to choose sides - which the Junta wants - because then the issue is not about them. Stupid Stupid Stupid. 

Shut up and wait. Focus on the Govt being changed - leave the Monarchy alone you idiots.

Thinking ahead aint in the Thai genes - but I can easily see one scenario ahead.  The Junta loses the election and they decide to 'do a Myanmar'. If they have the support of the Monarchy then they will be able to go ahead.  There are so many other scenarios with a bad outcome. They must stop and think and if they do they will realise they can have one - but not both (this/next decade).  

The protesters here were from Redem, previously Free Youth.

They have no broad base of support here, and they've alienated much of the support they may have otherwise had by their adoption of "communist" ideologies and logos, particularly their flag which is effectively a hammer and sickle  -  regardless of whether Thais are pro or anti monarchy, very, very few support Redem and a "communist" regime.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, thai3 said:

I would say looking at streams it was more like Police attack peaceful protesters with tear gas, water canon and rubber bullets. 

Exactly, just watch voice tv on utube .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stonker said:

They have no broad base of support here, and they've alienated much of the support they may have otherwise had by their adoption of "communist" ideologies and logos, particularly their flag which is effectively a hammer and sickle  -  regardless of whether Thais are pro or anti monarchy, very, very few support Redem and a "communist" regime.

Everybody who watch Thai tv or voice tv knows whats going on it is just another pure lie from you! Stop spreading lies! There are tv news here what do you think how stupid the people are and you forget some live in Bangkok! There are all kinds of groups on the streets including redshirts. Normaly I no more reatc to your posts but if somebody is a liar it is no more ok! I recomend everubody just switch on the tv or livestreams there are a lot or voice tv streams and seewith your own eyes whats going on and debunk some posters like you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gummy said:

Exactly this posters doesn't understand the situation in Thailand right now, especially the situation in Bangkok, Pattaya/ Chonbury etc. They will understand not before they are in the same situation and have no more food and job then they realize the Situation of them. At the moment the UDD and red shirts are on the streets and many other groups. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gummy said:

And how do you think they should do that ?  More to the point who could do it ? The British are no more than just a talking shop who most countries ignore these days. The EU is an irrelevance to most of the world and as for the US well they have lost all credibility. Leaves only 2, Russia and China. Russia is backing Thailand's next door neighbour Mynamar with arms and Thailand is simply China's  proxy so really I don't think it will happen.

I am not saying it shouldn't happen as you rightly suggest , but just highlighting that the world order has changed with toothless tigers left to chase the tales of the Russians or Chinese, the latter already having an influence here.

Wait a bit there is a lot going on behind the curtain. And changes are on the way already. It is not that one sided it seamed like before but I agree it shouldnt had to come to this point 

13 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Everybody who watch Thai tv or voice tv knows whats going on it is just another pure lie from you! Stop spreading lies! There are tv news here what do you think how stupid the people are and you forget some live in Bangkok! There are all kinds of groups on the streets including redshirts. Normaly I no more reatc to your posts but if somebody is a liar it is no more ok! I recomend everubody just switch on the tv or livestreams there are a lot or voice tv streams and seewith your own eyes whats going on and debunk some posters like you!

Careful, Stardust! Your calling @Stonker's views 'just another pure lie' is as good as calling him a liar and that is both quarrelsome and defamatory. Despite you having breached 2 clear forum guidelines, I will not remove this post since I actually believe that you wanted to enter a debate rather than a quarrel.

Prove me right, please, since you know, where warranted, I will take stronger action.

2 minutes ago, Stardust said:

All media reports, without exception, say that the protesters were from Redem - it's an umbrella organisation of a lot of groups (or more accurately parts of a lot of groups), which you don't seem to understand.

Thai TV, Bangkok Post, Khaosod, Thai Rath, etc, including this article in the Thaiger, covering pretty well all political persuasions, all say that the protest was organised by Redem.

The groups within the protest say it was organised by Redem.

Are they all "spreading lies"?

Now who should one believe? 

Thai media, social media, all thenews  reports whatever their politics, the police, and even the protesters themselves, all of whom agree that this was a Redem protest ..... or you?

1 minute ago, King Cotton said:

Careful, Stardust! Your calling @Stonker's views 'just another pure lie' is as good as calling him a liar and that is both quarrelsome and defamatory. Despite you having breached 2 clear forum guidelines, I will not remove this post since I actually believe that you wanted to enter a debate rather than a quarrel.

Prove me right, please, since you know, where warranted, I will take stronger action.

Just watch the tv news, or look into the streets of Bangkok and what he wrote. So please explain me how I should say if something is a lie? Thank you in advance to for any advice how to react on such lies and misinformations. But anybody who understands Thai and know whats going on is understanding how absurd it is what he is writing and the what is really happening at the moment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stardust said:

Just watch the tv news, or look into the streets of Bangkok and what he wrote. So please explain me how I should say if something is a lie? Thank you in advance to for any advice how to react on such lies and misinformations. But anybody who understands Thai and know whats going on is understanding how absurd it is what he is writing and the what is really happening at the moment.

It is just not true what he is saying who are on the streets yesterday and today. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Do what I did and just put him on ignore

Just now, gummy said:

Yes I did already but I read it he had over a conversation with a other user and fall in that trap to react because it was such a misinformation about whats happening when mostly all know many groups outside and a lot udd and red shirts, too. I was thinking do he really think here is nobody living in Bangkok or is watching Thai news or streams that he can write such things.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, King Cotton said:

Thanks, @K C, but apart from wanting a debate or a quarrel I don't really know what point @Stardust's trying to make.

It was a Redem demo - everyone except @Stardust says that, whether in the media, social media, or the protesters themselves.  Some who are "UDD and red shirts ... and many other groups" support them, but it was still a Redem demo and Redem have minimal support in Thailand.

Thais generally simply don't like "communists"  -  and I'm deliberately using the label  as it has very clear connotations in Thailand and for Thais of every generation and political persuasion  -  and Redem have gone out of their way to paint themselves as "communists".

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Stardust said:
13 minutes ago, gummy said:

Yes I did already but I read it he had over a conversation with a other user and fall in that trap to react because it was such a misinformation (snip)

Sorry, but as far as I know that's not possible - nobody quoted me prior to your post.

You don't seem to understand what Redem is.

20 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

I fall again in the trap to react on a post of him. But it is just untrue what he claims and I am sure you watched, too tv or live who is on the streets right now. Groups from the democracy movements, udd or former udd and red shirts. Maybe he wanna provoke people but this could bring a lot of troubles in this turmoil and people living here mostly are knowing what is happening around them especially if you understand Thai or the ones with Thaifamily and knowing what the Thais are in at the moment and what they are thinking. And the people who live in Bangkok have their eyes to see what is happening.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

Thats American. How does it count for anything in Thailand?

It's just meant as a reference. There is no reason as why the death rate should be higher in Thailand, unless of course it is the lack of medical care and the general health of the affected population is also taken into account. Point is that the whole Covid situation is used to pursue a different agenda in many countries. And just to give a small idea of what our beloved media are up to see pic. Who is making up fake news ?

gas accident India.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Are you Stevie100 off Tv by any chance just posting troll rubbish to pick a fight?  So any red flag is communist now is it, and Harry Potter and duck motifs are really Marxist 'logos'. If you think very, very few Thais don't support all or some of the protesters aims you really don't know how ordinary Thais are feeling now. The new generation enlightened by the internet will be increasingly unwilling to live under this old, oppressive feudal system.

22 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Thanks, @K C, but apart from wanting a debate or a quarrel I don't really know what point @Stardust's trying to make.

It was a Redem demo - everyone except @Stardust says that, whether in the media, social media, or the protesters themselves.  Some who are "UDD and red shirts ... and many other groups" support them, but it was still a Redem demo and Redem have minimal support in Thailand.

Thais generally simply don't like "communists"  -  and I'm deliberately using the label  as it has very clear connotations in Thailand and for Thais of every generation and political persuasion  -  and Redem have gone out of their way to paint themselves as "communists".

And again it was not redem it is unbelievable that you comment it again! And a pure provocation on the situation, Thai people and everybody who understands Thai, watch thai news or live in Bangkok it show hopefully King Cotton that you are a troll who want to provocate. Everybody in Thailand knows the difference and that udd is not redem and also the other groups. Udd is Pheu Thai! This should be enough evidence now to debunk you and no further react on any posts.

• Like 2