News Forum - Thailand addresses labour shortage and illegal workers

Thaiger

5 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

And were you paying them minimum wage for their time - 353 THB a hour? 

Plus performance related extras. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I don't know

You do realise what (?) means???

I was asking the question 

But doesn't your link show the min wage is 363 since Jan 1st?

In his city? I dont know about that.

But anyway, it is totally normal to charge em for food and such.

So, if it is 363 in his area, and he is feeding 'em for 13 baht, that seems to be fair. To me.

But I am not so sure, he can calculate bringing em to work and back home in there. Still ok, for 13 baht.

So .....?

15 hours ago, Marc26 said:

You bashed Thais for not wanting to work and then I asked you a simple question, if you were in fact not paying them min wage

And I still don't know if you are because you got bent out of shape because I asked you a question, after you bashed Thais

The simple fact is you aren't paying enough and that is obviously what they care about

Not these small benefits you are giving them in lieu 

I made a few more enquiries with the labour force.  My son in law also drives them 1 hour to the immigration office to renew their work permits etc, thereby vouching for them in Thailand.  That alone is a day lost in work, plus the hours of formalities that are associated with filling out the correct forms, yes, they don't read or speak Thai, also the place they live is supplied by him and he maintains it, sewerage, water on tap from the local official source. You crap on about minimum wages and the law says. 

Wake up this is Thailand.

Like I said get out of the BIG city and see life as it really is. 

Sorry probably not up to most standards, No A/c Malls and western Supermarkets.

Oh, on Thai ways and laws, if a drunk/drugged motorcyclist drives the wrong way down a road and hits your car and dies get prepared to pay out and speak to his family nicely and even nicer to the local cops in charge. 

Comments on this I will happily pass along to a friend who has just gone through this problem, he is Thai.

TIT stop applying rules and regulations based on your own standards of expectation and up bringing.

5 hours ago, palooka said:

I made a few more enquiries with the labour force.  My son in law also drives them 1 hour to the immigration office to renew their work permits etc, thereby vouching for them in Thailand.  That alone is a day lost in work, plus the hours of formalities that are associated with filling out the correct forms, yes, they don't read or speak Thai, also the place they live is supplied by him and he maintains it, sewerage, water on tap from the local official source. You crap on about minimum wages and the law says. 

Wake up this is Thailand.

Like I said get out of the BIG city and see life as it really is. 

Sorry probably not up to most standards, No A/c Malls and western Supermarkets.

Oh, on Thai ways and laws, if a drunk/drugged motorcyclist drives the wrong way down a road and hits your car and dies get prepared to pay out and speak to his family nicely and even nicer to the local cops in charge. 

Comments on this I will happily pass along to a friend who has just gone through this problem, he is Thai.

TIT stop applying rules and regulations based on your own standards of expectation and up bringing.

I really wasn't having any sort of ho with you when I asked that question 

I asked a question 

I didn't accuse you of anything and you got bent out of shape

If you were offended by that question I will apologise 

And I'm not going to act like I know how it is to employ people anywhere in Thailand, let alone in your area

You on know way more than me by a 1000x in that area

I really did just ask a question 

You posed you had issues with Labor and posted what you pay and I asked a question