Phuket police claim they have arrested a suspect in the murder of the Swiss Sandboxer

Thaiger

Thai media have reported Phuket police have arrested a suspect in the killing of the Swiss tourist, 57 year old Nicole Sauvain-Weisskopf. A police commander was speaking to the media and exclaimed “Good news” and told attending media that the case was “all wrapped up”. Police also confirmed that the alleged attacker was a man but provided no additional details at this time. But Thai Rath have reported that the man arrested is Burmese. Although there are many Burmese living in Phuket, most active workers are currently confined in worker and construction camps and unable to leave their accommodations. Thailand’s […]

The post Phuket police claim they have arrested a suspect in the murder of the Swiss Sandboxer appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

8 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Thai media have reported Phuket police have arrested a suspect in the killing of the Swiss tourist, 57 year old Nicole Sauvain-Weisskopf. A police commander was speaking to the media and exclaimed “Good news” and told attending media that the case was “all wrapped up”. Police also confirmed that the alleged attacker was a man but provided no additional details at this time. But Thai Rath have reported that the man arrested is Burmese. Although there are many Burmese living in Phuket, most active workers are currently confined in worker and construction camps and unable to leave their accommodations. Thailand’s […]

The post Phuket police claim they have arrested a suspect in the murder of the Swiss Sandboxer appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well what a surprise the RTP have fingered a Burmese. This must be the most dangerous place on earth for the Burmese , other than their home country of course.

Just now, gummy said:

Well what a surprise the RTP have fingered a Burmese. This must be the most dangerous place on earth for the Burmese , other than their home country of course.

Excuse me Mr Myanmar please hold this heavy rock for me.. thank you.. I now arrest you. I have your fingerprints on the murder weapon!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Read the full story

Wow again a burmese scapegoat like in the koh tao case?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

Was thinking exactly the same G' .. 

as soon as you see the headline you just know the word Burmese will appear further down .. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, gummy said:

Well what a surprise the RTP have fingered a Burmese.

Round up the usual suspects. 

Edited by longwood50
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Was thinking exactly the same G' .. 

as soon as you see the headline you just know the word Burmese will appear further down .. 

And what it is the same invistigation team like in this other case and we all remember the interviews of the parents of the victoms and they explained this fool games and that are just the scape goats and the killers still walk free. And no parents would make that claim if they would not be sure and even involved the investigators to jave an look in it and they also said there is too much unclear especially with the dna evidences. This was in tv news in europe and around the world and very well explained shy the parents of the victims claimed foul play! 

11 minutes ago, Bobfran said:

Wow what a surprise... Only yesterday I made mention on this site that no doubt a Burmese would be named as a suspect....

The swiss government should be wise and send their own investigation team because it is the same guy who lead the investigation in this other case with the two British who were murdered.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Bobfran said:

Wow what a surprise... Only yesterday I made mention on this site that no doubt a Burmese would be named as a suspect....

Hardly a shock that someone was going to come out with that though was it - entirely predictable!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Johnmc17 said:

My wife's cousin in the police here says he is actually thai 

If so await the avalanche of retractions and apologies from the "I said it would be a burmese" mob 

The re-inactment will be next with the accused manacled and encouraged to point his finger abit to try and put a veneer of legitimacy to it .. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ubon2530 said:

Very interesting to note that the Thaiger is the ONLY one reporting this... Nothing on BKP or The Nation yet.

Thai news channels are on to it

I think it likely best to wait a bit, as its possible the early news is not precise (apologies to the Thaiger editorial staff for my caution).  

Thai language news is purportedly claiming the man to be a Phuket local of Thai nationality - so maybe the situation still a bit fuzzy.

Hopefully what ever nationality, that they have the right criminal/murderer. 

Once again, my condolences to family, friends and co-workers of this Swiss woman.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

The charged is a 27 year old Thai who lives in the area from recent reports.

Seems his friend grassed him up