Man arrested for stealing just over 1,000 baht in Wichit, Phuket

Thaiger

Recently, a man was arrested for allegedly stealing just over 1,000 baht from a wallet that was left on a counter in a “Super Cheap” store in Wichit, Phuket. 50 year old “Mr Sutchai” was arrested earlier week, around 2 pm, says Wichit Police. The police say Sutchai took the wallet out of a shopping trolley that had been forgotten in front of the Super Cheap store. The wallet’s owner, Pratin Chumthong notified police of the theft when she realised her wallet was gone around 10:20 am, says the police. The police used CCTV footage to identify the alleged thief […]

The post Man arrested for stealing just over 1,000 baht in Wichit, Phuket appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

43 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Recently, a man was arrested for allegedly stealing just over 1,000 baht from a wallet that was left on a counter in a “Super Cheap” store in Wichit, Phuket. 50 year old “Mr Sutchai” was arrested earlier week, around 2 pm, says Wichit Police. The police say Sutchai took the wallet out of a shopping trolley that had been forgotten in front of the Super Cheap store. The wallet’s owner, Pratin Chumthong notified police of the theft when she realised her wallet was gone around 10:20 am, says the police. The police used CCTV footage to identify the alleged thief […]

The post Man arrested for stealing just over 1,000 baht in Wichit, Phuket appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well I  have no doubt this criminal will get a stiff sentence for stealing 1000 baht whilst the Red Bull guy "Boss" is still free to roam the world at will after killing a policemen. Thai justice at it's best

58 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

a wallet that was left on a counter in a “Super Cheap” store

58 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

took the wallet out of a shopping trolley that had been forgotten in front of the Super Cheap store

Not so super cheap if you need 2 wallets to shop there.?

• Haha 1

I think that given the current situation, and the level of desperation, incidents such as this, will become increasingly more common.

These people are on the bones of their arse, and there is no end in sight.

I would urge people to be mindful of their surroundings, and to take only the minimum amount of money out for their need. Do not wear jewellery either and keep phones safe. Especially, if they are unlocked and hold any banking information.

Also, given the awful news of the murder and rape of the Swiss lady, now  would be a good time to take stock of our environment. I would also like to extend my sympathy to this ladies, friends and family.

Desperate people are forced to take desperate actions, but this is disgraceful.

All of that said, I still believe the island is safe, but best not to drop your guard.

In short, don't walk around looking like a victim!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

These people are on the bones of their arse, and there is no end in sight.

I would urge people to be mindful of their surroundings, and to take only the minimum amount of money out for their need. Do not wear jewellery either and keep phones safe. Especially, if they are unlocked and hold any banking information.

This is good advice but lets give Thailand props, even despite all that is happening I went down to Yaowarat rd today and bought a significant amount of gold with cash, I was aware of my surroundings but still never felt any real fear walking out of Hua Seng Heng. This is not the PI with a dude at the door with a shotgun on the ready.

I hope it stays that way.

• Like 1

The article is definitely the work of an American liberal with a liberal arts education. I've had M1 students with better grammar than this person.

1 hour ago, Blogosopher said:

The article is definitely the work of an American liberal with a liberal arts education. I've had M1 students with better grammar than this person.

Regardless of national origin, Thaiger pretty much demands poor grammar and inept spelling from its writers. I think it's because when Thaiger gets around to hiring an editor there will be plenty to keep them busy.

• Haha 1

I don’t know why this rag is so popular; too many adverts and the comments are much more interesting than the reports. Still, it’s competitors aren’t much better 

I know I shouldn’t complain as I keep reading it after many  unsuccessful attempts, trying   to return to Thailand.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, shanghailoz said:

Pretty impressive that they found the culprit so quickly.

Not when you just pull a poor person of the street, probably threaten him into a confession. RTP tactics. Remember Thailand has a long history of convicting people for murder and the real culprit walks or is never found.