Top 5 things you need to know about medical marijuana in Thailand: “Updated”

Thaiger

Cannabis, otherwise known as “Ganja” was historically popular in Thailand as a traditional medicine. Once known as one of the world’s most potent, Thai Ganga was often used by labourers as a muscle relaxer. However, the crop was banned in the 1930s – up until 2019 when medical marijuana was legalised once more. While recreational use of cannabis remains illegal, cannabis can be used to treat certain symptoms, relieve chronic pain and reduce anxiety. Below are 5 things you need to know about medical marijuana in Thailand. Top 5 things to know about medical marijuana in Thailand 1. Approved Treatments Using Cannabis Certified […]

The post Top 5 things you need to know about medical marijuana in Thailand: “Updated” appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

12 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Once known as one of the world’s most potent, Thai Ganga was often used by labourers as a muscle relaxer. However, the crop was banned in the 1930s –

when they couldn't be a*sed to get up and do any more work .. 

Whadya call a weed smoking spud .?

Baked potato .. 

The war on drugs is stupid, and makes no sense. There are millions around the world in prison for possession of ganga. I am all for legalizing ALL drugs. Many prescription drugs are far more dangerous than ganga, and even coke. Same applies to alcohol.

But, at a minimum legalize recreational ganga. And take away the franchises from these creepy cops who make a fortune off of innocent people in possession of next to nothing. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

The war on drugs is stupid, and makes no sense. There are millions around the world in prison for possession of ganga. I am all for legalizing ALL drugs. Many prescription drugs are far more dangerous than ganga, and even coke. Same applies to alcohol.

But, at a minimum legalize recreational ganga. And take away the franchises from these creepy cops who make a fortune off of innocent people in possession of next to nothing. 

Drugs do a lot to a persons mental state which is probably why they are illegal, imagine a society full of drug addicts. Legalizing drugs sounds like a good idea, but I bet if it were to happen there would be a lot more, poverty, death, murders, robberies, etc.

16 hours ago, Faraday said:

Does that include Heroin & Amphetamine?

Yes, you immediately cut out the cartels, the corrupt cops and the DEA super freaks, and demand goes way down. Alot of the attraction to drugs is the illegal aspect of them. 

At a minimum you completely legalize all aspects of ganga. 

Edited by dmacarelli
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, dj230 said:

Drugs do a lot to a persons mental state which is probably why they are illegal, imagine a society full of drug addicts. Legalizing drugs sounds like a good idea, but I bet if it were to happen there would be a lot more, poverty, death, murders, robberies, etc.

I doubt it. Legal drugs cause a great deal of harm to society, and so does alcohol. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

Yes, you immediately cut our the cartels, the corrupt cops and DEA super freaks,

Can't see how the cartels would give up their income easily though..

A great start, yes, great, would be SIS commonly called shooting galleries, where long term Heroin addicts, can inject.

It reduces infections with help, advice & medical assistance on hand, when needed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dmacarelli said:

I doubt it. Legal drugs cause a great deal of harm to society, and so does alcohol. 

If you doubt drugs will do a lot to a persons mental state, you probably don't know many people who do drugs. For example, amphetamines like cocaine and MDMA will desensitize the body to dopamine and serotonin.

Legal drugs and alcohol causing a great deal of harm to society doesn't justify legalizing all drugs. Also alcohol if not abused doesn't do a great deal of harm to society in my opinion. 

• Like 2