Monarchy supporters claim protesters weaponizing Covid-19

Thaiger

10 hours ago, King Cotton said:

I share your sentiment here, Stardust, albeit that Myanmar doesn't have a monarchy.

Yes thats true 

I got my greatest laugh from this particular idea " protesters intend to used the gathering to intentionally spread what he called the “biological weapon” of Covid-19. He believes they plan to create an outbreak that they will blame on the government and monarchy to highlight their failures in handling the Covid-19 pandemic."

Now, there's a good example of Thai logic for you.

Yeah, right.  These thousands of people have decided, en masse, that they will gather together to deliberatelty infect each other so they have something to complain about.

Yeah. Right.

• Like 2

People making such claims should be ready for a debate, because you can easily place the blame elsewhere by saying that the protesters only feel the need to gather because all the other avenues of discourse have been closed off. They fail to see that it is the absence of discussion and compromise that has led to this situation. On top of it all we have the worst economic situation in living memory and a pandemic to boot.

From what I see "on the ground" , I would say it has little to do with "intentionally spreading" and more to do with "NTL" (nothing to lose). Yes, ironically NTL and NPL are quite similar!!

• Like 3

Here's the thing many of the pro monarchy children are the ones out on the streets protesting for a democratic government not a " junta" establishment backed by the monarchy .  No available vaccines,a tanked economy through draconian lockdown methods, none to little financial assistance from the government . Left with little to no alternatives people of all ages are taking to the streets demanding immediate action by their government let alone " trying to execute biological warfare" on the government.  These protesters have been exercising their rights long before the pandemic ! I believe all Thai people including the young generation love and respect their king and Queen. They're just demanding a democratic free society in tandem with the monarchy and not controlled by the military or monarchy ! A coexisting government for the monarchy and by the people is not too much to ask is it!!

• Like 2

I didn't see this leader of the Thai Pakdee party coming out and saying anything when the government allowed songkran to go ahead and in doing so spread the covid all across Thailand... Blinkers are on again