News Forum - Cannabis crackdown: Only buds back on the blacklist

Thaiger

Public Health Minister Somsak Thepsutin revealed that only cannabis buds will be reclassified as Category 5 narcotics, while the rest of the marijuana plant remains legal. This dramatic shift is set to clarify the murky waters of Thailand’s cannabis regulations, following Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin’s controversial pledge to recriminalise marijuana. “The new directive will specify … …

The story Cannabis crackdown: Only buds back on the blacklist as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Note to self: stock up on buds before the end of the year.

As a weed smoker, I still think it should be banned........

Rude smokers smoking all over the place with no regards to young families or anyone around them.......

Weed shops everywhere that make the place look shady as hell

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

As a weed smoker, I still think it should be banned........

Rude smokers smoking all over the place with no regards to young families or anyone around them.......

Weed shops everywhere that make the place look shady as hell

Again, I think I live in a different Thailand than the rest of you.

In Hat Yai I've never seen any of that "rude" smoking you're talking about and while there are a number of weed shops, most of them look like normal stores or even a bit more upscale.  They're actually quite unobtrusive and I'm almost nearly always surprised when I see a sign for one that I hadn't seen before. The kids who thought it would be a boon went of business quite a while ago.

20 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

In Hat Yai I've never seen any 

Well...if you happend to be in Suratthani you can see them selling fresh weed leaves in buldles from pick-up truck at night along the main street. Every time I put up a night stay there during my bike ride, I always see them at the road side. 

54 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Well...if you happend to be in Suratthani you can see them selling fresh weed leaves in buldles from pick-up truck at night along the main street. Every time I put up a night stay there during my bike ride, I always see them at the road side. 

Leaves in bundles are kratom, not marijuana.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrStretch said:

In Hat Yai I've never seen any of that "rude" smoking you're talking about and while there are a number of weed shops, most of them look like normal stores or even a bit more upscale.  They're actually quite unobtrusive and I'm almost nearly always surprised when I see a sign for one that I hadn't seen before. The kids who thought it would be a boon went of business quite a while ago.

On Kamala Beach in Phuket, there is people smoking weed all over the beach, with very strong smell

I actually like the smell of weed, so doesn't bother me but I know that some families with young kids were upset, my wife hated it

I was on the ferry from Koh Kood to Trat

I was sat alone on the outside deck, the middle seats are covered, so this backpacker chick came in sat in front of me, I could literally touch her if I wanted to.....

She lit a joint and started smoking it, with the smoke coming on to me

Again, I am a weed smoker so doesn't bother me...........

But she doesn't know that and should be aware that she is intruding on people's space, without even the slightest effort to see if I was ok with it

• Like 1

I am an ex smoker (tobacco) but I still smoke weed, and have done for over 45 years.

I too find it annoying when someone lights up nearby and I get smoke wafting over me, whether it be weed or tobacco.....tobacco smoke is the one I find really unpleasant, but weed smoke is still annoying if it's overwhelming.

It's the lack of thought/consideration for others that really gets me.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Metoo said:

I am an ex smoker (tobacco) but I still smoke weed, and have done for over 45 years.

I too find it annoying when someone lights up nearby and I get smoke wafting over me, whether it be weed or tobacco.....tobacco smoke is the one I find really unpleasant, but weed smoke is still annoying if it's overwhelming.

It's the lack of thought/consideration for others that really gets me.

I'm the same 

I physically can't handle cigarette smoke

It tightens my chest

Weed smoke, I don't mind

But that being said, people should always be considerate of others when smoking anything 

And since most are inconsiderate assh*oles, then the law has to be put in place because people won't police themselves 

• Like 1