Jump to content

Thursday Covid Update: High of 20,920 new cases and 160 deaths


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

A record high of 20,920 new Covid-19 cases and 160 coronavirus-related deaths were reported today by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration. In the latest and most severe wave of Covid-19, first recorded on April 1, the CCSA has recorded 664,442 Covid-19 cases. Over the last 24 hours since the last count, the CCSA recorded 17,926 recoveries. Thailand now has 213,910 active cases. As of yesterday, Thailand ranked as the second country in the Southeast Asia region with the highest number of active cases, which was tallied at 211,076. Indonesia, Asia’s Covid-19 epicentre, topped this list with 524,011 active cases, according […]

The post Thursday Covid Update: High of 20,920 new cases and 160 deaths appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

So much could have, and should have been done to avoid this, prevent this, and mitigate this. And now that the shutdowns have proven to be nearly useless, let the people get back to work, and stop inflicting punishment upon them. It is to the point to being sadistic. 

We have no idea of the extent of the homelessness, at this time, but there is no doubt the lying, deceptive, deceitful authorities are trying to hide this from us, the media is being threatened if they reveal it, and as always, a false veneer is being used to obscure the truth, to fake reality. 

Millions are out of work right now, and the stingy ones are not doing anything meaningful to help.

 

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

So much could have, and should have been done to avoid this, prevent this, and mitigate this. And now that the shutdowns have proven to be nearly useless, let the people get back to work, and stop inflicting punishment upon them. It is to the point to being sadistic. 

We have no idea of the extent of the homelessness, at this time, but there is no doubt the lying, deceptive, deceitful authorities are trying to hide this from us, the media is being threatened if they reveal it, and as always, a false veneer is being used to obscure the truth, to fake reality. 

Millions are out of work right now, and the stingy ones are not doing anything meaningful to help.

You certainly hit the nail on the head.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

So much could have, and should have been done to avoid this, prevent this, and mitigate this. And now that the shutdowns have proven to be nearly useless, let the people get back to work, and stop inflicting punishment upon them. It is to the point to being sadistic. 

We have no idea of the extent of the homelessness, at this time, but there is no doubt the lying, deceptive, deceitful authorities are trying to hide this from us, the media is being threatened if they reveal it, and as always, a false veneer is being used to obscure the truth, to fake reality. 

Millions are out of work right now, and the stingy ones are not doing anything meaningful to help.

I think what you have highlighted will become known, or should become known  as the "shame of Thailands military political dominance"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

So much could have, and should have been done to avoid this, prevent this, and mitigate this. And now that the shutdowns have proven to be nearly useless, let the people get back to work, and stop inflicting punishment upon them. It is to the point to being sadistic. 

We have no idea of the extent of the homelessness, at this time, but there is no doubt the lying, deceptive, deceitful authorities are trying to hide this from us, the media is being threatened if they reveal it, and as always, a false veneer is being used to obscure the truth, to fake reality. 

Millions are out of work right now, and the stingy ones are not doing anything meaningful to help.

I agree about the millions not doing much to help - I see Thaiger and others doing fund raising, but not a lot of the Thai billionaires giving back when most needed. 

But I dont agree about just opening it all up. No yet. That could result in a situation like in India where a massive increase in daily cases totally overloaded the medical system and about 300K died in 3-4 months.   

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

let the people get back to work, and stop inflicting punishment upon them

Sure, and the virus will spread even faster, and swamp the hospitals with sick people, and the health care system will collapse and the morgues will be overflowing with corpses and the orphanges filled with children whose parents were killed by Covid. Not to mention the tourists aren't coming back while Covid is churning through the population. A lockdown causes hardship and suffering but it can bring the virus under control and save lives (if it is done right).

Edited by Bangkok_Gary
  • Like 9
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I agree about the millions not doing much to help - I see Thaiger and others doing fund raising, but not a lot of the Thai billionaires giving back when most needed. 

 

Thaiger are doing a great job, did you see the interview a couple of weeks ago with a couple of farangs? doing outstanding work in the community with over 300 volunteers,

They seem to be located around the Sukhumvit area in BKK take a look at their FB page if you can offer some support Im sure they would be over the moon,

https://www.facebook.com/BkkCommunityHelp 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I agree about the millions not doing much to help - I see Thaiger and others doing fund raising, but not a lot of the Thai billionaires giving back when most needed. 

But I dont agree about just opening it all up. No yet. That could result in a situation like in India where a massive increase in daily cases totally overloaded the medical system and about 300K died in 3-4 months.   

No way they should simply open up. It as you rightly point out become another India. But equally there has been a half baked, half hearted attempt at a lockdown. Tim Newton (tongue in cheek) avoids using the 'L' word. A seriously robust lockdown is the realistic solution (along with a radical roll out of vaccinations) in an attempt to get these figures reduced.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Thaiger are doing a great job, did you see the interview a couple of weeks ago with a couple of farangs? doing outstanding work in the community with over 300 volunteers,

They seem to be located around the Sukhumvit area in BKK take a look at their FB page if you can offer some support Im sure they would be over the moon,

https://www.facebook.com/BkkCommunityHelp 

Yep - the Thaiger is raising money for them via a campaign that is built around Tim's song 'I am Strong'.  Check out the youtube video:  

 

The Thai wife and I gave some money the other day - anything anyone here can give will make a difference.  So far they have raised $32,700 via Go Get Funding - The Thaiger’s ‘I Am Strong’ Campaign | Community & Project Fundraising with GoGetFunding

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Guevara said:

A seriously robust lockdown is the realistic solution (along with a radical roll out of vaccinations) in an attempt to get these figures reduced.

You going to pay all those people to stay locked down? You still want all the farmers, logistics people, critical infrastructure people keeping power, water and internet flowing locked down?

Lockdowns don't work, after a year and half we know, virus gonna virus, it has done it everywhere. 160 people deaths today..from Covid with no other cause, or with Covid and most being elderly? It is time to stop living in fear and move on from this, yes it sucks for some but in the big scheme the numbers are staggeringly low.

Edited by BraveNewFahrenheit
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

You going to pay all those people to stay locked down? You still want all the farmers, logistics people, critical infrastructure people keeping power, water and internet flowing locked down?

Lockdowns don't work, after a year and half we know, virus gonna virus, it has done it everywhere. 160 people deaths today..from Covid with no other cause, or with Covid and most being elderly. It is time to stop living in fear and move on from this, yes it sucks for some but in the big scheme the numbers are staggeringly low.

Lockdowns do work - although they are not the only solution - and they dont work everywhere.  Australia, Taiwan and Singapore are proof that lockdowns work if done correctly - not 100% - but they do a job while they wait for the vaccinations and natural immunities kick in.   It is a catch 22 situation - lockdowns hurt people, no lockdowns will hurt people. Govts worldwide have chosen what they see as the lesser of two evils, and there is no scientific evidence to show that the opposite would be better - the evidence is that it is not. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I agree about the millions not doing much to help - I see Thaiger and others doing fund raising, but not a lot of the Thai billionaires giving back when most needed. 

But I dont agree about just opening it all up. No yet. That could result in a situation like in India where a massive increase in daily cases totally overloaded the medical system and about 300K died in 3-4 months.   

The Thai billionaires and their like, together with those that allow them to carry on their pseudo monopolistic companies to ensure they become even richer will never ever give anything meaningful back to the country that they have taken from. !00 million baht donation from those families worth 1 billion US $, and there are many of them, is peanuts. It equates to a poor family whose income maybe only 10,000 baht per month giving 312 baht 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Yep - the Thaiger is raising money for them via a campaign that is built around Tim's song 'I am Strong'.  Check out the youtube video:  

The Thai wife and I gave some money the other day - anything anyone here can give will make a difference.  So far they have raised $32,700 via Go Get Funding - The Thaiger’s ‘I Am Strong’ Campaign | Community & Project Fundraising with GoGetFunding

Even give a like to their FB page will help to spread the news so come on guys give them a like

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

You going to pay all those people to stay locked down? You still want all the farmers, logistics people, critical infrastructure people keeping power, water and internet flowing locked down?

Lockdowns don't work, after a year and half we know, virus gonna virus, it has done it everywhere. 160 people deaths today..from Covid with no other cause, or with Covid and most being elderly? It is time to stop living in fear and move on from this, yes it sucks for some but in the big scheme the numbers are staggeringly low.

Sorry but lockdowns do work if they are properly implemented and the regulations are followed. It may be harsh in the short term but the alternative is increased numbers of both new cases and deaths and the virus continues it's deadly path ad infinitum.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Lockdowns do work - although they are not the only solution - and they dont work everywhere.  Australia, Taiwan and Singapore are proof that lockdowns work if done correctly - not 100% - but they do a job while they wait for the vaccinations and natural immunities kick in.   It is a catch 22 situation - lockdowns hurt people, no lockdowns will hurt people. Govts worldwide have chosen what they see as the lesser of two evils, and there is no scientific evidence to show that the opposite would be better - the evidence is that it is not. 

Australia has been the most timid nation on earth. Their lockdowns are draconian, and based on tiny numbers of cases. Sheer ridiculousness and panic mongering. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bangkok_Gary said:

Sure, and the virus will spread even faster, and swamp the hospitals with sick people, and the health care system will collapse and the morgues will be overflowing with corpses and the orphanges filled with children whose parents were killed by Covid. Not to mention the tourists aren't coming back while Covid is churning through the population. A lockdown causes hardship and suffering but it can bring the virus under control and save lives (if it is done right).

Easy talk from a position of privilege. If the choice is starvation and desperation or possibly catching a virus with a survival chance of 99% plus, then I think I know what the answer from most people will be.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Guevara said:

Sorry but lockdowns do work if they are properly implemented and the regulations are followed. It may be harsh in the short term but the alternative is increased numbers of both new cases and deaths and the virus continues it's deadly path ad infinitum.

The lockdowns in Australia last year worked, that is why they are locked down even harder now. The non lockdowns in Sweden did not work which is why they are not locked down now.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

But I dont agree about just opening it all up. No yet. That could result in a situation like in India where a massive increase in daily cases totally overloaded the medical system and about 300K died in 3-4 months.   

It did not overload the system.  One month they had it bad but then it died down very quickly. They have about 40K cases per day now when it was 400K in May, because they started using Ivermectin. BTW, 400K there was relatively the same as 20K now in Thailand.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thailand should not certainly follow Australia. They had one death in the NSW and they locked down hard that state. Economy totally disrupted.Talk about how ridiculous is that!?

Meanwhile, even the most relaxed country Sweden is opening up or at best soft restrictions, like max number of people per restaurant or meeting.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The more I think about it the more I do not believe the official numbers in Thailand now. IF there is a big protest this Saturday watch for huge death numbers in the cucked mainstream media next week with all blame directed towards the anti-govt protesters.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let’s see walked my dog around the neighborhood and saw a couple of neighbors drinking beer and hanging out maskless. Kids and their parents playing in the park maskless of course. Teenagers surf sa-keding on the road maskless too. Other neighbors walking their dogs try to have their dog play with my dog maskless too!

Sometimes it’s just people who refuse to follow the rules that causes this. As evidenced in the Thong Lo cluster. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Thailand should not certainly follow Australia. They had one death in the NSW and they locked down hard that state. Economy totally disrupted.Talk about how ridiculous is that!?

Meanwhile, even the most relaxed country Sweden is opening up or at best soft restrictions, like max number of people per restaurant or meeting.

In the US there was a concert with thousands of people in attendance at the height of the Delta variant

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dmacarelli said:

And now that the shutdowns have proven to be nearly useless, 

"Proven" by who?

1 hour ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

Lockdowns don't work, after a year and half we know, virus gonna virus, it has done it everywhere.

Well, all the quantifiable evdence is that they do work when properly regulated.

 

Name anywhere where they've had a properly regulated lockdown where the spread hasn't been reduced, at least long enough to give some breathing space and vaccines rolled out.

 

Anywhere at all.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Stonker said:

"Proven" by who?

Well, all the quantifiable evdence is that they do work when properly regulated.

Name anywhere where they've had a properly regulated lockdown where the spread hasn't been reduced, at least long enough to give some breathing space and vaccines rolled out.

Anywhere at all.

Lockdowns work but only to a limited extent.  When you have a virus as transmissable and one that mutates rapidly you are just stalling it will eventually make its way through the population.  And it is doing just that now infecting previously vaccinated individuals. 

So while you lockdown what other harm are  you doing?  Well you are killing the livelihood of millions of people resulting in suicides and even starvation.  

Is not a better answer to simply lock down those with preconditions and the elderly?  That is precisely what has been done in the past.

Wake up folks.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 5

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

    2. 61

      News Forum - Thailand ranks 32nd globally for Muslim travel

    3. 5

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

    4. 5

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

    5. 5

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use