News Forum - Gas alert: Expert warns excessive farting might stink of serious health issues

Thaiger

A Taiwanese colorectal surgeon recently acknowledged farting is a natural bodily function but added that excessive or irregular flatulence could be a sign of serious health issues. Jong Yunni, a Taiwanese colorectal surgeon, stated that people typically fart between five to 25 times a day, with the average being around 15 times. This indicates a … …

The story Gas alert: Expert warns excessive farting might stink of serious health issues as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Interesting stuff indeed.

I think a German guy holds the world record for the strongest fart on record. He blue out a candle mounted 1.2 metres from his backside.

But on a more serious note; cannot farts be used as fuel? As in how they do it with cows.

This has been known for decades, but should not be a worry if you generally eat food that produces the issue and are in other ways healthy.   It's a bit like the fog around an enlarged prostate.  It's a natural process with aging and in most cases is not a prelude to cancer. 

Yep so much depends on what you have eaten that day or the day before. I know If I eat a lot of cauliflower (which I love) for example I will be doubling my farting for the next few hours.

Sorry but when I saw this headline, it made me think instantly of someone and I cannot help to post that video below. Yes, this guy has really existed, he was the best paid artist in France end of 19th / early 20th century, he was "perfoming" at Le Moulin Rouge. Over 25 times a day? Piece of cake for the Pétomane.

Makes you proud to be French!