Rollout of Covid-19 vaccination for teenagers gets underway in Cambodia

Thaiger

Cambodia is extending its Covid-19 vaccination programme to teenagers, starting in the capital Phnom Penh and another 3 hard-hit provinces. According to an AFP report, the grandchildren of the country’s leader, Hun Sen, were among the first to be vaccinated. The vaccination of teenagers kicked off on Sunday, with doses administered to people between the ages of 12 and 17 in Phnom Penh and the provinces of Kandal, Koh Kong and Preah Sihanouk. Hun Sen has described the vaccination of Cambodia’s young people as key to achieving herd immunity. “The vaccination for children today is a key step to herd […]

The post Rollout of Covid-19 vaccination for teenagers gets underway in Cambodia appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I found this story very interesting, especially since I always assumed that Thaiger news reporting was ...  well,  independent and researched.  The article included the following:

" ... Like Thailand, Cambodia is currently in the grip of a severe wave of the virus, after seemingly getting off lightly last year.  "

Severe?  Like Thailand?    Hmmmm  Total cases:  78,474  Yesterday:  560

2 minutes ago, Rotweiler said:

I found this story very interesting, especially since I always assumed that Thaiger news reporting was ...  well,  independent and researched.  The article included the following:

" ... Like Thailand, Cambodia is currently in the grip of a severe wave of the virus, after seemingly getting off lightly last year.  "

Severe?  Like Thailand?    Hmmmm  Total cases:  78,474  Yesterday:  560

Guess it is subjective

42 minutes ago, Rotweiler said:

I found this story very interesting, especially since I always assumed that Thaiger news reporting was ...  well,  independent and researched.

? ...? ... ? ... ?

"...The vaccination for children today is a key step to herd immunity in communities. Children are like bamboo shoots. If the health of children is damaged now, we won’t have good bamboos...."

Oh, the irony.

2 minutes ago, Zool said:

"...The vaccination for children today is a key step to herd immunity in communities. Children are like bamboo shoots. If the health of children is damaged now, we won’t have good bamboos...."

Oh, the irony.

My heart bleeds when the deluded ignorant are now also jeopardizing the long-term health of children that have as good as nothing to fear from covid when they get it.  On the contrary if they get it, their then acquired natural immunity will then contribute to herd-immunity (this in contrast with the short-lived vax-induced immunity with all its known and yet unknown adverse side-effects).