What did you listen to today?

MrStretch

On 9/14/2024 at 8:06 PM, Pinetree said:

Kashmir  -   Led Zeppelin

I've come to LZ,  50 years too late, didn't particularly  like their music then, I was an avid  Cream Fan,  but love it now.

I’ve always loved Zeppelin but in a similar way, I missed Nirvana the first time around - dismissed them as stoner crap - but appreciate them now.

• Like 4

Just gave Dave Gilmour's new album done with his daughter a listen, Love and Strange, quite typical for Gilmour stuff but will appreciate it a lot more when I get home, get suitably adjusted and bang it out on a decent system.

Also just downloaded Black Crowes with Jimmy Page, Live at the Greek, forgot how good this is.

Edited by Scooter
  • Like 1

On 9/21/2024 at 11:26 AM, BigHewer said:

I’ve always loved Zeppelin but in a similar way, I missed Nirvana the first time around - dismissed them as stoner crap - but appreciate them now.

I recently relistened to In Utero, what a masterpiece (produced by Steve Albini, which gives it its unique dark, raw sound).

• Like 2

On 9/22/2024 at 11:26 PM, rattlesnake said:

I recently relistened to In Utero, what a masterpiece (produced by Steve Albini, which gives it its unique dark, raw sound)

I found Nirvana "back then"(angry 30 year old) with this song, not a commonly known one me thinks.👍. It was the drawing guitar outro that got me hooked on the music and listening to more. Unplugged live is very very good.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2024 at 12:52 AM, Thaidup said:

Liam and Noel still biffing about?🍻

They've just announced a reunion tour after a 15-year feud.

Oasis are an underrated band. What I mean by that is they are more than a mere 90s Britpop band, some of their stuff (especially on their first album Definitely Maybe) is pure quality rock 'n' roll.

On 10/2/2024 at 12:47 AM, Thaidup said:

I found Nirvana "back then"(angry 30 year old) with this song, not a commonly known one me thinks.👍. It was the drawing guitar outro that got me hooked on the music and listening to more. Unplugged live is very very good.

Vitalogy is, IMO, the best Pearl Jam album, an absolute masterpiece.

• Like 1

A lesser known Unplugged album of the 90s is the Alice in Chains one. Lead singer Layne Staley was struggling with addiction (he would die from it 6 years later) and this was their last performance together.

You know REM, but I will bet you don't know this song, played this from memory and had to repeat👍

This 60 year old geezer is into this old music,LOL.

A song just to f-u up about wanting to know what is it about? Just don.t take my pic OK.👍 This song came out back in the same time as last REM song, im just enjoying playing them again now.🍻

Some times us old guys can remember music that has an impetus to what is happening today as we watch🍻

Here is a song I heard from a playstation game back in the early 1990.s, best heard and not seen, in my opinion, just turn the headphones up and the screen around. Or close your eyes.👍

13 minutes ago, Thaidup said:

Yet very few of our members will even know who Gary Glitter was, he was a fag👍 a lovable fag.

He was a pedo

• Haha 1