News Forum - Thai Lion Air & Krabi Airport has worst WiFi in the world

Thaiger

Thai Lion Air and Krabi International Airport in southern Thailand have garnered notoriety as some of the worst WiFi service providers, according to reviews from travellers on Airline Quality (also known as Skytrax). EletronicsHub, an online tech gadget review and information platform, conducted an analysis of WiFi connectivity based on reviews of airports and airlines … …

The story Thai Lion Air & Krabi Airport has worst WiFi in the world as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Oh...surprise...Do they have a wifi in Krabi airport.....I just know that as in the past I was using my personal data for surfing when there. 

I wouldn't care

I never get wifi on a plane

It's one of the times I can totally shut off

And just use my data at the airport 

Oh my word, a place you arrive at and then leave immediately, or a place you arrive at for one hour for a domestic flight,  has bad WIFI.  Oh how terrible, how life impacting, you can't look at your pathetic social media accounts for a couple of hours. How deprived are you. Read a f-ing book, have a coffee and think for yourself. How the fxxx do you think we managed before smart phones? Buy an internet package from your phone provider if you are that desperate.  We talked, we read, we interacted.  I truly despair of this generation, ruled by technology and without an once of critical thinking in their heads.   

• Haha 2

Wifi is a tremendous benefit for travelers;

- When there are IROPS or other delays it facilitates making alternative travel plans.

- Travelers can locate local destinations, contact hotels, people etc.

When  my flight misconnects due to late arrival, I try to fix before I land.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Wifi is a tremendous benefit for travelers;

- When there are IROPS or other delays it facilitates making alternative travel plans.

- Travelers can locate local destinations, contact hotels, people etc.

When  my flight misconnects due to late arrival, I try to fix before I land.

Its a small domestic airport, not an international hub. none of your list are necessary. If you believe that they are, buy an internet package from your phone provider.  Its not this small airports responsibility to provide it, at some expense to them. You also seem to be advocating for aircraft WIFI services, on short domestic flights, with low cost operators?  Well good luck with that idea.  When they do provide it , its expensive and unreliable.    

Krabi is a  popular destination for international travellers, particularly European and Arab Gulf visitors. It may surprise some to know that Krabi is an international airport. It has direct flights to  Emirates hub in Dubai, and Singapore's hub in Singapore.  There are also quick transfer connections in Bangkok. A person who is on a delayed flight and not using the benefit of a unified ticket, is out of luck if delayed as the final destination carrier is not obliged to accommodate that delayed passenger. The need to make alternative arrangements is the responsibility of the passenger, and it is best to act asap

Many visitors do not purchase a local SIM or phone service until they arrive at their destination so expecting them to have one in place before arrival is unreasonable. As well, roaming fees for some carriers are extortionate.

I am not arguing that Thai Lion should provide wifi. It does not advertise the availability on its domestic service. However, it is a reasonable expectation that an international airport , and one with a heavy tourist dependency, should have basic wifi service. Airlines have moved away from paper tickets and boarding passes to electronic options. Air Asia is  a prime example.

As a frequent flier in multiple foreign locations, I rely on airport wifi. Last December, my flight *A from Tokyo was delayed. I used the wifi at Narita. to establish a communications link with Air Asia. Had I been connecting to TG, I would have been taken care of, but  I  was on FD.  Needless to say, FD would not  allow me to take a later flight and I booked on Thai Lion. It issued a new ticket and boarding pass online. Without access to airport wif, I would have been stranded in BKK for a day.