News Forum - Deputy police chief Big Joke evades charges

Thaiger

A fresh summons notice is plastered on the door of Deputy National Police Chief Surachate Hakparn aka Big Joke’s residence. The embattled deputy finds himself at the centre of a money-laundering storm, with authorities hot on his trail. Big Joke’s former abode in a plush Bangkok neighbourhood became the scene of drama as officers from … …

The story Deputy police chief Big Joke evades charges as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

Evading is not  an appropriate term. He has made himself available to investigators. I don't know if he is guilty, but I do know he has a lot of political enemies because he got things done. This looks to me like a politically motivated settling of accounts.

• Like 1

I don't doubt for one minute that he is involved in some level of corruption as I believe it would have been impossible to remain and rise in the ranks of the corrupt RTP without also being corrupt.

• Like 2

Other platforms are reporting that Big Joke has gone on holiday with his family to the UK.

Has this news not reached Thaiger yet?

Just now, Ray said:

Other platforms are reporting that Big Joke has gone on holiday with his family to the UK.

You have to wait a couple of days, or several or all of them.  As an aggregator, the Thaiger is always a couple of steps behind, in more ways than one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ray said:

He must be a fan of  chills, dampness and rain as the south of England is not the ideal place to visit at this time. (I doubt he is visiting Wales, Northern Ireland and certainly not Scotland or Northern England which are miserable at this time of year.)   😇

8 hours ago, ChrisS said:

I don't doubt for one minute that he is involved in some level of corruption as I believe it would have been impossible to remain and rise in the ranks of the corrupt RTP without also being corrupt.

Why? Everywhere around the world regardless how deep the corruption is, there are always good straight people. "Impossible" in Thailand? Of course not, plenty of good straight people in Thailand like everywhere else. Extremely complicated, no doubt, this story shows exactly that. Let's not forget the drive-by shooting that targeted him back in January, obviously some would rather him gone, must be for "good" reasons too. Not easy indeed, but not impossible.

It only takes one bad deed to ruin a good name. From what I have read from fellow subscribers it would appear that the man has history. But this is Thailand, we can only watch and observe the ways of Thailand. Or is this a protégé of the Donald Trump, we wait.

• Confused 1

One is entitled to the presumption of innocence. To date, lots of innuendo and whispers, but nothing substantive. If there was, he would have been  removed  long ago.

12 hours ago, Manu said:

Everywhere around the world regardless how deep the corruption is, there are always good straight people. "Impossible" in Thailand? Of course not,

I agree I know many 'good straight' Thais, however I do not believe in an organisation so institutionally corrupt as the RTP someone could rise to this high level without any taint along the way.