What is the plan to Vaccinate Expats

Andrew Reeve

All I read about is questions about expats been eligible for the Covid-19 Vaccine in Thailand and it is becoming very frustrating as there is still no details (Dates and Times) and also no way to register for the injection.

With only 0.9% of the popn fully vaccinated, due to there being few, if any vaccines now available for further roll-out operations, I guess that explains there being no means of registering for vaccination currently, whether you're Thai or ex-pat.

A typically cynical-sounding view, admittedly, but I'm pretty sure it's based upon the reality of the Thai vaccine situation currently.

When seen against the worldwide fully-vaxed 4.3% stat, it's a wonder that Prayut and Anutin and whoever else may be involved in vaccine procurement can sleep at night. Utterly disgraceful for a so-called developing nation. Developing backwards, more like, at the moment.

• Cool 1

I've received the information from Swiss Embassy in Bangkok, that they are preparing to vaccinate all Swiss (expats and visitors). Whatever it means "preparing". Nothing concrete, no dates, places, etc. 

• Cool 1

You're right there, Lucjan. Preparing - like mulling - is one of those words that the Thai powers-that-be use, in the hope of sounding business-like . . . about as far-removed from concrete as you can get.

• 2 weeks later...

Been reading all of the different news outlets looking for updates in the last week as to when we can expect as an expat to get vaccinated, the answer is no update and no information.  This is turning into a horror show.

• Like 1

In my opinion, all Expats will be given vacinnations once they are available to be purchased in private hospitals. Exceptions will be places like Phuket where they must provide Expats jabs  in order to be able to receive tourists. Personally I would wait for a private hospital supply rather than join the massive queues waiting for a jab from a dubiously trained 'nurse aide'. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Andrew Reeve said:

AussieBob is there a fee to be paid if you opt for a private hospital for the vaccination?

I heard somewhere that one of the private hospitals said it will be 3000 Baht (for both jabs) - sounds about right.

Just heard on the Thaiger news that one privatre hospital has been given a royal excemption/permit by the King's Sister to import c=ovid vaccines.  The Minister didnt know about it, and the PM has said nothing. I would say that there is going to be in two options for Expats - wait wait wait - or pay a private hospital and get it quickly.

• Thanks 1