News Forum - British man throws glass at Thai woman in anger over dog barking

Thaiger

A Thai woman demanded a British man to apologise to her in public after he threw a glass at her in a fit of rage over a barking dog on Jomtien Beach in Pattaya on Saturday, March 2. The Thai victim, Amavalee Tongfark, took to Facebook to share the abusive behaviour of the Englishman, identified … …

The story British man throws glass at Thai woman in anger over dog barking as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Another barbaric act by irresponsible person who thinks he is great. Just give him maximum penalty and kick him out of the country. There are many such people who are in Thailand, disturbing the harmony of the country and bringing bad image for the good ones. What if the glass had cut her throat or sever cut on the veins leading to heavy loss of blood? or injured her eye? 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Another barbaric act by irresponsible person who thinks he is great. Just give him maximum penalty and kick him out of the country. There are many such people who are in Thailand, disturbing the harmony of the country and bringing bad image for the good ones. What if the glass had cut her throat or sever cut on the veins leading to heavy loss of blood? or injured her eye? 

Yes, and there have been many other Nationalities involved the Swiss one and yes a lot of the Thais  think we are the same and branded with the same brush and many are brilliant and bring up their wonderful Thai families.

Indeed this is difficult at times and even with one of our own family and certainly distant relatives.
Yes, we all have arguments and disagreements and this of course is natural but throwing glasses and carrying weapons is a no-go and kicking out at people.

Yes, there are confrontations with the locals but best not to get involved but just sometimes one has to say something, especially is something is wrong ie out of control so-called pets and mixing with the wild soi dogs but nothing ever done until a child and indeed adults get bitten.

Indeed many children and adults are very scared with total out-of-control pets and yes other things too but sometimes one has to say something or just ignore it but they honestly think it very funny i that they allow their so-called pets to bark and whine often for long periods during the night.

A difficult subject but often one does not say anything and certain people state that you did and darn right lies.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, john.west300 said:

they allow their so-called pets to bark and whine often for long periods during the night.

Animals are animals and humans are humans. It is because the animal is causing some nuisance, humans cannot change their character to be an animal....will it be the same if it is a crying baby that makes the noise? These barbarians are not fit to live in a country like Thailand. Better go back to their original barbaric country and wonder there like animals. 

Nationality is irrelevant. The drunk guy messed up. He offered an apology & money and that should be the end of it. That she uses the threat of court & public humiliation to extract more money is not surprising. I half expected to see her in a wheelchair sporting a full body cast adorned with links to her GoFundMe page. 

19 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Nationality is irrelevant. The drunk guy messed up. He offered an apology & money and that should be the end of it. That she uses the threat of court & public humiliation to extract more money is not surprising. I half expected to see her in a wheelchair sporting a full body cast adorned with links to her GoFundMe page. 

I don't know, if you are a visitor to a country and assault someone, you should be expelled 

Being a visitor is a privilege and it comes with responsibility 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I don't know, if you are a visitor to a country and assault someone, you should be expelled 

Being a visitor is a privilege and it comes with responsibility 

I hear you but the punishment should fit the crime. What if it was a Thai glass hurler? He cannot be expelled from Thailand but he can be “expelled” from Thai society. So would he go to jail for such a minor incident? No, he’d give a wai, pay some money and everyone moves on with their lives. 

The Video of him and the lady is on Pattaya 103.  Judging by this video, he comes across as  a monstrous dick. Besides, she looks very cute, so she gets my vote and this tosser needs to go to jail. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fanta said:

I hear you but the punishment should fit the crime. What if it was a Thai glass hurler? He cannot be expelled from Thailand but he can be “expelled” from Thai society. So would he go to jail for such a minor incident? No, he’d give a wai, pay some money and everyone moves on with their lives. 

What would be the end result if this happens in a developed country? It looks like many from the developed country is having a wrong perception about those in the developing coutry. May be due to financial situations many in Thailand see that as an avenue to get away with it with a $$$$ compromise. Will they accept money as a compensation if the affected party is a wealthy politicians daughter? For sure no. By now the foreigner might have lost his identity. So money is not an issue...all it matters is human nature and character which indicates his upbringing and family background. May be it is common in his family that his father have thrown everything towards his mother and eventually throw him also out of the house. So it is the character that differentiate a man from an animal. 

40 minutes ago, Fanta said:

I just think as a guest, you are held to a higher standard 

I've lived in Canada for 18 years and I was just on work permits until this year

If my wife and I broke the law, I'd have no issue with being asked to leave 

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, Ramanathan.P said:

What would be the end result if this happens in a developed country?

The same. He would go to court and the punishment would be financial. I’m not defending the twat, only saying don’t release the lynch mob for minor crimes. 

This vile human is known for hating dogs and has been hurting animals for a long time , he is a nasty person 

On 3/4/2024 at 3:55 AM, Ramanathan.P said:

A public service?

9 hours ago, Lara007 said:

This vile human is known for hating dogs and has been hurting animals for a long time , he is a nasty person 

Unless this is corroborated, one must take this with a grain of  salt.

• Like 1

"Unless this is corroborated, one must take this with a grain of  salt". Really!

So now youre suggesting that Lara is lying or loose with truth, despite you obviously not having any background knowledge of this unwarranted attack.

Did you watch the video of him swearing profusely at the Thai lady and anyone else in the vicinity?

Do you know him personally? If so can you vouch for him? 

This blatant assault happened in Bang Saray at a beachfront restaurant and the offender lives on the hillside. So hate to burst your bubble but he's well known for his hatred of dogs. Just ask his neighbours. 

14 hours ago, Mark1 said:

"Unless this is corroborated, one must take this with a grain of  salt". Really!

So now youre suggesting that Lara is lying or loose with truth, despite you obviously not having any background knowledge of this unwarranted attack.

Did you watch the video of him swearing profusely at the Thai lady and anyone else in the vicinity?

Do you know him personally? If so can you vouch for him? 

This blatant assault happened in Bang Saray at a beachfront restaurant and the offender lives on the hillside. So hate to burst your bubble but he's well known for his hatred of dogs. Just ask his neighbours. 

Online forums are used for settling of accounts and character assassination. I am well aware that there are far too many nasty people, both Thai and foreign, around. If the neighbors felt so strongly, have they previously taken action, or is this just the usual mob mentality so typical of this place. I am not defending the man and he may indeed be a reprehensible sort,  but an edited video and an absence of actual statements from people involved  doesn't help matters. The man seems to have apologized and offered to pay the complainant off but she wanted to make a scene.  If he is one of the ThaiVisaForum fellows who bragged about poisoning animals, I would be the first to join the pitchfork mob, but he is entitled to the presumption of innocence first. He may have just been the typical agitated constipated old fart from England.