News Forum - Beach blues: Thai woman assaulted by Swiss man in Phuket

Thaiger

A female doctor in Thailand is seeking justice after being attacked by a Swiss man for sitting on the staircase of his beachfront villa in Phuket. The foreign man is reported to be the owner of an elephant sanctuary with alleged connections with the high-ranking Thai police. The father of the victim, Chaiyachot Uttamang, took … …

The story Beach blues: Thai woman assaulted by Swiss man in Phuket as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Lots of fluff in the story. Was the person sitting on the staircase drunk or engaged in amorous activities with her companion? It is nice that  the person is a "doctor", but that doesn't mean the person can't misbehave. Has the  homeowner been bothered by trespassers in the past?

The trespass law will not be applied if a person is lost or has made a genuine error. I do see the sign that says no entry, so someone obviously screwed up. If the obese Swiss man attacked her without cause, I would expect he has some things going on and a good place to start looking is his "elephant sanctuary". Some of  these charities are covers for sketchy activity. As soon as I saw mention of a connection to the police, the red flag went up.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Thaiger said:
51 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Lots of fluff in the story. Was the person sitting on the staircase drunk or engaged in amorous activities with her companion? It is nice that  the person is a "doctor", but that doesn't mean the person can't misbehave. Has the  homeowner been bothered by trespassers in the past?

The trespass law will not be applied if a person is lost or has made a genuine error. I do see the sign that says no entry, so someone obviously screwed up. If the obese Swiss man attacked her without cause, I would expect he has some things going on and a good place to start looking is his "elephant sanctuary". Some of  these charities are covers for sketchy activity. As soon as I saw mention of a connection to the police, the red flag went up.

As you said, anyone can act up

But doesn't really fit the profile

A Doctor eating at a higher end restaurant usually don't fit the profile of loud drunks

And this guy sounds like a ratbag

What makes being a doctor exempt someone from misbehavior. The dr was trespassing and should have left immediately upon being told, and apologized. The dr’s father should also mind his one business since he wasn’t present.

Whatever the situation is.....it is really a pity to see that Thais don't have a say against farangs in their own country. Looks like influential Farangs and Chinese have an upper hand against local Thais. Well done Thailand

• Confused 1

Whatever the legal position, (and I do not believe even in Thailand a doctor would go to prison for merely sitting on some steps at the beach). What sort of scum excuse for a man attacks a woman for just sitting on the steps. I am sure that through his wife he has the police in his pocket (as seem evident by the police action at the scene). Such a shame that Thai 'justice' is based on money and influence.

Another example of a disgusting fat obnoxious Westerner abusing the laws of Thailand because he feels he is above the law. What type of man would "kick a woman in the back while sitting on stairs". Send this disgusting fat bastard back to he's homeland, he is obviously up to no good (Elephant sanctuary.... yeah right LOL!!). This sets an example for other, very stupid Westerners to follow suite. And let me tell you, Thailand is full of them. 

On 2/29/2024 at 1:10 PM, BJoe said:

What makes being a doctor exempt someone from misbehavior. The dr was trespassing and should have left immediately upon being told, and apologized. The dr’s father should also mind his one business since he wasn’t present.

But it appears the doctor wasn't trespassing.  Mr Farang and his Foul-Mouthed Thai wife built "their" stairs on public land, so the doctor wasn't trespassing on their land in the first place.

My wife was asking me if I knew about this story today, as we sat at the Land Office.  As is normal, I was the only farang there, and there were "mutterings", and the wife said that this story was stirring up some anti-farang sentiment.

Of course, they all seem to conveniently forget the shrew of a Thai wife and her threats and claims to be connected to the cops.  That's all normal, it seems...but that farang...that farang...that farang.

7 hours ago, MrStretch said:

But it appears the doctor wasn't trespassing.  Mr Farang and his Foul-Mouthed Thai wife built "their" stairs on public land, so the doctor wasn't trespassing on their land in the first place.

My wife was asking me if I knew about this story today, as we sat at the Land Office.  As is normal, I was the only farang there, and there were "mutterings", and the wife said that this story was stirring up some anti-farang sentiment.

Of course, they all seem to conveniently forget the shrew of a Thai wife and her threats and claims to be connected to the cops.  That's all normal, it seems...but that farang...that farang...that farang.

But that is the case anywhere in the world 

In the US right now people are freaking out by an illegal immigrant that killed a university student(rightfully so)

That same day a neo-Nazi citizen raped and killed a 10yr old girl and not much headlines at all