WARNING: If you are using the expatvac.consular.go.th website to register for vaccination, your name and email can be seen

NCC1701A

ok it looks like they fixed the bug in the website. 

seems to happen with many Thai government websites especially when they are new.  database was not restricted to public view.  25,486  compromised e-mails

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

ok it looks like they fixed the bug in the website. 

seems to happen with many Thai government websites especially when they are new.  database was not restricted to public view.  25,486  compromised e-mails

no they haven't, just tried again

More the passport data and other info, emails who cares.

Was the same last time around too (sadly).

I beat Richard to reporting it too ;)

Last time around you could see the passport details etc.  I didn't take too close a look at what I could see this time around, but I assume more of the same.

They don't check passed parameters, so likely more holes too.

1 minute ago, shanghailoz said:

Last time around you could see the passport details etc.  I didn't take too close a look at what I could see this time around, but I assume more of the same.

They don't check passed parameters, so likely more holes too.

They have fixed it this time as  you can not input any info anyway - problem solved

I am utterly shocked that over 20k persons have registered. I tried and have failed to get pass the entry of my email address.

First time around server error message

Second time this email is already in use

Third time invalid email address.

I must be doing something wrong 

Michael 

16 minutes ago, Machee said:

I am utterly shocked that over 20k persons have registered. I tried and have failed to get pass the entry of my email address.

First time around server error message

Second time this email is already in use

Third time invalid email address.

I must be doing something wrong 

Michael 

You'll need a couple of email addresses handy to register, if you get email blocked.

Once you get a winner, you'll get an email and can continue from the link on the email.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, shanghailoz said:

You'll need a couple of email addresses handy to register, if you get email blocked.

Once you get a winner, you'll get an email and can continue from the link on the email.

Thank you for the great advice. I had used both my regular accounts and that did not work. With your advice I created a new email account and that went through. Finally registered. I am not hopeful of an appointment any time soon as I am sure they will prioritize the dark red zones ahead of the smaller towns like Chiang Rai.

Once again Thank you.

Michael 

I guess that's one way of them being "transparent" of the registration process.

I saw the page with 25k emails and other details listed. I expect it will be for sale on the dark markets later today.

I feel sorry for the older foreigners that will fall victim of fraud and scams now.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, MikeT said:

I guess that's one way of them being "transparent" of the registration process.

I saw the page with 25k emails and other details listed. I expect it will be for sale on the dark markets later today.

I feel sorry for the older foreigners that will fall victim of fraud and scams now.

yes and for those here that think "who cares it's just my name and email" you are totally wrong. this new info from this site will be cross referenced with other leaked information which may create a complete profile of you patched together from across the web. your last name or some other info maybe that last piece they need.  

always use a burner email when dealing with Thai government. never include any part of your real name. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

yes and for those here that think "who cares it's just my name and email" you are totally wrong. this new info from this site will be cross referenced with other leaked information which may create a complete profile of you patched together from across the web. your last name or some other info maybe that last piece they need.  

always use a burner email when dealing with Thai government. never include any part of your real name. 

Another hint to avoid detection on Thai government sites is always to spell the American English way, if you can.  That way they will assume you are not English due to poor spelling ability or else suspect you may be a Thai English teacher using a pseudonym?

The worst part is that this website was promoted by UK and US embassy. None of them have made any attempt to notify people of the data leaks. 

Anyone with the list could now send emails or phone that list and claim to be from the government and make requests for more personal information.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Very True.  And if you lose that 'smart' phone it is much worse, if it gets into the hands of the wrong people. So many many things can be done with your personal info - example: 30 people on that Malaysian Airline flight that disappeared, were fake passports in real people's names. The best fake ID is one that passes first muster - the name and age and birthplace are correct.  Use your phone to access bank accounts or pay for things - then call the banks quickly if you lose it and hold the accounts - then get new ones. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Far easier to put a quiz up on fakebook with your band name is your mothers maiden name, your dogs name and your first schools name (or whatever questions you need for authing elsewhere).

name and email isn't helpful, for the effort needed.

Having the passport and other details however is useful, and is a far bigger risk.  

Not going to debate it further, but the value in a name, email is far less than you think.  People put that everywhere anyway.  Tying that data to passport info which then gives you dob, and id is much more interesting for nefarious uses.

This post for is those who do want to register but may be having issues. 

Step One:  Enter your email address.

When you hit Next, nothing happens. Intuitively you expect a next page or a message. None to be had here.

If you try an input your email again, it shows an invalid entry. In reality your email address was registered when you hit Next.

Step Two : Wait for an email from the server and from there you can complete your registration. 

PS The email may take a short lifetime to get to you. I got mine 6 hours later ! 

Good luck and stay safe.

Michael

1 minute ago, Changnam43 said:

I gave up on registering when I realised it would take over 700 mouse clicks to enter my date of birth.

Well I am just wondering if anyone has received an appointment yet outside of Bangkok ?