Covid UPDATE Sunday: 18,027 infections, expat vaccine registration

Thaiger

2 hours ago, EfHeston said:

Now I have run out of email addresses. there is no way to reenter the registration system to input my data and proceed with registration. 

Update 2 hours later, entered yet 6th new email address. This time, received acknowledgement and confirmation email requesting personal and medical data. Which I will input tomorrow after getting the requested "medical certificate" from my doc.

1 minute ago, Poolie said:

Ah right. No wonder no-one, or very few, understood it.

I would think most understood it as many have their own nicknames for these two.

17 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I would think most understood it as many have their own nicknames for these two.

If you say so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Unfortunately a lot of what you say is true.  But the end game scenario for the mob in Govt could be that their friends the CCP will step in and pay off the debts and make investments, in return for influence and control over Thailand.  With Myanmar falling apart and both Laos and Cambodia seriously struggling, the CCP could take over the entire region.  That is my biggest fear for the future. 

Well since the Thai-Chinese already own most of Thailand it would not much more than a change of the signage. Smart government would play off the US / India and China trying to keep them all happy whilst punting for Thailand's own interests. China's prize would be miltary access to Sattahip and other bases and joint exercises with the Thai military similar to what the US currently undertakes. 

When the virus subsides which it ultimately will China will no doubt allow it's citizens to holiday in friendly countries of which Thailand will be very top of the list whilst strongly discouraging or forbidding vacationing in 'hostile' countries. I can see the old figures of 10s of millions coming just not for a while yet. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EdwardV said:

Im looking forward to returning, but I have a hard time seeing the risk vs reward turning favorable this year.

Same here EdwardV. I have plans to spend time in the sandbox and then go elsewhere in Thailand for 4-6 months. As things stand it’s not only looking less inviting in the Sandbox, it’s also looking like a challenge to move freely around the country. If it get later than October before things improve, then I’ll put my plans back until Feb 2022 at the earliest. 

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Well since the Thai-Chinese already own most of Thailand it would not much more than a change of the signage. Smart government would play off the US / India and China trying to keep them all happy whilst punting for Thailand's own interests. China's prize would be miltary access to Sattahip and other bases and joint exercises with the Thai military similar to what the US currently undertakes. 

When the virus subsides which it ultimately will China will no doubt allow it's citizens to holiday in friendly countries of which Thailand will be very top of the list whilst strongly discouraging or forbidding vacationing in 'hostile' countries. I can see the old figures of 10s of millions coming just not for a while yet. 

Yes - on both counts @billybob. The CCP would love to engage militarily with Thailand, and the CCP will use their massive tourism for the benefit of countries they wish to influence (control). Make no mistake, the CCP approves all overseas travel - including when and where - for the vast majority of Chinese tourists.

Is escaping ChiangMai to BKK airport via taxi the only option ....? I have someone to share it ...but them my thai friend tells me there is a train ? 

Very little info from all sides Thai Us Uk government. 

Hi Tim and Team,

Could you please help settle a daily dispute between "she who must be obeyed" and me. She's claiming new cases today in Nakhon Ratchasima of more than 422, more than double your source. She quotes Korat Government, I tell her your source is CCSA, more accurate. This argument occurs daily. Does the National Government have a fake news issue with Korat Government?

46 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Yes - on both counts @billybob. The CCP would love to engage militarily with Thailand, and the CCP will use their massive tourism for the benefit of countries they wish to influence (control). Make no mistake, the CCP approves all overseas travel - including when and where - for the vast majority of Chinese tourists.

Really? You actually believe that?

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

Really? You actually believe that?

Other than a small minority, Chinese citizens have to apply to go on an overseas holiday. Fact.

4 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Other than a small minority, Chinese citizens have to apply to go on an overseas holiday. Fact.

Not to my knowledge. Apply to who?

23 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Not to my knowledge. Apply to who?

The CCP of course.  This below is a small part of the process - but dont bother applying if you have been 'monitored' for activity not conducive to the betterment of the Chinese People (as determined by the CCP). But I do understand - If you try to google this information you will not get much.

Article 12 Under any of the following circumstances, Chinese citizens are not allowed to exit China:

(1) Hold no valid exit/entry documents, or refuse or evade border inspection;

(2) Are sentenced to criminal punishments, the execution of which have not been completed, or are suspects or defendants in criminal cases;

(3) Are involved in unsettled civil cases and not allowed to exit China upon decision of the people's courts;

(4) Are subject to criminal punishment for impairing border administration, or are repatriated by other countries or regions due to illegal exit from China, illegal residence or illegal employment, and the No-Exit-from-China period has not expired;

(5) May endanger national security or interests, and are not allowed to exit China upon decision by competent departments under the State Council; or

(6) Other circumstances in which exit from China is not allowed in accordance with laws or administrative regulations.

China has also banned foreigners from leaving, with no reasons given and no process of appeal or dispute. This has happened to many Australians and citizens of many other countries.  If you think China is as open and honets and free as they claim - you are very much mistaken.  But dont take my word for it - go there and take a look - after Covid of course - and stay as long as you like (maybe longer).  

27 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

The CCP of course.  This below is a small part of the process - but dont bother applying if you have been 'monitored' for activity not conducive to the betterment of the Chinese People (as determined by the CCP). But I do understand - If you try to google this information you will not get much.

Article 12 Under any of the following circumstances, Chinese citizens are not allowed to exit China:

(1) Hold no valid exit/entry documents, or refuse or evade border inspection;

(2) Are sentenced to criminal punishments, the execution of which have not been completed, or are suspects or defendants in criminal cases;

(3) Are involved in unsettled civil cases and not allowed to exit China upon decision of the people's courts;

(4) Are subject to criminal punishment for impairing border administration, or are repatriated by other countries or regions due to illegal exit from China, illegal residence or illegal employment, and the No-Exit-from-China period has not expired;

(5) May endanger national security or interests, and are not allowed to exit China upon decision by competent departments under the State Council; or

(6) Other circumstances in which exit from China is not allowed in accordance with laws or administrative regulations.

China has also banned foreigners from leaving, with no reasons given and no process of appeal or dispute. This has happened to many Australians and citizens of many other countries.  If you think China is as open and honets and free as they claim - you are very much mistaken.  But dont take my word for it - go there and take a look - after Covid of course - and stay as long as you like (maybe longer).  

None of that says that Chinese people have to register to go on holiday. They just dont let their bad people out. 

I've had a Chinese wife for 17 years, it could be said that she, and consequently I, have got one finger on the pulse. I've never had difficulty entering or leaving in all that time except now for obvious reasons. Thanks for your perspective.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Poolie said:

None of that says that Chinese people have to register to go on holiday. They just dont let their bad people out. 

I've had a Chinese wife for 17 years, it could be said that she, and consequently I, have got one finger on the pulse. I've never had difficulty entering or leaving in all that time except now for obvious reasons. Thanks for your perspective.

Think nothing of it. Happy to help members of the CCP find another perspective at any time. 

16 minutes ago, Bobby2021 said:

Once again, they could not make a simple registration website. The digital capital of Asia f.. up again

Digital HUB Bobby - Digital HUB !!  

7 hours ago, gummy said:

Well of course everyone on here will believe you because simply put, you could not possibly have had time to those things as you were fully occupied travelling everywhere in Thailand. So no apart from overdosing on your exaggeration medicine at breakfast as I suggested earlier it also seems like you forgot your anti delusional tablets also ?

I guess you not even know how to spell your username 'gummy had to be 'dummy' right?

7 hours ago, Benroon said:

It will already have registered you else how would it be aware of your email on your second attempt? 

The internal error message is clearly incorrect or relates to an issue maybe sending you a message after your email address was logged 

Is just the system bad configured, it recorded the email but did not send put the confirmation email.. I tried it 3 times and was ok, this afternoon I got all other confirmation emails of 2 other I tried to register with