Covid UPDATE Sunday: 18,027 infections, expat vaccine registration

Thaiger

53 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Ahhh come on, that can't be right. We all know it is Bozo breath and side-kick monkey boy of the Ministry of Health who see and know all telling us the real facts.

???????

Anybody got any idea what this means?

30 minutes ago, Ukmitch said:

The registration link doesn’t work, after email input it says this email is already taken. Also the date says Monday 1st August but today is 1st and it’s Sunday!

is because it went wrong probably 1 time so take a new email address if it succeed you will get a confirmation email from them in your email i had to use 3 different emails before i finally got into it

either way this is a step (hopefully) forwards at least we had the opportunity to register for a vaccine, it does not say which vaccine like in previous registration processes, however i do know i will never take the astraze.. (no idea how you write it lol) vaccine... i already have enough with my diabetic problem i do not need blood cloths and stuff like that

either way good luck with the registration is like an Isaan road full of craters lol

14333208_978372188956427_4077489498847576187_n.jpg

Edited by Paco
  • Like 2

Tried to register at https://expatvac.consular.go.th/

First step is to enter your email and press "next". Did that and got: "Error (#476" - An internal server error occured.)

After that - tried one more time, but now being informed that my email address has already been taken!

OMG! Have they even done some basic sanity check of this system??? It is unbelievable that they launch a system that appear not to have be even tested for basic use cases. But I am not surprised. This is the quality level that they apparently find acceptable

1 minute ago, Paco said:

either way this is a step (hopefully) forwards at least we had the opportunity to register for a vaccine, it does not say which vaccine like in previous registration processes, however i do know i will never take the astraze.. (no idea how you write it lol) vaccine... i already have enough with my diabetic problem i do not need blood cloths and stuff like that

either way good luck with the registration is like an Isaan road full of craters lol

Clearly you have not travelled much if you think it is only Issan roads full of craters, 

2 minutes ago, RayOD said:

Tried to register at https://expatvac.consular.go.th/

First step is to enter your email and press "next". Did that and got: "Error (#476" - An internal server error occured.)

After that - tried one more time, but now being informed that my email address has already been taken!

OMG! Have they even done some basic sanity check of this system??? It is unbelievable that they launch a system that appear not to have be even tested for basic use cases. But I am not surprised. This is the quality level that they apparently find acceptable

keep on trying until you get an automatic email from the system

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gummy said:

Clearly you have not travelled much if you think it is only Issan roads full of craters, 

i do not say only isaan road i just gave an example  555, i have been everywhere in Thailand just isaan is one of my favorite places

Edited by Paco

1 minute ago, Paco said:

i do not say only isaan road i just gave an example  555, i have been everywhere in Thailand just isaan is one of my favorite places

You are the first person I have heard of that claims they have been everywhere in Thailand, That's some feat considering there are 462,133 roads, there are 69.866 villages and  147 national parks. 

I tried to register for the vaccine. As usual is went belly up. I filled in my email. Then it said error. Then I tried again and got the message that my email was already in use. You couldn't dream it up.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Viruses behave in the long-term best-interest of their genetic material. If a virus is highly deadly, say Ebola, but easy to avoid being a victim - don't butcher monkeys, don't let Auntie sneeze blood on you - your assumption holds. If the virus is hard to transmit (like flu with R0=1.8) and does not have a host reservoir in people (like flu) then every year is a crapshoot, deathwise. Bird flu, swine flu, whatever it changes every year. BUT, if you have a pathogen that has established humans as a host reservoir (as COVID has done), is very easily transmissible (COVID), AND can be transmitted pre-symptomatically (COVID again), then evolution doesn't care if it kills the host because the genes have already been passed on to the future. It's entirely possible that SARS-CoV-2 could throw a highly contagious and highly infectious variant and not affect its evolutionary prospects a bit.

What has impressed me is the speed at which new variants of COVID are taking over. The first mutation that swept through Italy and New York went global. Alpha - global. Delta - global. That's basically three separate pandemics in the past two years. Given the timing so far, the next variant of concern is already out there. Crazy stuff, this.

Crazy stuff indeed - it is not behaving like any other previous virus. Some say because it was man made, but some say it was just a case of 'unlucky'.  I can tell you this - we are in serious trouble if the dead start walking and biting people. 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Bobby2021 said:

I tried to register for the vaccine. As usual is went belly up. I filled in my email. Then it said error. Then I tried again and got the message that my email was already in use. You couldn't dream it up.

Sounds like the system was built by the same people that did the online 90 day reporting system ?

• Haha 2

Just now, AussieBob said:

Crazy stuff indeed - it is not behaving like any other previous virus. Some say because it was man made, but some say it was just a case of 'unlucky'.  I can tell you this - we are in serious trouble if the dead start walking and biting people. 

Some would say they have already, disguised as politicians in the main

10 minutes ago, gummy said:

You are the first person I have heard of that claims they have been everywhere in Thailand, That's some feat considering there are 462,133 roads, there are 69.866 villages and  147 national parks. 

well i live already in Thailand 18+ years, so maybe i passed them all

1 minute ago, Paco said:

well i live already in Thailand 18+ years, so maybe i passed them all

So now its just a maybe.? Me think you overdosed on your exaggeration pills this morning for breakfast. 

Cases continue to rise, despite the millions being put out of work, due to a shutdown of their businesses. It does not appear to be working? Why? Too many mistakes made. Let the factories continue to produce clusters. Warn the construction workers a week in advance, and let them fan out all over the country spreading Covid. Jabber about the all powerful army manning the roadblocks, then barely a roadblock in sight. Just more BS.

No question, with the exception of some infrastructure, Thailand has been moving backwards for the past decade. On nearly every level. It did have a good run. Those days are behind it. So much self sabotage has been inflicted on this rather resilient nation, it would be a near impossibility for it to pull itself out of the abyss, shake off the molasses, and move forward. 

A very dynamic leader like Thanathorn would at least give the nation a chance at having a future. The current creeps do not. 

Japanese companies are relocating. Despite the constant lies, foreign investment is way down. Billions have been taken out of the economy by foreign investors, who have lost all confidence in Thailand. 

I understand why nearly a million youth are on FB, trying to figure out a way out. The future must look very bleak to them. 

For many of us, who are fortunate enough to not have a business here, and have income from overseas, things are simpler, and less complicated. All we have to do is deal with the continuous daily drivel of these goons in charge. 

Prayuth, Anutin and Phiphat could not have done a better job of sabotaging the vital tourism industry, if they were actually trying to do so. If anyone did not see the reasons to oust these guys before, the vaccination drive alone is all the indictment the nation needs. Tourism here is essentially over, as a livelihood. Too many mistakes have been made. Too many opportunities lost. Trillions of dollars in infrastructure down the drain. This will likely be a five year shake out. Or longer. The financial devastation to the economy here is far worse than the 1997 crash. And it will be sustained. Massive unemployment. Millions are out of work. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, gummy said:

So now its just a maybe.? Me think you overdosed on your exaggeration pills this morning for breakfast. 

i just did not count them buddy, i am not one of these people that only sit in a bar every day in and out looking at some girls, (and jerking themself off at home, 555) to spend their time until they die. all these things the really 'old' people do i did when i was 18 years old, older people could not do these things in their time so i can understand they do it now, but it is plain boring to be honest in my opinion. seems most of the people rather engage with (money) robots and i do not have anything regarding prostitutes, many of my friends are, but i helped them move on in life and so they did.... listen to a life story of one of these girls is a lot nicer then drinking a beer day in and out

Edited by Paco
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

Cases continue to rise, despite the millions being put out of work, due to a shutdown of their businesses. It does not appear to be working? Why? Too many mistakes made. Let the factories continue to produce clusters. Warn the construction workers a week in advance, and let them fan out all over the country spreading Covid. Jabber about the all powerful army manning the roadblocks, then barely a roadblock in sight. Just more BS.

No question, with the exception of some infrastructure, Thailand has been moving backwards for the past decade. On nearly every level. It did have a good run. Those days are behind it. So much self sabotage has been inflicted on this rather resilient nation, it would be a near impossibility for it to pull itself out of the abyss, shake off the molasses, and move forward. 

A very dynamic leader like Thanathorn would at least give the nation a chance at having a future. The current creeps do not. 

Japanese companies are relocating. Despite the constant lies, foreign investment is way down. Billions have been taken out of the economy by foreign investors, who have lost all confidence in Thailand. 

I understand why nearly a million youth are on FB, trying to figure out a way out. The future must look very bleak to them. 
For many of us, who are fortunate enough to not have a business here, and have income from overseas, things are simpler, and less complicated. All we have to do is deal with the continuous daily drivel of these goons in charge. 

Prayuth, Anutin and Phiphat could not have done a better job of sabotaging the vital tourism industry, if they were actually trying to do so. If anyone did not see the reasons to oust these guys before, the vaccination drive alone is all the indictment the nation needs. Tourism here is essentially over, as a livelihood. Too many mistakes have been made. Too many opportunities lost. Trillions of dollars in infrastructure down the drain. This will likely be a five year shake out. Or longer. The financial devastation to the economy here is far worse than the 1997 crash. And it will be sustained. Massive unemployment. Millions are out of work. 

Unfortunately a lot of what you say is true.  But the end game scenario for the mob in Govt could be that their friends the CCP will step in and pay off the debts and make investments, in return for influence and control over Thailand.  With Myanmar falling apart and both Laos and Cambodia seriously struggling, the CCP could take over the entire region.  That is my biggest fear for the future. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Paco said:

i just did not count them buddy, i am not one of these people that only sit in a bar every day in and out looking at some girls, (and jerking themself off at home, 555) to spend their time until they die. all these things the really 'old' people do i did when i was 18 years old, older people could not do these things in their time so i can understand they do it now, but it is plain boring to be honest in my opinion. seems most of the people rather engage with (money) robots and i do not have anything regarding prostitutes, many of my friends are, but i helped them move on in life and so they did.... listen to a life story of one of these girls is a lot nicer then drinking a beer day in and out

Well of course everyone on here will believe you because simply put, you could not possibly have had time to those things as you were fully occupied travelling everywhere in Thailand. So no apart from overdosing on your exaggeration medicine at breakfast as I suggested earlier it also seems like you forgot your anti delusional tablets also ?

1 hour ago, waverunner_69 said:

Tried to register with email address then got an error code, so tried again with same email system states email is registered, so no idea... looks liked system crashed. 

Seems alot of things don't work well.

2 hours ago, Paco said:

Error (#476)

An internal server error occurred.

The above error occurred while the Web server was processing your request.

Please contact us if you think this is a server error. Thank you.

and secure server not working, man is it that difficult, could better hire me to fix this lol

i came to enter your email so i did, then this error came try to reload and type in my email again he says already registered, i am not sure or there are more steps but i am running out of emails lol

It will already have registered you else how would it be aware of your email on your second attempt? 

The internal error message is clearly incorrect or relates to an issue maybe sending you a message after your email address was logged 

1 hour ago, HuaHinHappy said:

I suggest you  have a good look at Thailand's tourism demographic. TATs darlings were the Chinese and they were typically middle aged or older.  No one is coming from China.  The sweet spot are the retirees from nordic countries. They are pure profit and they are not coming back this year.

This has nothing to do with anything. There have been zero Chinese tourists so none of them have been scared away by the recent surge of Thai infections. Chinese aren't coming because they are facing strict quarantine measures back home.

1 hour ago, HuaHinHappy said:

The German experience is not comparable because; Germany experienced the original variant which was less contagious and less lethal than the deadly Delta variant. Germany had a well capitalized,  staffed modern health network. No one was left to die as occurred in Italy, the USA or Canada. Germany managed well with its medicine supply. Thailand doesn't have the health care capability. yada yada yada yada

You are rambling. I said the numbers in Thailand right now are very similar to what they have been in Europe. European people have seen through the similar conditions and they know there's nothing to worry about.

The primary concern right now is again practical one: Thailand was recently dropped off the list of "safe countries" and therefore travellers returning home might be facing quarantine measures after their trip.