Any other Thai chefs/cooks/foodies here?

ThaiFoodGuy

44 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

That got cheese also?

I am pretty sure that it had....... it was a couple of weeks ago and the bar/restaurant is closed now (stock photo from Zoo bar in Bang Saray).

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 6:53 AM, ThaiFoodGuy said:

I'm Canadian and live in Canada, and I own a Thai food business, and I try to learn and experiment as much as I can, while also trying to preserve the history or origins of dishes I make.

Do you follow Pai's YouTube channel? She's in Vancouver. https://hot-thai-kitchen.com/about/

Edit: I just noticed her cookbook on your shelf. :-)

Edited by SomTum
Noticed something...

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 10:53 PM, ThaiFoodGuy said:

Just checking if anyone else has a passion for Thai food, regardless of living in Thailand? I'm Canadian and live in Canada, and I own a Thai food business, and I try to learn and experiment as much as I can, while also trying to preserve the history or origins of dishes I make.

I've got a pretty extensive collection of Thai cookbooks as well!

For me, one of the dishes I miss the most and it encapsulates what I love about simple Thai food done perfectly, is a delicious bowl of Khao Tom or Jok. As easy as it would be for me to recreate, nothing is quite like eating some Khao Tom Pla or Moo in a little stall or restaurant with a shitty plastic chair and a dirty bottle of white pepper always within reach. I love it and miss it dearly.

image0.jpeg

Wow, nice book collection!

On 7/29/2021 at 10:53 PM, ThaiFoodGuy said:

Just checking if anyone else has a passion for Thai food, regardless of living in Thailand? I'm Canadian and live in Canada, and I own a Thai food business, and I try to learn and experiment as much as I can, while also trying to preserve the history or origins of dishes I make.

I've got a pretty extensive collection of Thai cookbooks as well!

For me, one of the dishes I miss the most and it encapsulates what I love about simple Thai food done perfectly, is a delicious bowl of Khao Tom or Jok. As easy as it would be for me to recreate, nothing is quite like eating some Khao Tom Pla or Moo in a little stall or restaurant with a shitty plastic chair and a dirty bottle of white pepper always within reach. I love it and miss it dearly.

image0.jpeg

Hello ThaiFoodGuy, I love your books! I have to order some ingredients online, can’t get them in the supermarket. 

It’s great that you are in Canada but still cooking Thai dishes. 

23 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

I have to order some ingredients online, can’t get them in the supermarket.

Are you in Canada too? I know of a few places online that have some great ingredients but I have an Asian grocery supplier here in Ottawa who can get literally anything I need for Thai food ingredients :p

18 minutes ago, ThaiFoodGuy said:

Are you in Canada too? I know of a few places online that have some great ingredients but I have an Asian grocery supplier here in Ottawa who can get literally anything I need for Thai food ingredients :p

No, but I think it’s hard in all countries. Outside Thailand. It’s really great that you find a way.

i went to some other countries, always surprised Thai ingredients are difficult. It’s a major food of the world.

• Like 1