News Forum - Thailand’s tourism revenue falls short of annual target

Thaiger

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

Phil is Dangerous , Difficult, Done I reckon. Had a wonderful Phil Girl but couldn’t stand the place.

All types of Thai Visa are more difficult these days. Your 30 day Visa Exempt is Extendable to 45 Days.

Then a quick weekend or one day visa run flight to say Penang gives another 45 days. Might be easier there than in West to also do a 60-90 day Tourist Visa over that weekend at Thai Consulate ?

15 day extensions in fact 30 day ! so little point in Tourist Visa unless six months which existed pre - Covid.

On 12/8/2023 at 3:34 AM, Viggen840 said:

Could it possibly be something as simple as feedback from tourists to their friends and mentioning their first impression of landing... at an airport with fellow passengers crammed like cattle in a pen waiting to be processed through immigration by surly officers and half the kiosks empty?

Surely not, could it?

Depends on the time of day. If a planeload of  Chinese or Indians land and are in front of you, then yes it is a visit to Hades.

1 hour ago, yselmike said:

I'm over 70 so I get fast track.

I had forgotten about that. I am not quite there yet, although it's not so far off. 

2 hours ago, Grumpish said:

I had forgotten about that. I am not quite there yet, although it's not so far off. 

They check my age in my passport and it's minutes.The only downside is the extra wait time for my bag.I will take my time the next trip no point in rushing when there's no one in front of you.

9 hours ago, Grumpish said:

Or cough up for a seat at the pointy end of the plane. Doesn't get you the golf buggy, but it does get you the fast track.

If you are at the very, pointy, drivers end, and dressed in a nice uniform, surrounded by slim beauties,  you seem get no trouble at all. 😆

46 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

If you are at the very, pointy, drivers end, and dressed in a nice uniform, surrounded by slim beauties,  you seem get no trouble at all. 😆

True, Back when I worked for BA, especially when it was duty travel, I could get away with a lot.

• Like 1