Didn't We Have a Lovely Time..........The Day(s) We Went to Bangkok

Chaimai

With apologies to Fiddlers Dram.

It all started last Friday.

Well, actually, it started last Thursday when a Canadian friend aged 78 went to Bang Sue to get vaccinated. He reported back to other Canadian friends (aged early 70's) that they were vaccinating people of all ages.

On the strength of that 4 of us went to Bangkok from Bang Saray (160 km each way). An Englishman (me 65), a Scotsman (who I thought was 75 but was only 73) and the 2 Canadians. Whilst I wasn't 100% convinced that our plan would work but I was relying on (1) the Scotsman meeting walk in age criteria and me being his companion, (2) the Thai well known characteristic of not creating a fuss. I thought that once we were in, we would not get turned away.

Wrong!  We were turned away; toyed with in some respects because we got through the first 2 sets of queues and even had our blood pressure taken. It was only when we were filling in a form that a lady approached and advised that they would not be able to vaccinate all and sundry; vaccines were limited in supply and they were reserved for the over 75's and those who had made an appointment. She even referred to a doctor to ask if they could squeeze us in....NO!

I decided to dump my pals and construct my own cunning plan.

This was simply to take the ladies advice and book online for the over 60's:-

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf_M5LMBUrxjtqtiRjp0dmtAgXHxrOBYN5T__fj_wuUPwen9A/viewform?fbclid=IwAR0-moVlPRWVY15o5nlORnR8CR5G0j0I9HQZoKX4oUvSLZxjG4_PIu3WusE

I did that on Saturday. Unfortunately, the form only allows for Bangkokians and those in the surrounding provinces. I pinned my hope on the fact that this was her recommendation (she knew we had traveled from Chonburi). I just had to lie on the registration form by ticking Bangkok as my Province of residence. My chums, understandably, thought this was too risky - and 'not cricket'.

Nowhere is it mentioned that you are required to evidence your place of residence. Nonetheless, I took the address and details for a hotel/apartment complex in Lad Krabang and was prepared to declare this as my residence. I had already figured out that it would be impossible to address verify the tens of thousands of people passing through Bang Sue station every day.

On Sunday I was notified of an appointment for 4pm toady. I planned to arrive an hour early to beat the rush (ha ha) and walked out of the nearby MRT station at 3.14. The queues were horrendous but hey, this is Thailand, and I thought if the Thais have got the patience to go through this, so have I. I think there were 6 queues that I went through; that is I queued to get into one area, then queued to get into another, then another etc. 

I got through the blood pressure check and walked off with my form to complete (and queue up to hand in at another desk). Eventually, I got to a desk that I quickly realised was the final hurdle and after a slight hiccup (where they seemed to think I was registered already) I got my printed form with the second jab date on and I knew I was home and dry........ after 2 more sets of queues I received my Astra-Zeneca jab at 6.19 pm...............

BTS, Airport Link, car .... home by 9  pm......... knackered, but quietly satisfied that I had achieved what I wanted to do.

Edited by Chaimai

9 hours ago, Chaimai said:

Nowhere that I queued looked like those pictures.

Orderly, single-file, occasionally seated rows.

Wasn't that picture the queues for free Lao Khao ?

Thank you for your report. More evidence that can be used in the court trial against Prayuth and Anutin, when the time comes to try them for treason, sedition, and willful neglect of the people.

The men who are bringing unhappiness to Thailand deserve punishment. 

1 minute ago, dmacarelli said:

Thank you for your report. More evidence that can be used in the court trial against Prayuth and Anutin, when the time comes to try them for treason, sedition, and willful neglect of the people.

The men who are bringing unhappiness to Thailand deserve punishment. 

Yada, yada, yada...