Jump to content

Health Ministry insists donated Pfizer doses will go to medical workers first, not VIPs


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Thailand’s Health Ministry has dismissed rumours that healthcare workers will get just 200,000 of the 1.5 million Pfizer doses donated by the US. Rungrueng Kijphati says 500,000 doses are being reserved as booster shots for the country’s healthcare workers. He says doses are expected to arrive later this month and administration will begin in August. “It is not true that some of the Pfizer vaccine are earmarked for VIPs. The vaccines are for health workers and at-risk groups. VIPs are not a priority.” Rungrueng was responding to allegations made by a cardiologist from the Faculty of Medicine at Chiang Mai […]

The post Health Ministry insists donated Pfizer doses will go to medical workers first, not VIPs appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Meanwhile, calls are mounting for the government to provide full disclosure of its vaccine import efforts

'government'   'full disclosure'     I see that's today's oxymoron.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I see articles like this, I sprinkle it on my tomato plants and they grow better.

Edited by HappyExpat
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, HappyExpat said:

Are their calculators broken or is there a "one in five" failure rate of doses? Wouldn't you think giving 250,000 initial doses, then the other 250,000, all to deserving healthcare workers, would be a best use plan?

As with virtually most things the government do here, none of it adds up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

He says ... “It is not true that some of the Pfizer vaccine are earmarked for VIPs. The vaccines are for health workers and at-risk groups. VIPs are not a priority.” 

Just as it should be.

24 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Rungrueng Kijphati says 500,000 doses are being reserved as booster shots for the country’s healthcare workers

Splendid ... so only a million of the one  and a half million doses are for VIPs?

? ? ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No amount of disclosure will do anything to "restore public confidence". This junta has lied, obfuscated, passed the blame, and generally done everything to muddy the waters for over a year. The public are utterly sick of this crowd of charlatans starting with the Covid Czar at the top and one way or another they will extricate this country from their control. Thailand has receded 50 years in the last two into a chaotic mess of vested interests grabbing anything and everything for their own individual benefit at the cost of the lives and livelihoods of the majority. This period will go down in history as the worst of the modern era.

  • Like 3
  • Cool 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah yeah, and the people are supposed to believe this, daily lies and the government still thinks they can get away with it.

TIT.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Pompies said:

Thailand has receded 50 years in the last two into a chaotic mess of vested interests grabbing anything and everything for their own individual benefit at the cost of the lives and livelihoods of the majority. 

Only 50?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Pompies said:

No amount of disclosure will do anything to "restore public confidence". This junta has lied, obfuscated, passed the blame, and generally done everything to muddy the waters for over a year. The public are utterly sick of this crowd of charlatans starting with the Covid Czar at the top and one way or another they will extricate this country from their control. Thailand has receded 50 years in the last two into a chaotic mess of vested interests grabbing anything and everything for their own individual benefit at the cost of the lives and livelihoods of the majority. This period will go down in history as the worst of the modern era.

Well when you consider who is leading the sloopy slide to chaos then it is hardly surprising.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

I just read news from NZ that Phizer shot makes boobs bigger. I think government should reconsider an allocation 

How can the become a bigger boob?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If that goes to the Hi So's then the USA should be extremely mad. Me as an American too, but pretty hard to disgust me any more than am already.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

I just read news from NZ that Phizer shot makes boobs bigger. I think government should reconsider an allocation 

Ah, so that's why you need two shots - I each?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tornado said:

That's not what happened in most countries. In some countries the VIP's maids got vaccinated before over 60's etc, just saying.

And it will be no different here as this government makes the Nigeria email scammers look like angels

Link to comment
Share on other sites

“It is not true that some of the Pfizer vaccine are earmarked for VIPs. The vaccines are for health workers and at-risk groups. VIPs are not a priority.”

 

RED=LIE

at risk groups yeah proof that i am at risk i  am diabetic give me one of these shots, either way every one is at risk... so it is nonsense to place people in groups, because if i live on an island alone and i am over 60 am i ast risk? bno i am not if i am 30 and i am in the middle of bangkok am i more at risk?

 

by the way this clown of a minister really i have less respect for him then an ant, after the first words that came out of his garbage mount that fallang is dirty, i am like an elephant i never forget.. this guy you can not trust a word anyway like the rest of these clown NOT TRUSTWORTHY EVER

Edited by Paco
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 1

      News Forum - Bangkok to speed up removal of illegal canal structures

    2. 65
    3. 1

      News Forum - Bus fare collector dies in tragic motorcycle crash in Bangkok

    4. 18

      Wise demanding detailed personal and financial information

    5. 18

      Wise demanding detailed personal and financial information

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use