English Premier League 2021/2022 Season

Lowseasonlover

4 minutes ago, gummy said:

You worked there ? My eldest daughter still lives there and goes to most home games.

Worked there 1977 - 1984.

Moved to Ipswich in 1985.

1 minute ago, Chaimai said:

Worked there 1977 - 1984.

Moved to Ipswich in 1985.

I come from just over the "border" in Suffolk but went to Norwich College 1964 - 67 but Norwich was always that bit closer than Ipswich hence my support for Norwich City. Pleasant memories

23 hours ago, snapdragon said:

The Spurs' double-winning team of that time only used 16 players (??) in the whole season.

Brown, Hollowbread, Henry, Baker, Saul, Marchi, Norman, McKay, Blanchflower, Medwin, Jones, Dyson, Smith, Allen, White. One more; can't remember. Was it Dunmore?

Couldn't recall so looked it up. The American Dave Dunmore, didn't join Spurs til later in the 60s.

There were 17 (not 16 as I said) players used during Spurs double winning season. The two I didn't get were Ken Barton, who played one game in defence, and John Smith, who played one game in attack.

23 hours ago, snapdragon said:
20 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

They had Willie Morgan

I think Willy Morgan joined Burnley after the club's glory spell.

========================

Can't keep Spurs down; especially after their win last evening. Another pic of the lovely Jane. She had a positive effect on the players; they won the game 5-1.

1442568187_jayneagain.jpg.515639ab128fa42ff017ac9dcca5c288.jpg

Edited by snapdragon
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, gummy said:

I come from just over the "border" in Suffolk but went to Norwich College 1964 - 67 but Norwich was always that bit closer than Ipswich hence my support for Norwich City. Pleasant memories

Whereabouts were you Gummy? 

Interesting places around that border..... Diss, Norfolk with an IP post code, Lowestoft, Suffolk with a NR postcode. Have family in Pulham Market and enjoyed many happy days golfing at Beccles, Bungay etc.

12 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Whereabouts were you Gummy? 

Interesting places around that border..... Diss, Norfolk with an IP post code, Lowestoft, Suffolk with a NR postcode. Have family in Pulham Market and enjoyed many happy days golfing at Beccles, Bungay etc.

The home of the "Trawler Boys"

2 hours ago, snapdragon said:

Couldn't recall so looked it up. The American Dave Dunmore, didn't join Spurs til later in the 60s.

There were 17 (not 16 as I said) players used during Spurs double winning season. The two I didn't get were Ken Barton, who played one game in defence, and John Smith, who played one game in attack.

I think Willy Morgan joined Burnley after the club's glory spell.

========================

Can't keep Spurs down; especially after their win last evening. Another pic of the lovely Jane. She had a positive effect on the players; they won the game 5-1.

1442568187_jayneagain.jpg.515639ab128fa42ff017ac9dcca5c288.jpg

A winger, Morgan started his career with Burnley, making his first-team debut against Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough in 1963.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 7:49 AM, Lowseasonlover said:

Let us know which Team you follow, I am a Manchester United fan 

Wolverhampton Wanderers!

"Wolves Aye We"  as we say in Dudley

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

39 minutes ago, poohy said:

Wolverhampton Wanderers!

Duncan Edwards although born in Brierly hill was buried in Dudley

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, poohy said:

Wolverhampton Wanderers!

They had one of the greatest managers in Stan Cullis.

Man of principle.

• Like 2

On 8/4/2021 at 12:17 AM, Lowseasonlover said:

Harry Kane is on a 'collision course' with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy, insists Gary Neville and claims there must be a 'massive reason' for the England captain's no-show at training as he bids to force Man City move

Harry Kane has failed to show up at Tottenham for training twice this week 

What do you guys think?

Well given the Spurs fans were singing 'Are you watching Harry Kane' when they were winning last night, his bridges are well and truly burnt ! 

On 8/14/2021 at 9:37 AM, Dedinbed said:

Bring back George Graham if Arsenal tintack Arteta I say .. no one could ever beat George's immaculate presentation wearing the Arsenal blazer and tye .. 

Famously smiley Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp is adopting a new no glasses look this season .. whether it'll be enough to get 'em back to the top remains to be seen though Specsavers might be pee'd off by his decision .. 

IMG_20210814_093051.jpg

Do you think Klopps dentist ever gets time for anyone else ?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Slacker77 said:

morning guys

have anyone seen the sum up after gamewweek 1 ?

Yep . . . over on the Fantasy PL thread (:-)

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

Do you think Klopps dentist ever gets time for anyone else ?

He's got a contract at Liverpool apparently 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chaimai said:

Ah!.... England's most easterly point...

Exactly, and when I was  a kid there and  just to stray off topic for a little longer, it was also had the most easterly sewage outfall there and where the best shrimps could be caught just offshore. 

3 hours ago, gummy said:

Exactly, and when I was  a kid there and  just to stray off topic for a little longer, it was also had the most easterly sewage outfall there and where the best shrimps could be caught just offshore. 

...the town never a good reputation.... excellent beach, often took the kids there when we lived in mid-Suffolk. 

27 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

...the town never a good reputation.... excellent beach, often took the kids there when we lived in mid-Suffolk. 

Not lived there for 50 years.

1 minute ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Not looking good for Norwich 

Unfortunately you may be right . But there again as a Norwich supporter they do at least hold the record for being the the club relegated from the PL the most number of times. Perhaps they should change their nickname for good luck from the Canaries to the Yoyos ?

42 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Not looking good for Norwich 

They've only played two games, don't write them off just yet, but a good draw for Leeds againgst Everton earning them a point to pull away from Norwich at the bottom of the table.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

They've only played two games, don't write them off just yet, but a good draw for Leeds againgst Everton earning them a point to pull away from Norwich at the bottom of the table.

And Newcastle

• Haha 1

Norwich and Arsenal have the two roughest starts IMO.

Liverpool have had it cushy for two games. Let's see how they do against a decent team (Chelsea) next round.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, snapdragon said:

Norwich and Arsenal have the two roughest starts IMO.

Liverpool have had it cushy for two games. Let's see how they do against a decent team (Chelsea) next round.

Im interested to see how Chelsea do with Lukaku if he hits the ground running then Chelsea win the league 

• Like 3