Thailand Covid-19 Certificate of Vaccination (Vaccine Passport)

MichaelD

I have had a single jab of the AstraZenica vaccine.  I will soon travel to the USA and thought it might be a good idea to look into getting a Vaccine Passport that is written in Thai and English to document my current AstraZenica jab for my travels.  When I applied at one of the four locations where this document is provided, I learned that one must also have the second jab to be eligible for the document.   When I was turned down, I was told that my yellow receipt from the Central Document Center given when I  received the jab, (which is provided in the Thai language), will serve as my documentation.  Since I plan to have the Moderna jab soon and will be given a vaccination document in English in the US, I asked if the vaccination passport office would add the Moderna to the AstraZenica upon my return to Thailand and consider that a full course to qualify to receive the vaccine passport.  I was told no, only vaccinations received in Thailand would qualify.  Therefore, I ask: "What is the purpose of the Vaccine Passport?"  It does not seem fit for purpose as it currently exists because many travels will find themselves in my situation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, MichaelD said:

I have had a single jab of the AstraZenica vaccine.  I will soon travel to the USA and thought it might be a good idea to look into getting a Vaccine Passport that is written in Thai and English to document my current AstraZenica jab for my travels.  When I applied at one of the four locations where this document is provided, I learned that one must also have the second jab to be eligible for the document.   When I was turned down, I was told that my yellow receipt from the Central Document Center given when I  received the jab, (which is provided in the Thai language), will serve as my documentation.  Since I plan to have the Moderna jab soon and will be given a vaccination document in English in the US, I asked if the vaccination passport office would add the Moderna to the AstraZenica upon my return to Thailand and consider that a full course to qualify to receive the vaccine passport.  I was told no, only vaccinations received in Thailand would qualify.  Therefore, I ask: "What is the purpose of the Vaccine Passport?"  It does not seem fit for purpose as it currently exists because many travels will find themselves in my situation.

Why not get a vaccine passport in the US, and see if they'll include the vaccination you got in Thailand?

Since the vaccination needed to qualify for a vaccine passport is given in the US, that would seem more reasonable.

Edited by Stonker
addition

2 hours ago, MichaelD said:

Therefore, I ask: "What is the purpose of the Vaccine Passport?"  It does not seem fit for purpose as it currently exists because many travels will find themselves in my situation.

Each country's vaccine passport system hinges on the credibility of their system. If a given country's system turns out to be unreliable, other countries could decide not accept it as proof of vaccination, leaving all those citizens in the lurch. Therefore, no system can accept claims of outside vaccination.

The vast majority of people have not been traveling extensively during the pandemic. Usually, if they have received their 1st jab, they will wait the necessary 4 weeks to receive their 2nd jab in the same country.

Getting vaccinated is only half the story. You also need a way to convince other people, businesses, organizations, and countries that you are vaccinated or that you have natural immunity through recovery. That is the only way we can start to return to normal life.

As such, vaccination passports are a wonderful idea. I am astonished that the US and the UK have not yet put national systems in place.

On 7/24/2021 at 11:09 AM, MichaelD said:

Since I plan to have the Moderna jab soon and will be given a vaccination document in English in the US, 

You can also get 2 Moderna jabs in the US and get your passport there.

If there is enough time between the jabs getting 3 of them is no problem.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 4:48 AM, SickBuffalo said:

I am astonished that the US and the UK have not yet put national systems in place.

This is not going to happen in the US. Of the 30% of the population who are adamantly refusing to be vaccinated because "mah libertay", a full 92% opposed passports because 1) they sound so foreign and 2) "Mah libertay" includes being able to freely infect whomever they damn well please. There's some backlash growing here as the vaccinated majority are starting to realize that, due to Delta and whatever follows, the Great Unvaxxed represent a true threat to their liberty. The mandatory vaccination iceberg has appeared on the horizon in the US. The only way around a vaccine passport is mandatory vaccinations and that 30% is gonna go nutz when that happens.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 7/24/2021 at 6:48 PM, SickBuffalo said:

Each country's vaccine passport system hinges on the credibility of their system. If a given country's system turns out to be unreliable, other countries could decide not accept it as proof of vaccination, leaving all those citizens in the lurch. Therefore, no system can accept claims of outside vaccination.

That's not true on absolute terms.

Having first hand experience, I can tell you that a yellow fever vaccination is accepted regardless of the country it was administered.

Troubles with Covid mostly is due to countries not accepting all types of vaccines currently approved by WHO.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, uanmak said:

I can tell you that a yellow fever vaccination is accepted regardless of the country it was administered.

Except if you, like I, got your shot in Venzuela. Nobody accepted that. Don't know why as at the time they had a good medical system.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JamesE said:

This is not going to happen in the US. Of the 30% of the population who are adamantly refusing to be vaccinated because "mah libertay", a full 92% opposed passports because 1) they sound so foreign and 2) "Mah libertay" includes being able to freely infect whomever they damn well please. There's some backlash growing here as the vaccinated majority are starting to realize that, due to Delta and whatever follows, the Great Unvaxxed represent a true threat to their liberty. The mandatory vaccination iceberg has appeared on the horizon in the US. The only way around a vaccine passport is mandatory vaccinations and that 30% is gonna go nutz when that happens.

The UK, Israel and Seychelles to name a few, have the vast majority of their populations fully vaccinated, and yet the the vast majority of positive tests are from already vaxed people.

This proves that the vaccines don't do what we were told

Instead of accepting this, Big Pharma are trying to change the narrative and  blame the unvaccinated.

The proof of this is repeated MSM talking point we have a "pandemic of the unvaccinated"—Orwellian doublespeak if ever I heard any

I'm not wanting to change your mind, take the vaccine if you want, but forcing these treatments on the non consenting makes no logical or moral sense

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Except if you, like I, got your shot in Venzuela. Nobody accepted that. Don't know why as at the time they had a good medical system.

that's crazy... unless there was previous knowledge their Stamaril batches were unreliable or degraded, or they used a non-WHO approved fractionation.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, yetanother said:

the authorities will deflect such language , they will 'highly encourage'; 

businesses , organizations will just make a distinction vacc v not and offer 'premium' goods and services only to the vacc; a sort of social 'forcing'

Even worse—they are lying.

Simply look at the promises made—on multiple occasions—by Boris Jonson and his health ministers that there would never be vaccine passports.

They lied and are proposing passports for night clubs to start, with stadiums, universities and a long list of places to follow.

Only a fool believes anything that comes from governments and corporate media

• Like 2

1 hour ago, uanmak said:

that's crazy... unless there was previous knowledge their Stamaril batches were unreliable or degraded, or they used a non-WHO approved fractionation.

I don't remember the details. I was going into the interior and needed the shot but the Dr. told me it wouldn't be accepted anywhere else.

14 hours ago, AdamX said:

The UK, Israel and Seychelles to name a few, have the vast majority of their populations fully vaccinated, and yet the the vast majority of positive tests are from already vaxed people.

This proves that the vaccines don't do what we were told

That is logical. If 100% of the people are vaccinated, 100% of people who test positive for Covid will be vaccinated. 

In NL, where I come from, almost all people in hospital with Covid are not vaccinated, or received only 1 shot. There is a small group of people who are fully vaccinated, but got ill and had to go to the hospital. These are usually people who are old, or have some kind of illness that prevented their body to make enough antibodies after receiving the vaccine. They are now thinking about giving these people a third dose of the vaccine.

As a rule vaccinated people can test positive for Covid, but do not get ill, and do not have to go to hospital. The exceptions to this rule are rare.

So vaccines do what they are supposed to do.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

That is logical. If 100% of the people are vaccinated, 100% of people who test positive for Covid will be vaccinated. 

So vaccines do what they are supposed to do.

This makes a mockery of the covid infection numbers

Having first hand experience, I can tell you that a yellow fever vaccination is accepted regardless of the country it was administered.

Except if you, like I, got your shot in Venzuela. Nobody accepted that.

Okay, so, to sum up, as I originally wrote:

Each country's vaccine passport system hinges on the credibility of their system.

• Like 1

This makes a mockery of the covid infection numbers

A vaccine does not protect against a Covid infection. A vaccine protects against hospitalization and death. And does so really well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A vaccine does not protect against a Covid infection. A vaccine protects against hospitalization and death. And does so really well.

This is not what we were told.

The narrative has changed in light of the fact that the vaccines are not delivering what was promised. You cant keep moving the goalposts

• Like 1

Okay, so, to sum up, as I originally wrote:

Hopefully one unfortunate example in one point of time does not make a rule forever. Unless all the other 190+ countries do the same, the worldwide acceptance of the 80-year old YFV still stands. 

It is a shame that this in not applied to current vaccines vs. covid-19. Yet.

Edited by uanmak
  • Like 1

Lets talk about hospitalisations.

In Thailand, people were and still are being hospitalised simply for testing positive. The vast majority were— and continued to be—symptom free at time of release. I personally know dozens of my staff, friends and family who were basically forced to isolate in hospitals, field hospitals and now hotels against their will. They did not think of it as hospitalisation— more like abduction

This is not what people visualise when they think of hospitalisations.

Statistics are being presented with misleading labels

Lets talk about hospitalisations.

In Thailand, people were and still are being hospitalised simply for testing positive. The vast majority were— and continued to be—symptom free at time of release. I personally know dozens of my staff, friends and family who were basically forced to isolate in hospitals, field hospitals and now hotels against their will. They did not think of it as hospitalisation— more like abduction

This is not what people visualise when they think of hospitalisations.

Statistics are being presented with misleading labels

Are we talking about the same subject?

"A vaccine does not protect against a Covid infection. A vaccine protects against hospitalization and death. And does so really well."

They can hospitalise what they want in Thailand, for whatever reason they want. But it is not an argument in a discussion about the effectiveness of vaccines. 

Are we talking about the same subject?

"A vaccine does not protect against a Covid infection. A vaccine protects against hospitalization and death. And does so really well."

They can hospitalise what they want in Thailand, for whatever reason they want. But it is not an argument in a discussion about the effectiveness of vaccines. 

Firstly, I wanted to bring attention to the way the term hospitalization is being used.  Hopefully people will not conjure up images of sick and suffering people now.

Secondly, to refute your explicit point that vaccines protects against hospitalization, as regardless of having a vaccine, hospitalization—as you rightly point out— is arbitrary

Perhaps I misunderstood that sentence

On 7/29/2021 at 4:48 AM, uanmak said:

Hopefully one unfortunate example in one point of time does not make a rule forever.

No one said anything about making a rule. You were disputing this statement:

On 7/24/2021 at 12:48 PM, SickBuffalo said:

Each country's vaccine passport system hinges on the credibility of their system.

To dispute that statement, you made an absolute statement:

On 7/28/2021 at 2:41 AM, uanmak said:

There being even just "one unfortunate" country whose vaccine certification is not accepted by other countries immediately renders your absolute statement wrong.

This is not meant personally. It may be the case that you were trying to make a more general point, that the vaccine certification of most countries is accepted by most other countries, but that is not what you wrote. It would also no longer be an argument against the point that "Each country's vaccine passport system hinges on the credibility of their system" because that is precisely why Venezuela's system is not accepted.

After my second shot of Sino the hospital gave me the certificate showing the dates and brand of the vaccine's I got.  The certificate also has space for a third dose....

9 minutes ago, RWD said:

After my second shot of Sino the hospital gave me the certificate showing the dates and brand of the vaccine's I got.  The certificate also has space for a third dose....

…but how can someone get The International Vaccine Passport for traveling, a specially living out Isaan without spending to much time in a Red Zone like Bangkok?