News Forum - Shocking treatment: Thai-American couple demands justice after electric shock in Chon Buri hotel jacuzzi

Thaiger

A pregnant Thai woman and her American husband demanded compensation after the couple and their son were electrocuted while bathing in a luxury hotel jacuzzi in the Sattahip district of Chon Buri province. The woman is also concerned about the effect of the electric shock on her unborn baby. The 30 year old woman, Monthakan … …

The story Shocking treatment: Thai-American couple demands justice after electric shock in Chon Buri hotel jacuzzi as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Frightened of future pool side activities....... please give me a break.  Be honest you want the money and nothing more. Hard to feel much sympathy when you turn down 100K and want more. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, gazmo16 said:

Frightened of future pool side activities....... please give me a break.  Be honest you want the money and nothing more. Hard to feel much sympathy when you turn down 100K and want more. 

Up to 100k for hospital bills is hardly compensation.

That is just reimbursement.

Which is the bare minimum for the hotel  to do.

And he is american, in the US he could  become that or more in US$ on top.

• Like 1

The story contains questionable  statements.

family stayed at the luxury hotel for three days from August 20 to 23 this year. The stay cost 3,364 baht per night, which she said was reasonable.

Sounds more like a miderange  hotel. InterContinental is is close to a luxury hotel and charges about 8,000 baht a night.

the doctor told them they had received a five-second electric shock

Doubtful a physician said that.

• Like 2

On 9/16/2023 at 5:45 AM, Guest1 said:

Bingo. He's 'merican and looking for a payday. Send them home flying.

On 9/15/2023 at 7:45 PM, Guest1 said:

I'm certainly not a doctor but I can't imagine that bill to check out people that got a bit of a shock, being more than 20-30k on Thailand

I'd imagine it's just a general checkup of their vitals 

8 hours ago, Pinga said:

Bingo. He's 'merican and looking for a payday. Send them home flying.

I'm Umerican and don't actually get offended by that pretty true comment 

But would you say "no worries" if a hotel shocked your kid and wife?

I honestly don't know what I'd demand but it wouldn't be just an apology 

And it's just as much as deterrence so they feel the pain and actually fix what's broken because it could happen again with worse consequences 

I could easily see in Thailand they saying "sorry " and not doing all that much to fox it properly 

But they lose some significant money, they will then think twice about fixing it

On 9/16/2023 at 9:45 AM, Guest1 said:

This buying my silence works well amongst the Thai Population, but this is not America so his expectations of a big pay out need to return to reality as a Farang in Thailand. 

It's not so much the compensation that niggles me, it's the BS people add to elevate their position. "Fearing for future poolside activities", like they will forever avoid a pool (and will probably require therapy to lead a happy future life no doubt).

Yes, you got an electric shock which isnt great and needs to be addressed by the Hotel, but please leave out the BS window dressing as it cuts no ice out here.