News Forum - Plot twist: Chinese Rolls-Royce driver seeks 1.3 million baht from Thai driver

Thaiger

In just the last few hours, the story has changed. It seems that the lady was not/ may not be.  all that she seems, confiscations have happened and the law is in full investigation mode.  More to come I think. If you want to avoid undue interest, or keep your head down around the City, driving a 32 million Baht car doesn't seem to be the brightest thing to do. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Khunmark said:

If he was insured there’d be no need to do a runner. She never forgave him, this was made explicit in the subsequent article. Sheesh.

He didn't do a runner - if you believe him and quite frankly I wouldn't believe a word of the woman's lawyer.

And as you should be well aware, in Thailand there is insurance and then there is insurance

2 hours ago, Pinetree said:

In just the last few hours, the story has changed. It seems that the lady was not/ may not be.  all that she seems, confiscations have happened and the law is in full investigation mode.  More to come I think. If you want to avoid undue interest, or keep your head down around the City, driving a 32 million Baht car doesn't seem to be the brightest thing to do. 

Does that mean her American ExpressAmex card was declined?

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, cowslip said:

He didn't do a runner - if you believe him and quite frankly I wouldn't believe a word of the woman's lawyer.

And as you should be well aware, in Thailand there is insurance and then there is insurance

Not if Big Joke gets on this casem and it is way too much in the limelight now to be washed under. He (pickup truck driver) has a cell/mobile phone and his movements are easily fully triangulated traceable in the end. A lawyer is not perjuring him or herself, but going solemnly by the words of what their client speaks. It is not randomly spuwed out unless the lawyer is a money grabbing ignorant fool. And I really do not think that of her lawyer. In the end if corret it stands, and if no0t she perjured herself to be put on to the stake, and hen after that she buys her get out of problem pas paying this headache off. Let's just say I have real knowledge of how things work and leave it at that. Now if what Pinetree just said as I haven't followed up on it is true, then this little hot young Philly silver spooned Chinese girl gonna take a big fall.

Seeing how the guy has been on TV giving interviews about what happened, I think we can safely say he hasn't done a runner. 

2 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Seeing how the guy has been on TV giving interviews about what happened, I think we can safely say he hasn't done a runner. 

He is dangerous. Just hope the excitement of him is not pointed at you or you happy scope area