Bang Sue for foreigner walk-in

RWD

Anyone under the "at-risk" category approved for walk-in covid vaccines at Bang Sue report on wait-times, social distancing, and risk management etc.....

I was not in the 'at risk' group but very much in the over 75 group so I can throw a little light on the procedure at Bang Sue.   Arrived at 10.am by taxi-car parking can be difficult. There are many, many student, ,volunteer helpers. Asked for over 75 entrance and was shown to a an area for the taking of Blood Pressure. Then given a slip of paper with the result-I think BP has to be < 160 to proceed. If you are over 160 you have to try again. Then you are shown to a place where you get a form asking health questions and for your name and DOB. The form is in Thai but one of the helpers will help you. Or you can download the form in English from Richard Barrow.

Then you proceed to  the area where all this information is put into a computer -you will also have to provide your address. Then it is on to Area 3 where the vaccination takes place. Once you have been vaccinated you will be required to wait for 30 mins to see if there are any after-affects. And that is it. After the vaccination the nurse will give you a printed sheet with the vaccination details and the date of your second appointment.

All in all not more than 90 mins. I left Pattaya at 8.00am and was home by 1.30pm.

Hope that has been helpful. Everyone at Bang Sue was most professional and very helpful. Thailand at its best. And the station was not at all crowded-it is a vast building.

• Like 1