News Forum - Coastal caper: Foreign thief takes a ‘wheely’ wild ride with unattended motorbike in Pattaya

Thaiger

In the serene coastal town of Pattaya, a regular day veered off course when an opportunist foreign thief playfully “wheely”-ed away with an unwatched motorbike, melting into the bustling throng. This surprising escapade revved up the pressing query about individual safety and communal security in our day-to-day adventures The black and white Honda Click 125i … …

The story Coastal caper: Foreign thief takes a ‘wheely’ wild ride with unattended motorbike in Pattaya as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

In the serene coastal town of Pattaya, a regular day veered off course when an opportunist foreign thief playfully “wheely”-ed away with an unwatched motorbike, melting into the bustling throng. This surprising escapade revved up the pressing query about individual safety and communal security in our day-to-day adventures The black and white Honda Click 125i … …

The story Coastal caper: Foreign thief takes a ‘wheely’ wild ride with unattended motorbike in Pattaya as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Who the hell writes such drivel? The is such nausesating, over the top trash journalism.

It is an unwritten rule that foreign nationals are untouchables in Thailand especially in Pattaya. It is the money they bring in that the country needs. As such locals should always accept that and try to live with it. Just stuff your ears with earplugs and try to get some sleep. Even authorities can only request them to leave the place. That is the power of money that they are brining in. At the most these turble making foreigners are just wared with a simple handshake or a pat in their wrist with 50THB fine for the offences that they have caused. That is what has been going on regularly. I am yet to see any of such troble makers were made to push their bikes along the road towards the police station and being locked up in the station untill the next day where they are presented in the court before the magistrate to face the consequences. 

5 hours ago, barneswallace said:

Who the hell writes such drivel? The is such nausesating, over the top trash journalism.

Story most likely to be written by AI instructed to use “colorful” language. 

Also check the story about the kind in-laws giving an envelope full of cash.  
most likely totally dreamt up by the chatbot.  

Ramanathan.P, I'm not from Pattaya and have only visited a few times in 25 years. However, I have been a working resident in the Kingdom. I just don't like Pattaya.  As for foreign nationals being untouchable. I have to disagree. They are targets for police. Perhaps the craziest incident was when I was stopped at a red light and someone crashed into my car from behind. In any other country on earth the person who ran into me would have been responsible. Not Thailand. I was found to be at fault because if I had not been in the country the crash would never have happened. I was stuck with repairing both vehicles, fined and 10K baht to the dimwit who hit me from behind. I could recite other examples but this was the weird even by Thailand's standard!  

30 minutes ago, joseph said:

I was found to be at fault because if I had not been in the country the crash would never have happened. I was stuck with repairing both vehicles, fined and 10K baht to the dimwit who hit me from behind. I could recite other examples but this was the weird even by Thailand's standard!  

Hi Joseph. I really feel sorry for what you went through. However I am pretty sure if you have all your papers in order, then there no way they can fault you. Yes I agree, in Thailand they try everything to put the fault on the foreigner and milk as much as they can. However if you have your documents in order then you can defend yourself.