News Forum - Elderly woman captivates by sitting for exam, proving it’s never too late

Thaiger

An inspiring story emerged recently when a Thai woman in her sixties turned up smartly clad in student uniform to sit for an exam. A touching narrative unfolded around the woman, eager to learn and position herself as a role model for her grandchildren—highlighting that it’s never too late to embrace education. The conversation came … …

The story Elderly woman captivates by sitting for exam, proving it’s never too late as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well done her.  I gained my Doctorate at age 58, having studied for 6 years to gain the qualification. It is one of the proudest achievements of my life. It's never too late to study.  

• Like 3

Education and knowledge development is a life long journey. The more one is willing to learn the more knowledge one will gain and the more wisdom is attained. 

• Like 1

Very inspiring. Later education is a very worthwhile pursuit in a developed and equitable society. At the same time I wish for more opportunities for non-college and non-high school educated people. Too often the goal of education is seen as academic rather than providing a social good—greater understanding of other peoples as well skills to excel in life. People are naturally inclined to worthwhile pursuits, so why commit everyone young person to diploma after diploma when most are better served by entering professions? Education is very valuable, but does not always provide a foundation to create a desired life. I believe we should encourage students to pursue concrete lives, not ambiguous outcomes. After around a decade such a life, perhaps that is the best time to pursue later education: when one has understood the principles that shaped their world and the consequences of those principles. From that experience, people can use later education to advance human development further with a foundational knowledge of present/past rights, experience living in current society, as well as hope for a better future.

D****it this is just a pipe dream.

Big fan of education for education’s sake which will continue to be the preserve of humans, despite AI interventions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Well done her.  I gained my Doctorate at age 58, having studied for 6 years to gain the qualification. It is one of the proudest achievements of my life. It's never too late to study.  

Now you saying that, I am sincerely proud of you. Great Job Pinetree! On the other note, I think this lady is truly fabulous and my hat if I wore one goes off to her! Inspiration to all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have met 10 or so ladies in Australia at my exs graduation (she was 60), who were all post 50 and were upgrading their qualifications to various levels (Masters, Doctorates etc).  Medical professionals mostly trying to keep up with the changing Health Dept requirements to that they could compete with the young ones coming out of Uni.

Did meet a lovely lady "late 60s" who entered Uni on a "Mature Education Entrance Qualification" and got a BA with Honours. Only did 3 years of senior school when young.

If you think about it, education is much more interesting to most people later in life than when we are college age.........

I'd be very happy taking courses now and learning something new........

16 hours ago, Thaiger said:

An inspiring story emerged recently when a Thai woman in her sixties turned up smartly clad in student uniform to sit for an exam. A touching narrative unfolded around the woman, eager to learn and position herself as a role model for her grandchildren—highlighting that it’s never too late to embrace education. The conversation came … …

The story Elderly woman captivates by sitting for exam, proving it’s never too late as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Never too old to go back to school.