3 bodies found in Bangkok streets, 2 positive for Covid-19, result pending for third

Thaiger

Netizens have slammed Bangkok police, claiming that the bodies of 3 men who died separately on the streets of the capital were left uncollected for hours. The Metropolitan Police Bureau has called for understanding, insisting that the claims on social media are untrue. According to a Bangkok Post report, spokesman Piya Tawichai says 2 of the 3 bodies have tested positive for Covid-19 while the result on the third is pending. Social media was awash with images of a body covered in white cloth that allegedly lay uncollected for nearly 12 hours in the district of Phra Nakhon yesterday. It’s […]

The post 3 bodies found in Bangkok streets, 2 positive for Covid-19, result pending for third appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

5 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Netizens have slammed Bangkok police, claiming that the bodies of 3 men who died separately on the streets of the capital were left uncollected for hours. The Metropolitan Police Bureau has called for understanding

Yes it really is pathetic, why did plod leave the bodies uncollected for hours?

Answer is simple, plod cannot exploit dead people for money.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You have hit the nail on the head there Colin. My wife alerted to me yesterday afternoon about one person being found , now it appears there are 3.  2 are known to have covid  and still awaitning the result of the third. However whether covid was the cause of death or not appears to be an unknown. However if we cast our minds back to India 4 weeks ago so many people ere dying it was difficult for the authorities there to keep up with the collection of bodies  so it may well develop into something similar in BKK and perhaps elsewhere if it gets really bad.

That said in this instance your comments on the RTP were spot on and they are so lazy why is it that there extortion, out of duty criminal activity has never been clamped down on hard. It is as if one top supremo carries sway and is benefitting significantly and no one dare challenge it.

Logically, I think you can get covid from a dead person, okay not aerosol method but from touch. Assuming the collapsed man in the street had covid 19 and thats why he died, if before he died he had coughed or put his fingers in his nose or eyes, he would have to have body mucus/liquid on his hands. Because he is dead does not mean the virus is and that it can be transmitted.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, colinneil said:

That is if there is no gold or wallet.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

good news everyone. you cannot contract covid from a dead person. 

"The bodies of dead COVID-19 patients are noncontagious, assured the Forensic Physician Association of Thailand."

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-743255

no worries as you step over the corpses piling up around you. 

Sounds conflicting as they rush to burn them in hazmat suits without a proper burial.

15 minutes ago, Objectivance said:

Would be curious to know how long it'd been since they'd received their inoculations. 

Since? or if?

My son told me about this during lunch time yesterday. Seems we are always a 1/2 a day or one day late getting the Thai news for some reason. This was all over the Thai radar in social media. I get more fast news from my kids than anywhere else.

14 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

My son told me about this during lunch time yesterday. Seems we are always a 1/2 a day or one day late getting the Thai news for some reason. This was all over the Thai radar in social media. I get more fast news from my kids than anywhere else.

That's pretty common elsewhere as well. There has to be time allowed for adjustments etc.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

good news everyone. you cannot contract covid from a dead person. 

"The bodies of dead COVID-19 patients are noncontagious, assured the Forensic Physician Association of Thailand."

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-743255

no worries as you step over the corpses piling up around you. 

Oh dear that statement is playing into the PMs hands as no doubt he will soon propose to the country that he has a brilliant idea to stop covid in Thailand by shooting everyone dead ?

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

Oh dear that statement is playing into the PMs hands as no doubt he will soon propose to the country that he has a brilliant idea to stop covid in Thailand by shooting everyone dead ?

Well don't be so quick to scoff, it worked well in NK.

2 minutes ago, Objectivance said:

Well don't be so quick to scoff, it worked well in NK.

Think you over estimate your insights. In North Korea by all accounts they never needed covid as an excuse to shoot people.

11 minutes ago, Objectivance said:

That's pretty common elsewhere as well. There has to be time allowed for adjustments etc.

Yeah, I will always watch the Thai news or hit the Thai newspapers to see what is the latest. Seems to be the other fastest way besides my son letting me know. But even the newspapers lag as maybe it maybe under scrutiny for release in English.

12 minutes ago, Objectivance said:

Both, ideally. But neither is most likely. 

And that must ultimately depend on whether they were coming or they were going.

20 minutes ago, gummy said:

Think you over estimate your insights. In North Korea by all accounts they never needed covid as an excuse to shoot people.

Well, you're not wrong. But if there was ever a reason that they felt it necessary, it'd be to protect grandma. 

23 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah, I will always watch the Thai news or hit the Thai newspapers to see what is the latest. Seems to be the other fastest way besides my son letting me know. But even the newspapers lag as maybe it maybe under scrutiny for release in English.

Surely. I don't reckon anything can be said without some level of "approval." ?

1 minute ago, Objectivance said:

Well, you're not wrong. But if there was ever a reason that they felt it necessary, it'd be to protect grandma. 

Sorry, I must be having a "thick" day, maybe Tequila withdrawal symptoms or similar but what do you mean to "protect grandma" ?

1 hour ago, gummy said:

You have hit the nail on the head there Colin. My wife alerted to me yesterday afternoon about one person being found , now it appears there are 3.  2 are known to have covid  and still awaitning the result of the third. However whether covid was the cause of death or not appears to be an unknown. However if we cast our minds back to India 4 weeks ago so many people ere dying it was difficult for the authorities there to keep up with the collection of bodies  so it may well develop into something similar in BKK and perhaps elsewhere if it gets really bad.

That said in this instance your comments on the RTP were spot on and they are so lazy why is it that there extortion, out of duty criminal activity has never been clamped down on hard. It is as if one top supremo carries sway and is benefitting significantly and no one dare challenge it.

And as they show just now in the Thai tv there are more bodies they collect from the streets and homes.

26 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

At the Thai news but in thai not english they just show they collected more bodies. Anyway in the english versions it will come everything with delays or only a fraction of it and some you even find not one word of it.

5 minutes ago, Objectivance said:

Surely. I don't reckon anything can be said without some level of "approval." ?

Yeah, its not like international media can't translate the Thai version. But protocol here is protocol.

5 minutes ago, Stardust said:

And as they show just now in the Thai tv there are more bodies they collect from the streets and homes.

Really not aware of that thanks for the update. Were they riddled with bullets do you know or just dead from as yet unknown circumstances ?