News Forum - Pride month marketing sparks backlash amidst ‘Rainbow Washing’ claims

Thaiger

The marketing strategies utilised by companies throughout Pride Month have sparked criticism from LGBTQ+ rights advocates who accuse businesses of merely capitalising on Pride-themed merchandise but not backing the call for equal rights in real terms. This can refer to as “Rainbow Washing.” Nikki Phinyapincha, founder of TransTalents Consulting Group, claims that these businesses just … …

The story Pride month marketing sparks backlash amidst ‘Rainbow Washing’ claims as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

28 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

LGBTQ+

What does the LGBTQ+ stand for?  Can't we just call them all queers, afterall, that's what they call themselves.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, McTavish said:

What does the LGBTQ+ stand for?  Can't we just call them all queers, afterall, that's what they call themselves.

They need a label so that they look organised and cohesive. Nothing could be further from the truth. When you have a man wanting sex with another man, but in the same 'group' you have a male willing to mutilate his body by removing his sex organs, or a young female willing to remove her breasts, you have to ask what their mental reasoning is. Same with those who insist they are the wrong gender and come up with a hundred or so different 'genders' they can be.

Likewise, the hidden agenda that is starting to rise from the 'group's' muddy, stinking ooze - paedophilia. A paedophile is NOT a 'queer'; he/she is a sick criminal and no amount of brainwashing should sway governments and responsible adults otherwise.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, McTavish said:

Alphabet people? Along with "persons of colour" and "neuro-divergent" (which apparently covers the whole spectrum of autistic, dyslexic, and ADHD disorders).     

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Viggen840 said:

Likewise, the hidden agenda that is starting to rise from the 'group's' muddy, stinking ooze - paedophilia. A paedophile is NOT a 'queer'; he/she is a sick criminal and no amount of brainwashing should sway governments and responsible adults otherwise.

Just nonsense......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently these people are apparently considered mentally ill with "gender dysphoria". That is an American version of the story but what about different culture as in East versus West?

Does American psychiatric theory conform to world or world conform to America?

I'm not defending or condemning people's choices but i definitely do not like being coerced or roped in to some agenda aimed at lending creedence to another person's choices that on a general level i find very weird.

In other words too many times these gays and transpeople try to make up some fantastical narrative based on complete lunacy. If they want to prance around wiggling their backsides "ok", but (no pun intended 😄) don't ask me to defend that behavior or claim i was interested because i happened to look at something so redonkulous we can't unsee it even if we wanted to.

Live and let live.

And

Mind yo' business.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gord said:

Currently these people are apparently considered mentally ill with "gender dysphoria". That is an American version of the story but what about different culture as in East versus West?

I'm not defending or condemning people's choices but i definitely do not like being coerced or roped in to some agenda aimed at lending creedence to another person's choices that on a general level i find very weird.

In other words too many times these gays and transpeople try to make up some fantastical narrative based on complete lunacy. If they want to prance around wiggling their backsides "ok", but (no pun intended 😄) don't ask me to defend that behavior or claim i was interested because i happened to look at something so redonkulous we can't unsee it even if we wanted to.

Live and let live.

And

Mind yo' business.

It used to be an axiom of 'keep it in your bedroom'. That seems to have long passed, and the norm is to now shove it down the throat of all those who do not see live through YOUR rose-coloured glasses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Just nonsense......

Not total nonsense. Partial nonsense in Thailand which has no cultural/societal problems with ladyboys, toms etc. But in the US & Canada! Have you seen those freaks currently hijacking the gay people’s agenda?Naked men on bicycles in PRIDE parades talking to prepubescent children, drag queens reading stories to children in schools, puberty blockers to kids that aren’t old enough to buy a beer in any country… the list of horrors framed as freedom goes on and on. I believe that violence is rarely the answer but for some of freaks it is the obvious solution. 
IMG_1337.jpeg.67b341a82d821d60a06f8d297e730c42.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Cool 1

1 minute ago, Fanta said:

Not total nonsense. Partial nonsense in Thailand which has no cultural/societal problems with ladyboys, toms etc. But in the US & Canada! Have you seen those freaks currently hijacking the gay people’s agenda?Naked men on bicycles in PRIDE parades talking to prepubescent children, drag queens reading stories to children in schools, puberty blockers to kids that aren’t old enough to buy a beer in any country… the list of horrors framed as freedom goes on and on. I believe that violence is rarely the right answer but for some of freaks it is the solution. 
IMG_1337.jpeg.67b341a82d821d60a06f8d297e730c42.jpeg

I don't disagree that Pride has gone too far......

I've always enjoyed Pride but then it got too commercialized 

But to say their agenda is pedophilia is pure NONSENE

Especially when the right wingers who make that accusation are usually Christians and Catholics

The true groomers and pedophiles! and organizations that truly have a pedophile agenda 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ah yes yes.. the end of civilization is coming because of some changes you're unable to understand/identify with. Also there's some kind of pedo conspiracy because of course there is.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

But to say their agenda is pedophilia is pure NONSENE

If you are dealing in absolutes then I agree that labelling the LGBTQ crowd a pack of pedophiles is wrong. That said, they need to weed the “Minor Attracted People” out of their ranks and keep them far away from the kids.

I’m not gay but I bought a t-shirt (and gave it to my homophobic brother 😁
https://www.gaysagainstgroomers.com

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Fanta said:

If you are dealing in absolutes then I agree that labelling the LGBTQ crowd a pack of pedophiles is wrong. That said, they need to weed the “Minor Attracted People” out of their ranks and keep them far away from the kids.

I’m not gay but I bought a t-shirt (and gave it to my homophobic brother 😁
https://www.gaysagainstgroomers.com

As I said 

I think Pride has gone too far, I'd imagine I agree with you more than you would think

But who do you think has more "minor attracted people " in their ranks?

LBTGQ or the Catholic/Christian churches who have sexually abused 100's of thousands kids

But the conservatives that are freaking out over LBTQ "groomers" don't have any issue with their religion raping kids

None......

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

But who do you think has more "minor attracted people " in their ranks?

That’s like asking which type of terminal cancer you’d prefer …. The answer is none. 

• Like 2

If people here don't like people with gender dysphoria, why are they in Thailand. Lol. 

I do however agree there is more connection between LGBT and paedophile, than is generally admitted. I've never heard of a straight peoples NAMBLA for example. By no means am I accusing all LGBT people, but there is a connection, there. It's somehow tolerated for NAMBLA to exist, when straight guys go to prison for consenting srx, if an underage girl lies about her age. So there is a double standard in North America, no? 

Catholic clergy (someone mentioned) are not more likely to be paedophiles, than mainline protestant clergy, or anyone else. The motif is associated with Chick tracts, and also taken up by the loony left - like a horseshoe effect, as regards lunatic fringes. In historically Protestant countries, Catholicism is an easy target, and Catholic bashing is related to attacks on Irish, Italians, etc. 

When someone from a country like England or the US, makes anti-Catholic accusations that seem secular, really there is a racist subtext because sectarianism follows racial lines. 

Edited by Karolyn
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, McTavish said:

As an ex Military pilot, LGBT always stood for 'Laser Guided Bomb Technology';  that's good enough for me. No idea what the Q ++ nonsense is all about and I couldn't care less

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Karolyn said:

If people here don't like people with gender dysphoria, why are they in Thailand. Lol. 

I do however agree there is more connection between LGBT and paedophile, than is generally admitted. I've never heard of a straight peoples NAMBLA for example. By no means am I accusing all LGBT people, but there is a connection, there. It's somehow tolerated for NAMBLA to exist, when straight guys go to prison for consenting srx, if an underage girl lies about her age. So there is a double standard in North America, no? 

Catholic clergy (someone mentioned) are not more likely to be paedophiles, than mainline protestant clergy, or anyone else. The motif is associated with Chick tracts, and also taken up by the loony left - like a horseshoe effect, as regards lunatic fringes. In historically Protestant countries, Catholicism is an easy target, and Catholic bashing is related to attacks on Irish, Italians, etc. 

When someone from a country like England or the US, makes anti-Catholic accusations that seem secular, really there is a racist subtext because sectarianism follows racial lines. 

Well Thailand offers so much more for some people than worrying about if that hot woman is a swinging a sausage or not. That being said, if i happened to be a homosexual with good income i would see Thailand as an attractive place to live freer than, say, USA or Europe.

The actual issue here as i see it is people not minding their own business and making up stories to convince others they are something more than they really are. If people would just keep their mouths shut life would be near idyllic sans the heat and humidity.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Karolyn said:

8 hours ago, Karolyn said:

Stating facts that the Catholic church has covered up 10's of thousands(100's likely) sexual abuse cases of children is not "anti-Catholic accusations"

It is a statement of facts.......

But yes, I am an "anti" an organization raping 1000's and 1000's of kids and covering it up

I am also anti the hypocrisy by conservatives to talk about "grooming kids" when they ignore Catholic and Chistian churches to rape 1000's of kids

Again, none of that is "accusations"

It is all fact

• Like 1

See this all comes down to how do you square having womens rights and transgender rights.

How do you provide safe spaces for women like toilets or changing rooms while you allow men who identify as women going in there? The entire thing is simply too easy for deviants to exploit. I am not saying transgender people are deviants. I am saying sexual predators are and they will use this as a method of attacking women in places where they are supposed to be safe. That cannot be allowed.

So what is the answer?

Simple really. Transgender people need to use the already available disabled toilets. I suggested this once on a Guardian article and was immediately set upon by transgender people who claimed I was labeling trans people as disabled. They completely missed the point. OK we will have to change the name from disabled toilet to something more encompassing but that's not a big deal.

Do we really need to go to the extent of providing toilets and changing facilities just for LGBQT+ people?

Because believe me the police will need a 24 hour riot squad when they all start squabbling in there.

21 hours ago, Gord said:

Live and let live.

And

Mind yo' business.

Sounds to me, ol' @Gord got caught taking as peek!    :)

Not sure about anyone else but I have no problem with people being or calling themselves LGBTQ+ (whatever that all means). but I am getting fed up with having LGBTQ+ shoved in my face at every available opportunity. Can't people just live their lives as they want to without shouting it from the rooftops.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ChrisS said:

Not sure about anyone else but I have no problem with people being or calling themselves LGBTQ+ (whatever that all means). but I am getting fed up with having LGBTQ+ shoved in my face at every available opportunity. Can't people just live their lives as they want to without shouting it from the rooftops.

I am what they would consider an ally, I supported them

And yes, there was still bigotry towards the group(groups) but for the most part, they were being widely accepted and I do think they pushed it too far

Now do I find it patently ridiculous people are boycotting Bud Light because they had one add with a trans person( they drink as well)

Yes, it is absurd

I went to almost every Pride parade since I was in my 20's in all different cities I lived in

But when it became "Pride Month" and every bank and corporation plastered it all over the place, I stopped going.

And yes, Drag Queen story hours and trans participating in women's sports are ridiculous

So they opened themselves up for the nutjobs to then freak out about 1 beer ad

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gord said:

Well Thailand offers so much more for some people than worrying about if that hot woman is a swinging a sausage or not. That being said, if i happened to be a homosexual with good income i would see Thailand as an attractive place to live freer than, say, USA or Europe.

The actual issue here as i see it is people not minding their own business and making up stories to convince others they are something more than they really are. If people would just keep their mouths shut life would be near idyllic sans the heat and humidity.

I think most of us agree. And I think a lot of us like Asia because they are 'civilized' or 'developed' like us whites, but avoid identity politics that taking the West. Perhaps, for all their foreign-ness, they feel like idealised whites. I despise NGOs

• Like 1