All domestic travellers entering Phuket need to be vaccinated against Covid-19

Thaiger

16 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

this entire concept is unworkable. 

You know that, we know that, and anybody with half a brain would know that 

1 minute ago, Colin said:

Ahh.... I see you are applying logic to frame the question, when logic may not be able to provide the answer.

As well as your case, and I am sure other Phuket residents will be affected similarly, I saw nothing in the article that covers the case of delivery drivers who have to enter and leave the island. This was the subject of a big debate a month or so ago, has the problem magically disappeared ?

The delivery companies no doubt crossed a few palms with silver, antiseptically wiped of course.

6 hours ago, MikeTexas said:

To be as accurate as possible, this was taken directly from the WHO website:

More evidence is needed on the use of the different COVID-19 vaccines in children to be able to make general recommendations on vaccinating children against COVID-19.

WHO's Strategic Advisory Group of Experts (SAGE) has concluded that the Pfizer/BionTech vaccine is suitable for use by people aged 12 years and above. Children aged between 12 and 15 who are at high risk may be offered this vaccine alongside other priority groups for vaccination. Vaccine trials for children are ongoing and WHO will update its recommendations when the evidence or epidemiological situation warrants a change in policy.

So, it isn't that they don't recommend vaccinating people under 17 it is just that it is less urgent.  The studies for minors started much later than adults so not all of the trials have been concluded.  They do state that the pfizer vaccine can be used for some children if they at high risk of contracting COVID and potentially having severe symptoms. 

Maybe you didn't read the whole of the text that you, ehm, quoted. For "children" only the Pfizer vaccine is approved and even then only for the age group of 12-17-year-olds.

So essentially it is against the WHO recommendations to 1) vaccinate children with anything else than Pfizer 2) vaccinate children under 12 at all.

Edited by THETRUTH

2 minutes ago, THETRUTH said:

... For "children" only the Pfizer vaccine is approved and even then only for the age group of 12-17-year-olds.

So essentially it is against the WHO recommendations to

1) vaccinate children with anything else than Pfizer

2) vaccinate children under 12 at all.

Naaaah, Thai children are different so this does not apply to them, now go get your jabs.  The main Thai government covid-policy adviser, dr Yong(ele) Poovorawan pleaded to vaccinate ALL children over +3 years of age, presumably using the mix-and-match vaccine-cocktails which he also promoted.  That sociopath belongs in a mental institution for the criminally insane!

1 minute ago, BlueSphinx said:

Naaaah, Thai children are different so this does not apply to them, now go get your jabs.  The main Thai government covid-policy adviser, dr Yong(ele) Poovorawan pleaded to vaccinate ALL children over +3 years of age, presumably using the mix-and-match vaccine-cocktails which he also promoted.  That sociopath belongs in a mental institution for the criminally insane!

Maybe he is  an avid follower of Joseph Mengele and his clinical methodology

14 hours ago, EdwardV said:

It's been said by many since the Phuket scheme was announced, the problem won't be the tourists it will be incoming Thais. The requirement should have be in place since day one, but the vaccination rates were so low it's easy to understand why it wasn't. Hopefully this helps insulate Phuket from the ongoing outbreak. However I'm not going to bet the farm on it.  

it is forbidden to use common sense,especially after the horse has bolted 

But, you ladies and gentlemen have forgotten one thing, all these rules and regulations require strict adherence to the rules. They require to be enforced by a agency that will follow the rules and regulations without bowing to laziness or brown envelopes. This won’t happen you say?Sandbox visitor facing prosecution for failing to complete 14-day stay.

Sandbox visitor facing prosecution for failing to complete 14-day stay

https://www.thephuketnews.com/sandbox-visitor-facing-prosecution-for-failing-to-complete-14-day-stay-80764.php

Only way he was allowed off the island was to be allowed to pass to the mainland. If someone can get off, someone can get on with out adherents to the required rules. Blind eyes are shown as the game of baccarat has shown us. 

20 hours ago, KAP said:

Could you confirm, if the child is over 6 years old they are required to have been vaccinated?

As detailed:

20 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Students under 18 years old who need to travel in and out of the province need undergo a RT-PCR Covid-19 test by the Phuket Public Health Office. The results are valid for up to a month.

Which makes the whole exercise pointless.

13 hours ago, Tea said:

I left Phuket this morning to attend court for a legal case in Krabi. I planned to stay overnight and, depending on how long my case takes, possibly two nights. I live in an apartment in Phuket. I am an unvaccinated foreigner with no access to a vaccine. Am i expected to live out of my car in Krabi til this things blows over? How can they keep me from going home? Serious question.

If you live in Phuket you have the same access to vaccines as everyone else on Phuket, which is far from the whole population - many Thais and farangs alike are in exactly the same boat as you.

20 hours ago, Graham said:

But surely this rule should have been in place since 1st July as per the requirements for international tourists entry to Phuket, or was this not the case ?

9 hours ago, Lost said:

Should be exactly same rules for international and domestic entrance to sandbox 

It "should" but it would have been and still is impossible as Phuket isn't self-sufficient so delivery drivers have to deliver and not enough have been or can be vaccinated to make that possible.

9 hours ago, PhayakPeter said:

About time it was the same rule  rule for all instead of thinking dirty unclean farrangs are the spreaders. 

Yawn. Big yawn.

The rules in Phuket have never been different for Thais and farangs.

The differences have been between international arrivals (farang or Thai) and domestic arrivals (farang or Thai), which was unavoidable given the lack of vaccines in Thailand.

15 minutes ago, Stonker said:

As detailed:

Which makes the whole exercise pointless.

If you live in Phuket you have the same access to vaccines as everyone else on Phuket, which is far from the whole population - many Thais and farangs alike are in exactly the same boat as you.

It "should" but it would have been and still is impossible as Phuket isn't self-sufficient so delivery drivers have to deliver and not enough have been or can be vaccinated to make that possible.

Yawn. Big yawn.

The rules in Phuket have never been different for Thais and farangs.

The differences have been between international arrivals (farang or Thai) and domestic arrivals (farang or Thai), which was unavoidable given the lack of vaccines in Thailand.

"The rules have never been different for Thais and ferangs."

Er what about entry charges for National Parks and other entertainments?

5 hours ago, TobyAndrews said:

"The rules have never been different for Thais and ferangs."

Er what about entry charges for National Parks and other entertainments?

3 hours ago, Poolie said:

Yaawn.

If you find my posts boring don't read them. I was communicating with Stoker not you.

Joined last Sunday and already being sarcastic. What were you banned from Thai visa for, Same smart mouth?

Edited by TobyAndrews
extra

7 hours ago, THETRUTH said:

Maybe you didn't read the whole of the text that you, ehm, quoted. For "children" only the Pfizer vaccine is approved and even then only for the age group of 12-17-year-olds.

So essentially it is against the WHO recommendations to 1) vaccinate children with anything else than Pfizer 2) vaccinate children under 12 at all.

So you just pointed out exactly the point I was making - the WHO dis not against vaccinating children as previously stated  - instead there are certain instances where vaccinating children is acceptable.  

It would have been accurate to say "the WHO advises not to vaccinate most children at this time"  or "the WHO advises to vaccinate children only under specific circumstances and only with pfizer until further studies have concluded.  The blanket statement of "the WHO is against vaccinating children" followed by vaccinating 12-17 year olds with pfizer is contradictory at best as that IS vaccinating children.....

Edited by MikeTexas

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2021 at 4:29 PM, satpete said:

one jab of AZ, Pfizer or Moderna is not enough against delta variant,
they will bring virus to Phuket, not foreigners

I totally agree but from what I understood, domestic only need one jab of AZ +14 days to enter phuket, right? 

• Like 1

Serous question maybe i am missing something

Ok firstly i am not planning on going to HKT

But i am vaccinated in prachuap  so how would i prove i am vaccinated should i wish to go

I have no cerificate or vaccination Passport

2 minutes ago, poohy said:

I have no cerificate or vaccination Passport

You should have a copy of your vaccinations.

Contact the hospital where you received your vaccination and tell them you want a certificate.  According to the Ministry of Health everyone that gets vaccinated is to receive a certificate attesting to the fact.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrStretch said:

You should have a copy of your vaccinations.

Contact the hospital where you received your vaccination and tell them you want a certificate.  According to the Ministry of Health everyone that gets vaccinated is to receive a certificate attesting to the fact.

Thank you

I will ask but as far as i know nothing has been issued to anyone Thai or otherwise

On 7/20/2021 at 9:57 PM, gummy said:

Maybe he is  an avid follower of Joseph Mengele and his clinical methodology

Or a keen admirer of USAMRIID historied and unclassified projects. 

🤔

13 minutes ago, poohy said:

Thank you

I will ask but as far as i know nothing has been issued to anyone Thai or otherwise

“Those who have completed the vaccination will receive a COVID-19 certificate,” announced Anutin Charnvirakul, Thailand’s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Health, after a National Communicable Diseases Committee held on March 8th, 2021.

Do you have a Yellow Vaccination Book?  If so, you should submit it to the hospital where you got your vaccinations.

"All domestic travellers entering Phuket need to be vaccinated against Covid-19 and test negative for the virus"

We're also happy if you just wire your holiday budget and stay away.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

“Those who have completed the vaccination will receive a COVID-19 certificate,” announced Anutin Charnvirakul, Thailand’s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Health, after a National Communicable Diseases Committee held on March 8th, 2021.

Do you have a Yellow Vaccination Book?  If so, you should submit it to the hospital where you got your vaccinations.

Hmmm i see

No yellow book or certification of any description i will ask at hospital

I do suspect i will be met with blank looks ..we shall see

• Cool 1

5 hours ago, Kathy said:

I totally agree but from what I understood, domestic only need one jab of AZ +14 days to enter phuket, right? 

Can someone confirm if these rules still stand? CYMERA_20210630_203202.thumb.jpg.8d954a021dba773172fd1b4f495580b2.jpgCYMERA_20210630_203202.thumb.jpg.8d954a021dba773172fd1b4f495580b2.jpg

2 hours ago, Kathy said:

Can someone confirm if these rules still stand? CYMERA_20210630_203202.thumb.jpg.8d954a021dba773172fd1b4f495580b2.jpgCYMERA_20210630_203202.thumb.jpg.8d954a021dba773172fd1b4f495580b2.jpg

This is the old procedure. Phuket has been closed down to all but essential travel since 2-August.